No announcement yet.

The thread for amusing, insightful, newsworthy or outrageous political Tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thread for amusing, insightful, newsworthy or outrageous political Tweets

This political season has brought about a change that I never saw coming - I'm all in on Twitter. I check it on my phone and my computer. I Tweet sparingly but I re-Tweet like an effing Tweet Banshee. I have a handful of favorite political Twitter accounts I follow - IowaHawk (David Burge) might be my favorite (even though he's stubbornly refusing to jump on the Mitt Wagon and ride). Borowitz Report (Andy Borowitz) is also in the top tier. For pure pithy politics, Mike Murphy is great. Secupp ... amaeryllis also is a hard drinking NYC securities attorney and had the funniest Tweet of the Iowa caucus ("I would do things to any one of those Romney boys that would make Rick Santorum blush") allahpundit and edmorissey of HotAir are both pretty active, Ryan Streeter, Hugh Hewitt, Slate, and Commentary (commentary magazine) help round it out... The Onion is also indispenable

Here are a few items from today to kick off the thread:

iowahawkblog David Burge
    Washington Post provides in-depth coverage of the question no one is asking wapo.st/AA3UuK

jmartpolitico jmartpolitico
    ...and now Newt is back to saying he went too far in Bain-bashing. Via @jonallendc on the ground in SC: politi.co/x5cgwx

jamestaranto James Taranto
    Romney strikes exactly the right tone here, I'd say. http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...efending-obama

iowahawkblog David Burge
    #RulesofThumb The more drugged-out and bedraggled the ad model, the more expensive the clothing.

amaeryllis amaeryllis
    now I ain't sayin' he's a job creator, but he ain't messin' with no broke, broke.

philipaklein Philip Klein
    Newt blunt in his latest fundraising email: "Do you want to stop Mitt Romney or not?"

TheOnion The Onion
    Follow @OnionPolitics for all the political news that our deep-pocketed PAC donors suggest we cover. bit.ly/ws9GHA

iowahawkblog David Burge
    The last time the Congress passed a budget, Clay Aiken was straight.

Commentary Commentary Magazine
    Why do we keep insisting Romney is weak? Here's a rebuttal from Peter Wehner: bit.ly/y392vD
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Not political but what the hell - The Sulk is another fav

thesulk Alec Sulkin
    Ladies, do you want sincere admiration twice a week or the constant reassurances you beat out of us daily?
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

John Kasich
      @JohnKasich

Great that Honda decided Ohio is the best place to build its new Acura supercar. We're on the comeback. http://goo.gl/7UnVV

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        John Kasich
        @JohnKasich
        Those Honda sonsabitches, outsourcing jobs from Japan.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Borowitz: "When Newt goes to South Carolina it will be as a stalker."

Seriously, restraining order time.
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

@philipaklein: Can't wait for sequel "When Newt Came to town," about a historian who gives frank lectures that create millions of jobs.

mcmoynihan Michael C Moynihan
            Yeah, what kind of commie, Quebecois RINO would want a bilingual president. thedc.com/yiCb2r #itscometothis

RT @rickklein: in space of a week, Gingrich attacked Romney on Bain, speaking French, and a dog on the roof of the car.

daveweigel daveweigel
            DEVELOPING: Bain Capital buys Newt HQ in South Carolina, ships it to Nogales

JoshuaGreen Joshua Green
            Romney should seriously consider doing a 'Sister Souljah' on Palin. Perfect target: hated, hapless, hopeless. He'd win the middle.

stephenfhayes Stephen Hayes
            RT @NKingofDC: Looks like Newt's about to lose his Secretary of State. Hear that John Bolton is set to endorse Romney.

amaeryllis amaeryllis
            Wait til Newt reads Barbarians at the Gate.

@BorowitzReport
            Andy Borowitz
            My only dream for my children is that they grow up to be as smart as my phone.

andylevy Andy Levy
            How do you say "I'm suspending my campaign" in Mandarin?

daveweigel daveweigel
            One big problem for Huntsman: In New Hampshire, voters outnumber magazine profile writers
            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
              RT @rickklein: in space of a week, Gingrich attacked Romney on Bain, speaking French, and a dog on the roof of the car.

Seriously, whats wrong with speaking French? Has the GOP delved so far into patriotism that being able to speak some language other than English is seen as a negative?
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Christian Heinze:

Rick Perry on Fox News last night: "This is not rocket scientist." #IronicSentenceToScrewUp.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Hah that's awesome.

Andy Borowitz just now:

At this point Rick Perry's campaign is more of a cry for help.
                  Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

This isn't a tweet, but still funny. Colbert interviews Justice Stevens.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...xrs=share_copy

Comment

@DrewHampshire

And suddenly it seems possible that Mitt Romney could careful his way out of the nomination.

Comment

Nate Silver Tweets that this sound will go off in David Axelrod's head if Gingrich wins Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHTLI...ature=youtu.be
                        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

robdelaney rob delaney
                          Callista Gingrich's vagina is a USB port.
                          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Ann Coulter:

If Romney gets cancer, Newt will leave to attack someone else.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

This ain't right, but it made me laugh.

Paul Begala:

Thought bubble over Newt's head when asked about Terry Schiavo: "Obviously, you divorce her." #fldebate
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X