Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The Pulled Pork Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I've only to page 12 on this thread, but do you mop it?
    Not always, but I am today. I use a vinegar mop and I apply it with a small spray bottle. Here is the recipe, but I usually use 1/3 of a batch and have plenty:

3 C rice vinegar
    2 T sugar
    1 T Worcestershire sauce
    1 T lemon juice

Mix it up and you might need to heat it up a bit to get the sugar to dissolve. It gives the bark a very nice tangy flavor.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Clear eyes. Full hearts. Surfah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
    The stall is normal. The issue is how long it lasts.
    Well it was stuck at 160 for a bit but I just checked and it seems to have powered through. 175+ all over so I am going to leave it without foil and hope it gets to temp in the next 3 hours.

I did a brisket at the same time and I pulled it off and put it in the oven already. It's my dad's birthday and this is what he asked for. Surfah clan gon grind tonight.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Mine is at 174. It's funny how much that stall screws with your head.
    "That John Denver is full of [it] man"

Just reached temp after 8.5 hrs. With these Costco butts at ~8 lbs, typical time for me is 9 hrs. Did not foil.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

So, yesterday was my second shot smoking a Boston butt. The first time I simply didn't leave myself enough time, and the result was mediocre at best.

Yesterday my 7 lb butt took 13 hours to reach temp (including the last hour wrapped in foil in the oven at 275). I FTC'd it for two hours, and only pulled it out of the cooler when the guests arrived. Things were a little hectic, so I was only able to snap one picture. The bark was tasty, but maybe a little too dark as a result of the amount of time it took to cook, but the flavor overall was exceptional. We had a family with seven kids over, and their four older kids did some serious damage on the meat.

I served it with sweet hawaiian rolls, and coleslaw with the Litehouse dressing, and four different sauces: Sweet Baby Rays, Head Country (a sweet, mild sauce that's popular in OK), Raspberry Chipotle, and regular KC Masterpiece. My rub was Joe Davidson's Chicken and Pork Rub (from Oklahoma Joe's) with some brown sugar. Even my wife (who is not a huge smoked meat fan) loved the pulled pork.

pork.jpg
    "That John Denver is full of [it] man"

Not pulled pork but I an art Pappys bbq in St Louis. Best damn bbq you will ever have. Here are some ribs they gave me while i wait for my family to arrive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Not pulled pork but I an art Pappys bbq in St Louis. Best damn bbq you will ever have. Here are some ribs they gave me while i wait for my family to arrive.
    I've heard great things about Pappy's. I am planning on catching a Cards game in the next month or so and it is on my list of eats.
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Since you didnt make those, let me say yikes. those ribs looking absolutely terrible. were they warmed up in the microwave? seriously, i think those are the worst looking pork ribs that anyone has posted on this site. maybe it is just a bad picture. #sjbh
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Since you didnt make those, let me say yikes. those ribs looking absolutely terrible. were they warmed up in the microwave? seriously, i think those are the worst looking pork ribs that anyone has posted on this site. maybe it is just a bad picture. #sjbh
    Beat me to it. That one on the right looks three days old.