Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Santorum (please, don't Google his last name) is the funniest not-Romney yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santorum aide: Why is Mormonism off-limits?

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      It must be frustrating when your candidate runs as a social/religious conservative, and is suddenly getting vetted.

The truth is, Mormonism is old news. Everyone knows Mitt is a Mormon, and many somewhat weird doctrines were openly discussed in the 2007 campaign (see Huckabee, Mike).
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

It's not off-limits, Mitt just doesn't care to discuss it. It's not the central theme of his campaign, unlike Santorum.

My uneasiness for Santorum comes from his religious speak. He speaks as if God is directing him to do certain things politically, which brings to my mind the monarchical rule of French kings. It's as if he thinks God is the one from whom the president gets his direction and power, when in fact the American form of government is quite clear that "The People" are the ones that give the president his power. The president is not elected by God and doesn't rule in accordance with God's principles, he does it in accordance with the people.

I'm fine with a deeply religious person being president, but I like Romney's and Obama's handling of religion by keeping it in the background while other, more important matters for a president, are kept in the forefront.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This is something we all either already knew or could have assumed, but I think it's important, in that it demonstrates that when he says that he wouldn't try to legislate his personal views, he doesn't mean it. Trying to push a bill that would have required teaching religion in science class is about as pernicious as it gets. It's not a stretch to assume that he would also work to ban birth control, abortion, and sodomy (because, again, conservative men only think about dudes when they think about gay sex; odd, that).

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]woc66jvkGHw[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

[YOUTUBE]woc66jvkGHw[/YOUTUBE]
              lol
              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
              SU

Comment

• God seems to have told a lot of people to run for president. It worked out well for Bauchman, Cain and Perry. Can't wait to see how it works out for Santorum.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/blog/in...rge-gods-will/
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  God seems to have told a lot of people to run for president. It worked out well for Bauchman, Cain and Perry. Can't wait to see how it works out for Santorum.

And Joseph Smith!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    And Joseph Smith!
                    I don't care much for Santorum, but I hope his campaign ends better than the Joseph Smith campaign.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      God seems to have told a lot of people to run for president. It worked out well for Bauchman, Cain and Perry. Can't wait to see how it works out for Santorum.

"The 'want' is a mission to make the culture a better culture, more pleasing to God," Mrs. Santorum said.
                      More pleasing to God = elimination of contraceptives

Sitting with three of their children, the Santorums said the campaign has been educational for the children, and said they've thrived on the encouragement of the voters they've met along the way.
                      Of course it's been educational, they were home schooled. This is probably the first time they've met people that think differently than them.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Why is Ron Paul a dick to Rick? Because he doesn't like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          And Joseph Smith!
                          I remember being embarrassed for JS when I read a quote about "how popular" he would be on the east coast (can't find the quote right now).

Santorum shouldn't cry foul over being grilled on religion; he's pandered to the religious right and they are the sole reason he still has an active campaign.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Of course it's been educational, they were home schooled. This is probably the first time they've met talked to people that think differently than them other than their mommy.
                            FIFY. (J/K Nikuman)
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              FIFY. (J/K Nikuman)
                              You can drop the super secret text. I'm pretty much in agreement here.
                              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                I remember being embarrassed for JS when I read a quote about "how popular" he would be on the east coast (can't find the quote right now).

Santorum shouldn't cry foul over being grilled on religion; he's pandered to the religious right and they are the sole reason he still has an active campaign.
                                He's like the BYU sports of presidential candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X