Android apps - reviews and suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    You can try YouMail. I have not tried it myself. Visual voicemail isn't important to me. Mostly because the accuracy is terrible. Another option is to setup a Google Voice account which has free voice to text.
    Yeah, I don't mean that I want transcription--just a list of voicemails and the ability to listen to each one individually, move the slider to rewind and fast forward, and other features that iphone's voicemail has.

Maybe I'll have to check out youmail or google voice. Thanks for the suggestions.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
      Yeah, I don't mean that I want transcription--just a list of voicemails and the ability to listen to each one individually, move the slider to rewind and fast forward, and other features that iphone's voicemail has.

Maybe I'll have to check out youmail or google voice. Thanks for the suggestions.
      I think your issue is more with Verizon than android. I'm on Sprint and visual voicemail is free on my Evo 4g.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
        I get visual voicemail free with T-Mobile. I also get faster 4g speeds here in Boise than my friends a go have Verizon.

Google voice will do what you want and will also provide a text transcription of your voicemail for you.
        Just set up Google voice and it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestions, erebody.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I think your issue is more with Verizon than android. I'm on Sprint and visual voicemail is free on my Evo 4g.
          Oh, I know that it's Verizon who is trying to nickel and dime by charging $4/mo for the service--but for whatever reason, they only made it so for the droid--my wife has an iphone through Verizon and the visual voicemail is built into it, so she didn't have to do the Google Voice voicemail workaround.

I read somewhere that Google made a conscious decision to not include visual voicemail into Droid so that it was up to each carrier to implement it however it chose to. Apparently, Verizon wanted to charge extra.

Of course, now that I did it through Google Voice, I get the added benefit of transcribed voice mail and being able to access messages from any computer.

Comment

When I try to watch videos on byutv.org, it tells me that I have to install Adobe flash-- but then I can't install flash on my phone (still galaxy S3) because it's not "available in my country"-- anybody have a fix for me please? Surfah, is this a common problem?

Comment

When I try to watch videos on byutv.org, it tells me that I have to install Adobe flash-- but then I can't install flash on my phone (still galaxy S3) because it's not "available in my country"-- anybody have a fix for me please? Surfah, is this a common problem?
              I just tried on my S3 and it's working fine. I am watching the BYU vs Wazzu replay on my phone now. What browser are you using? I am using a Beta version of a new Dolphin Browser. I haven't tried on the stock browser. Maybe try and see if there is an update for the browser or try another browser like Dolphin.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

What do roly guys user fire a college fb app? I use scoreit. It works well for scores, but isn't great for checking stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                  What do roly guys user fire a college fb app? I use scoreit. It works well for scores, but isn't great for checking stats.
                  I use ESPN Scorecenter.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I use ESPN Scorecenter.
                    Yep. Scorecenter is great because of the myteams functionality. The yahoo app is pretty good too.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

My son's Samsung tablet was having this issue. I know that he fixed it so I'll ask him what he did.
                      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

I just tried on my S3 and it's working fine. I am watching the BYU vs Wazzu replay on my phone now. What browser are you using? I am using a Beta version of a new Dolphin Browser. I haven't tried on the stock browser. Maybe try and see if there is an update for the browser or try another browser like Dolphin.
                        I tried the native browser and Firefox. Thanks, I'll try updating and/or Dolphin.

Comment

Well, I tried the Dolphin browser (current and Beta versions) and they all gave the same message--that I need to install Adobe flash player. Hopefully I can find the fix because I want to rewatch the game!

Comment

Well, crap.

http://www.androidauthority.com/adob...st-15th-98486/

Comment

you can still grab it here.
                              http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html

I saw some comments that version 11.1.115.12 was more stable than the most recent one but ymmv.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                you can still grab it here.
                                http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html

I saw some comments that version 11.1.115.12 was more stable than the most recent one but ymmv.
                                Awesome, thanks. I'm now watching some hawtt cougar-on-cougar action!

Comment

Working...
                                X