Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The Pulled Pork Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Are you getting consistent shrink?
    I went swimming in Lake Tahoe on Saturday. I got consistent shrink.

Took the day off and smoked another pork butt. We bought the Costco 2-pack, smoked one, and froze the other. The roast has the bone taken out, and the roast is cut nearly in half diagonally as a result. I used bamboo skewers to hold it all together while it cooked. This one, about 7.5 pounds, cooked in 8:45 (6 hours @ 220 High Smoke, and 2:45 pan foiled @ 225).

I think I need to cook another brisket now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Took the day off and smoked another pork butt. We bought the Costco 2-pack, smoked one, and froze the other. The roast has the bone taken out, and the roast is cut nearly in half diagonally as a result. I used bamboo skewers to hold it all together while it cooked. This one, about 7.5 pounds, cooked in 8:45 (6 hours @ 220 High Smoke, and 2:45 pan foiled @ 225).

I think I need to cook another brisket now.
    Next time smoke both. Cuts down on fuel and time. Vacuum seal what you don't eat and freeze it. Just boil water and drop the vacuum sealed bag in to reheat. That way you can have pulled pork in minutes when you want instead of hours. It will still taste great.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Next time smoke both. Cuts down on fuel and time. Vacuum seal what you don't eat and freeze it. Just boil water and drop the vacuum sealed bag in to reheat. That way you can have pulled pork in minutes when you want instead of hours. It will still taste great.
    You're absolutely right. I still need to get a vacuum sealer, but it's a no brainier. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    You're absolutely right. I still need to get a vacuum sealer, but it's a no brainier. Good call.
    And get yourself a Sam's Club card and buy your butts there. They leave the bone in...and I think it provides a better cook overall.

I good shards of bone when I use the Costco butts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    I went swimming in Lake Tahoe on Saturday. I got consistent shrink.
    this deserves to be acknowledged.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    And get yourself a Sam's Club card and buy your butts there. They leave the bone in...and I think it provides a better cook overall.

I good shards of bone when I use the Costco butts.
    I have no idea why Costco removes the bone. So stupid.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I have no idea why Costco removes the bone. So stupid.
    Yeah. It's super dumb. I think that maybe they think it helps it cook faster?

All I know is that when I use them...I take great time when I shred them to pick through to find any bone pieces. Major pain in the ass.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Leftover pulled pork is awesome. Tasty, and lots of great ways to use it. We'll put smoked pork in the dinner rotation sometimes just to make sure we have a healthy stash of leftovers.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν