Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    I have no interest in Syrian intervention. I have little to no confidence that our involvement will reduce violence or increase stability in the long term.
    I could see it starting a major major regional war that would have global consequences. I am for giving more active support to the rebels even if they have jihadist elements among their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      I could see it starting a major major regional war that would have global consequences. I am for giving more active support to the rebels even if they have jihadist elements among their ranks.
      This is a nonstarter for me, and I suspect most Americans. I'm not interested in Libya 2.0.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
        This is a nonstarter for me, and I suspect most Americans. I'm not interested in Libya 2.0.
        You're an Arab Spring party pooper.

Comment

Well this has just been laughable. What a shambles his Middle East policy has become.

I wouldn't vote to give this light-weight the keys to a WWI-era biplane, let alone a few cruise missles.

The quickly evaporating president.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Well this has just been laughable. What a shambles his Middle East policy has become.

I wouldn't vote to give this light-weight the keys to a WWI-era biplane, let alone a few cruise missles.

Remember how reviled we were under Bush and how Obama was going to fix all that? How's that all working out?
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I'm the first guy to point the finger and lay blame on the President, but really what could he do in this situation that doesn't have a significant cost in American life or treasure that could be readily justified? The situation is a nightmare and from my vantage point I can't see it in the United States' interests to align with either side. They're all bastards, but what makes it worse is that none of them are our bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                I'm the first guy to point the finger and lay blame on the President, but really what could he do in this situation that doesn't have a significant cost in American life or treasure that could be readily justified? The situation is a nightmare and from my vantage point I can't see it in the United States' interests to align with either side. They're all bastards, but what makes it worse is that none of them are our bastards.
                Then he should have kept his mouth shut from the start.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  Agreed. The problem isn't that he is choosing not to strike. The problem is that he says there is a red line and sends Kerry to announce a strike and THEN he says he can't act unless be consults congress.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

President Jimmy wouldn't either... Not without support from the U.N.:

President Jimmy Carter spoke out against military action in Syria without support from the United Nations, saying any strikes without the U.N.'s blessing would be illegal.

"A punitive military response without a U.N. Security Council mandate or broad support from NATO and the Arab League would be illegal under international law and unlikely to alter the course of the war," said a statement from the Carter Center Friday.

The former president urged "a peace conference" in the statement.
                    [...]
                    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3844094.html

Some people make better former presidents than presidents.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Good point. I agree with you and creekster.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Good point. I agree with you and creekster.
                        There's no way we should get involved in any way, shape or form. It's worse than Iraq, which was also an enormous error. Al Qaeda is one side and the Iranians are on the other. Whoever wins, we lose, so just let them kill each other for the time being. Civilians get killed but they also get killed in African civil wars. It's up to people in the Middle East to demand better government but they repeatedly fail to do so. Look at who they elected in Egypt.

Comment

Obama needs to continue to shape this into something that will get us to Armageddon ASAP and get this shit over once and for all. Here's to hoping.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

There's no way we should get involved in any way, shape or form. It's worse than Iraq, which was also an enormous error. Al Qaeda is one side and the Iranians are on the other. Whoever wins, we lose, so just let them kill each other for the time being. Civilians get killed but they also get killed in African civil wars. It's up to people in the Middle East to demand better government but they repeatedly fail to do so. Look at who they elected in Egypt.
                            Yes, if President Bush Jr. was still running the show he would note that Syria only ranks 32nd in oil production and we would be invading Iran instead. It is best to cut off the head.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Remember how reviled we were under Bush and how Obama was going to fix all that? How's that all working out?

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

About the same.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Is that the Dad from Family Ties?
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X