Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Santorum (please, don't Google his last name) is the funniest not-Romney yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit... Santorum is going after my Iron Maiden:

Rick Santorum has been on the offensive lately, but his target has not been Republican frontrunner Mitt Romney or even President Barack Obama. For the past week, Santorum has been using his campaign to take aim at an issue he feels to be the single most dangerous force in America today: Satanism in heavy metal. “If you listen to the radio today, many of these brand new, so-called heavy metal music bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, The WASP and Iron Maiden use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people,” announced Santorum at a 10,000 dollar a plate sock-hop in Valdosta, Georgia on Thursday.

[...]

In the past, Santorum has accused heavy metal of being the cause of some of the worst crimes in American history including the attempt on the life of Ronald Reagan in 1981, 9/11 and the passage of Obama’s Health Care Bill. He stepped up his rhetoric in a speech on Wednesday when he implied that heavy metal is the cause of many forms of mental illness as well as lactose intolerance.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      :igiveup:

Santorum, protecting liberty by destroying freedom. I swear if he is elected, condoms are going to sell faster than ammunition sold when Obama was elected.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Did he really just call Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden "brand new"?
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Wow, I thought for sure that would be an onion piece. Maybe someone should send him the Gene R Cook Rolling Stones talk to add to his repertoire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            I think Republicans better pray Santorum does not beat Obama if he is the nominee.
            Why? Santorum, as crazy as he is, would be far better than giving Obama a 2nd term. In fact, I can't think of anyone that I believe would be worse for this country than Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Wow, I thought for sure that would be an onion piece. Maybe someone should send him the Gene R Cook Rolling Stones talk to add to his repertoire.
              That wasn't a satirical piece?

Comment

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                That wasn't a satirical piece?
                Yes that was relative inane satire

Comment

• Originally posted by Utah ma'am am I View Post
                  Why? Santorum, as crazy as he is, would be far better than giving Obama a 2nd term. In fact, I can't think of anyone that I believe would be worse for this country than Obama.
                  Santorum would guarantee a democrat win in 2016. With Obama we may get a good conservative like rubio in 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Utah ma'am am I View Post
                    There's no doubt you're related to IPU.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Santorum would guarantee a democrat win in 2016.
                      I guess then Romney would guarantee a democrat win as well. In the last Rasmussen poll I saw Romney was doing worse against Obama than Santorum against Obama.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I guess then Romney would guarantee a democrat win as well. In the last Rasmussen poll I saw Romney was doing worse against Obama than Santorum against Obama.
                        First off Santorum has not been vetted as much as Romney. And I was talking 2016, not who would do better against Obama. But it is pretty obvious once all the light is cast on Santorum he would do a lot worse.

Second, I am talking about if Santorum wins. His extreme right wing views would make democrats more popular and lead to a big 2016 for Democrats. Santorum is really just an extreme social right winger and a big spender. THat is not what the country wants.

Comment

First off Santorum has not been vetted as much as Romney. And I was talking 2016, not who would do better against Obama. But it is pretty obvious once all the light is cast on Santorum he would do a lot worse.

Second, I am talking about if Santorum wins. His extreme right wing views would make democrats more popular and lead to a big 2016 for Democrats. Santorum is really just an extreme social right winger and a big spender. THat is not what the country wants.
                          Santorum is the exact opposite of what I want.

Well, I'd rather have him than the big spender pushing social agendas on churches and individuals.

Seems to me like Santorum is Obama but with other social agendas to push. It's a lose-lose either way, IMO.

IN such a race, it might be best to just bite the bullet for another 4 years of Obama and then hope a fiscally conservative president can be elected...one unencumbered by social agendas.

This election has really helped me to personally distill my views and politics. I am most definitely a social libertarian while being fiscally conservative.

I'm essentially a fan of Ron Paul, but without being as isolationist. Although, I would support decreasing the extension of our military across the world. At least until we have paid attention to financial and infrastructure issues back home.
                          Last edited by Portland Ute; 02-11-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            I'm essentially a fan of Ron Paul, but without being as isolationist. Although, I would support decreasing the extension of our military across the world. At least until we have paid attention to financial and infrastructure issues back home.
                            So you think that 50 military bases surrounding Iran is a little too much?

And we got very nervous when a base was going into Cuba.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Santorum's biggest problem, IMO, is that he's a sourpuss who preaches gloom and doom about the country going to hell. Obama's team would have Santorum looking like Torquemada within a few weeks.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• So what does Jim Tressel, Rick Santorum, and a happy little garden gnome have in common?

They are mentioned in the same wikipedia article...

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweater_vest"]Sweater vest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

So Santorum has that going for him... which is nice.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X