No announcement yet.

The Pulled Pork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We always use the King's Hawaiian rolls for pulled pork.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• I put a 7 pound bone in shoulder on the smoker just before 10 PM last night. It's current temp is 189. Looks like our game time meal has been turned into a post game meal. Pork shoulder is the kicker of BBQ.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Just pulled a whole shoulder off the smoker. I had it cut to it to get both picnic and a boston butt. 20 hours to get to 195. At a $1.29 a pound I can put up with the poor temperament of pork.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• I love pulled pork tacos. Good idea to go straight to the tacos and bypass the sandwiches. I should try that next time.
          hi

Comment

• Originally posted by bestellen View Post
            I love pulled pork tacos. Good idea to go straight to the tacos and bypass the sandwiches. I should try that next time.
            Solid first post. I look forward to many more!

Comment

• I'm bringing dinner to my neighbors. I asked them what they wanted and he left for a minute and then came back with a frozen rack of baby backs. Since my smoker was going anyway, I picked up a couple butts. They cooked faster than expected but came out great. I just chopped about 2 pounds and put them in the beans that are on the smoker with the ribs. There will be some good eating tonight.

Comment

• I smoked two shoulders for my son's baptism lunch. They were at 190 degrees about 11 hours before they would be served. I pulled them from the smoke, wrapped them in foil and put them in the oven at 200 degrees. Four hours before serving time they were at 202, so I FTC'd and pulled at eating time. I saved the renderings and poured them over the pulled product (they did dry out a bit), and it was perfect. A little slaw and Head Country BBQ sauce (there's a Clack joke in there somewhere), and it was great eating.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• The meal turned out pretty good. The homemade BBQ sauce went really well with the pulled pork and in the beans.

IMG_1159.jpg

Comment

• Four butts injected, rubbed, and ready for the smoker at 2 a.m. Life is good.

Anyone got a cigarette?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      Four butts injected, rubbed, and ready for the smoker at 2 a.m. Life is good.

Anyone got a cigarette?
                      Did you ever find a cig?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Did you ever find a cig?

No. However, my pulled pork was so good that it won the hearts of the masses.

Comment

• Just finished putting a couple of butts on the smoker. Planning to serve the pulled pork with croissants at an Independence Day dinner. Nothing says "Merica" quite like croissants.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Two butts went on the smoker last night at 11:45 pm. One is 169 degrees and the other 167. Pork butt can be a fickle SOB. Luckily, at about 2:00 pm seeing it wasn’t going to happen, I put short ribs on the smoker. Those made a wonderful dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              Two butts went on the smoker last night at 11:45 pm. One is 169 degrees and the other 167. Pork butt can be a fickle SOB. Luckily, at about 2:00 pm seeing it wasn’t going to happen, I put short ribs on the smoker. Those made a wonderful dinner.
                              What? That can’t be right. You need to check your smoker temp control.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                What? That can’t be right. You need to check your smoker temp control.
                                I have. Many times. I have used different thermostats and in different places. I also cooked the short ribs in the exact amount of time as expected. I’m up to172 and 170. Progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X