Water Walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    So, an update. I'm going strong on my exercise routine. I complete 17 lengths of the 25 meter pool every weekday. When I first started, I could only swim 2 entire lengths + the deep end swimming. Now, I can do 5 (3 freestyle, 1 back, 1 fat-man breaststroke), and I swim a good 3-4 strokes into the shallow part each time before starting the water-jogging. I no longer walk.

I've also started pulling myself out of the pool by grabbing onto the bars below the diving platforms. When I started it was all I could do to pull my chin up to the top bar (my bellybutton is out of the water when I do that move) 8 times. This morning I did 13. On the lower bar, I could only do 10 tops when I started. This morning I did 30, cooled down, and did 10 more until my arms would no longer respond to my brain's orders. I've got tennis balls in my arms again like when I played football. My calves are defined now and if I flex them you can see all of the muscles. My suit pants fit very well, and I'm much more comfortable in my own skin. I'm wearing shirts that I haven't worn in years. My blood pressure is sometimes 95/60. I go in for a checkup in July. By then, if this pattern continues, I might come off half the pills I'm on.

When I first started, my heartbeat was 17-18 beats per 5 seconds. Now, it's 11-14 depending on how hard I push myself. I've lost 30 lbs, and I'm going to have to buy new swimsuits. All three of mine are tied as tight as I can get them, and this morning one of them was at my knees by the time I finished swimming a length.

Someone who's not related to me asked me yesterday if I'd lost weight. I blushed--I've not gotten that question very often.

It's Friday, everything's in bloom, I'm in love, and the weather is perfect. Peace and love to all God's children.

Mac
    Awesome. Keep it up.

I feel good when I am able to dedicate some time to myself to work out. If I don't I get very grumpy.

Comment

So, an update. I'm going strong on my exercise routine. I complete 17 lengths of the 25 meter pool every weekday. When I first started, I could only swim 2 entire lengths + the deep end swimming. Now, I can do 5 (3 freestyle, 1 back, 1 fat-man breaststroke), and I swim a good 3-4 strokes into the shallow part each time before starting the water-jogging. I no longer walk.

I've also started pulling myself out of the pool by grabbing onto the bars below the diving platforms. When I started it was all I could do to pull my chin up to the top bar (my bellybutton is out of the water when I do that move) 8 times. This morning I did 13. On the lower bar, I could only do 10 tops when I started. This morning I did 30, cooled down, and did 10 more until my arms would no longer respond to my brain's orders. I've got tennis balls in my arms again like when I played football. My calves are defined now and if I flex them you can see all of the muscles. My suit pants fit very well, and I'm much more comfortable in my own skin. I'm wearing shirts that I haven't worn in years. My blood pressure is sometimes 95/60. I go in for a checkup in July. By then, if this pattern continues, I might come off half the pills I'm on.

When I first started, my heartbeat was 17-18 beats per 5 seconds. Now, it's 11-14 depending on how hard I push myself. I've lost 30 lbs, and I'm going to have to buy new swimsuits. All three of mine are tied as tight as I can get them, and this morning one of them was at my knees by the time I finished swimming a length.

Someone who's not related to me asked me yesterday if I'd lost weight. I blushed--I've not gotten that question very often.

It's Friday, everything's in bloom, I'm in love, and the weather is perfect. Peace and love to all God's children.

Mac
      Very cool, Mac. Keep up the good work.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Mac
        Sincere congrats, wuap. I've got a few I've been planning to lose this summer and you've inspired me to start nowish.

Comment

Awesome news, man, keep it up.

Comment

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Awesome news, wuap! I was wondering how your NY resolution was going.
              Getting fit while losing weight is so much better than just trying to lose weight, for a lot of reasons.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

This is great news, Wuap. Congrats on your lifestyle change. I'm glad that you've been able to work through those difficult first few weeks of a new program and are starting to see some serious benefits.

I look forward to reading more updates.

Comment

Inspiring.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Great job, wuap. Keep up the good work.
                    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I waited to post this until I felt good about everything, and not when I was needing a little ra-ra-ing to carry on. I just wanted to share my progress with yall, not for the praise, but to say thanks for all the advice I got from people, especially in PMs. Thanks for all of the encouragement though; it's welcome.

Mac
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

wuap, I wish you continued success.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

This time last year my son was 420. Now he is 260. He's a completely changed person. Keep up the good work, you can do it too.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                            This time last year my son was 420. Now he is 260. He's a completely changed person. Keep up the good work, you can do it too.
                            Wow, that is amazing. I would love to hear more on what he did. Tell him that some random internet guy is very much in awe of what he has done.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              Wow, that is amazing. I would love to hear more on what he did. Tell him that some random internet guy is very much in awe of what he has done.
                              This won't work for Waup, but I told him that if he was never going to get laid properly, he was going to have to lose the weight. (6'5" former footballer, 21 yo.). So for the first time in his life he showed some self discipline. He cut his calories to 1000 a day, and ran 5/9 miles a day. He would run at the high school in the middle of the night so no one would see him. He'd run all night and come home about 4 in the morning. He focused full time on his goal, and the weight dropped and dropped and dropped, and when hit got below 300, he doubled down on his determination, and he worked harder than ever.

I was really proud watching him work so hard, and for a kid that was always taking the easy way out, he showed real grit. When he got to 260 I asked him how he did it. He said, Dad, I knew in my heart what you told me was true, I really want to get laid. - There's worse motivation I guess. No word yet on the pay off.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                This won't work for Waup, but I told him that if he was never going to get laid properly, he was going to have to lose the weight. (6'5" former footballer, 21 yo.). So for the first time in his life he showed some self discipline. He cut his calories to 1000 a day, and ran 5/9 miles a day. He would run at the high school in the middle of the night so no one would see him. He'd run all night and come home about 4 in the morning. He focused full time on his goal, and the weight dropped and dropped and dropped, and when hit got below 300, he doubled down on his determination, and he worked harder than ever.

I was really proud watching him work so hard, and for a kid that was always taking the easy way out, he showed real grit. When he got to 260 I asked him how he did it. He said, Dad, I knew in my heart what you told me was true, I really want to get laid. - There's worse motivation I guess. No word yet on the pay off.
                                Congratulations to him. Sex is a powerful motivator, but if he's just after sex, he's likely to abuse it the same way he abused food. I had enough swagger to get laid at 400 lbs.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X