No announcement yet.

2012 College Football Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 QB Gunner Kiel de-co's from LSU and now is apparently off to be a Domer. This is after he had initially committed to Indiana and walked away from that to go to Baton Rouge.

He was all set to be an EE and start classes but failed to get on his flight to LSU. Nobody knew where he was until someone tweeted that he is now headed to South Bend.

This kid seems confused.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

And Ellis McCarthy de-co's from Kal and is now headed to Westwood???

This is going to be a crazy LOI Day!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Apparently Kal is losing players, seemingly due to the jump of Tosh Lupoi

Comment

The loss of Lupoi was huge. If I am Sark I have him on the phone trying to land Shaq, McCarthy, and Payton.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
            Apparently Kal is losing players, seemingly due to the jump of Tosh Lupoi
            I still can't believe Tosh left Tedford. If he was going to bail for a similar job why didn't he do it last year when he took the fall for faking injuries against Oregon?

It'll be interesting to see how awesome the Cal class ends up being. I think we see them lose more than a few, I mean if Tosh isn't there who will play Xbox with them?
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Questions, two:

Would it be wrong for me to be in charge of planning the law school tailgates next year?

Would it be tacky to attend them while wearing crimson?

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                Questions, two:

Would it be wrong for me to be in charge of planning the law school tailgates next year?

Would it be tacky to attend them while wearing crimson?
                You will be a 3L and on law review. You can do whatever you want.

I didn't know you were a Utah fan now, too. I guess I will add them to the list.

sigpic

Comment

You will be a 3L and on law review. You can do whatever you want.

I didn't know you were a Utah fan now, too. I guess I will add them to the list.
                  Whatever, Mr. CougarTrojanLakerJazz fan.

Speaking of tacky, did I mention that Baylor put a *huge* billboard up over UT's campus?

Comment

Jazz fan???

Is RGIII still a student at Baylor? I thought he bailed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      Questions, two:

Not at all. From what I hear it sounds like you did a great job this year of organizing CUF activities for the BYU-UT game.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Not at all. From what I hear it sounds like you did a great job this year of organizing CUF activities for the BYU-UT game.
                        Hey, it's hardly my fault BYU was inconsiderate enough to schedule the game in a week I worked 80 hours! And besides, the cuffers all wanted BBQ. I loathe BBQ.

Comment

One of the better things that could happen to college football

@McMurphyCBS: Sources told @CBSSports there's "strong support" to increase bowl eligibility to 7 wins in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post

@McMurphyCBS: Sources told @CBSSports there's "strong support" to increase bowl eligibility to 7 wins in 2014
                            That is a good start.

Comment

Wisconsin starting the new season off with a some accusations and admissions of crotch grabbing

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...student-012412

A University of Wisconsin student alleged that an athletic department official grabbed his crotch at an alcohol-fueled party during the football team's trip to the Rose Bowl, according to an independent report released by the school on Tuesday night.

The report says the student alleges former senior associate athletic director John Chadima put his hand down the student's pants at the end of a party in Chadima's suite at a Los Angeles hotel on Dec. 31....

...Chadima was put on administrative leave on Jan. 6 and resigned the same day. He previously had issued an apology for a "lapse in judgment," and issued another statement through his attorney Tuesday.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post

That sounds good, until there aren't enough 7 win teams to fill all bowls. This year there were 35 bowls, I assume that number will be equal or greater next year.

A quick count says that last year there were 62 teams with 7 wins, 14 of which were 7-6 meaning they possibly didn't have 7 wins going into bowl season. So unless we are supposed to believe that the NCAA is going to cancel bowls we will just see a lot more waivers like UCLA got last year. Then over the course of the next couple of years we will see a dramatic increase in FCS vs. FBS games, and a rule change that you can count more than 1 game against FCS towards bowl record eligibility.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X