Archulata will go on a mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I think figuring out if you are an introvert or an extrovert or somewhere in the middle is an important part of becoming an adult and being happy with career, hobbies, etc.

There are a lot of miserable doctors, salespeople, etc. who are introverts and are miserable and unsuccessful in jobs where they are expected to talk to people all day.
    As an extrovert, I don't get introverts. I try, but, ultimately, I just see them as selfish.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      As an extrovert, I don't get introverts. I try, but, ultimately, I just see them as selfish.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        This kind of speculation is plain stupid.
        The headline writer knew what he/she was doing there.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
          The headline writer knew what he/she was doing there.
          ha. scottie still stirring the pot! :stirthepot:
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Can't argue with that.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

What isn't to get? Too many people think introversion/extroversion is about liking social interactions or not. It's more about energy levels. Extroverts are energized around crowds/people. Introverts expend energy in the same situations. They recharge their batteries alone or in one on one interactions.

Comment

Ha... not 5 minutes ago, my wife exclaimed while looking at her laptop "oh good! he finally came out!". I knew immediately that she was referring to this article and snickered as she opened the link and actually read the piece. Good stuff.

Comment

This is a good read that helped me understand a lot about the introvert/extrovert stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Power-In.../dp/0307352153

I'm definitely more introvert than extrovert. This book helped me finally understand why I get so exhausted mentally by seeing 20 patients in clinic but can do solitary tasks (reading EKGs, echos, dictating notes -- things that extroverts find very tedious) for hours and not be tired at at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    This is a good read that helped me understand a lot about the introvert/extrovert stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Power-In.../dp/0307352153

I'm definitely more introvert than extrovert. This book helped me finally understand why I get so exhausted mentally by seeing 20 patients in clinic but can do solitary tasks (reading EKGs, echos, dictating notes -- things that extroverts find very tedious) for hours and not be tired at at all.
                    You selfish SOB.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

How so?

Comment

I've got nothing to add to this thread, except I don't think Hollywood Anderson is an introvert, and he will do very well on American Idol.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Harriet View Post
                          How so?
                          I was trolling. Most really intelligent and dedicated people I know are introverts. Tim and I are the exceptions. In my department of 11 professors, I'm the one who gets to do all the extroverted stuff. I almost think I got the job because I'm outgoing and personable and love to do stuff with/for other people. They all want to read to/with their cats and sip wine....alone.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I was trolling. Most really intelligent and dedicated people I know are introverts. Tim and I are the exceptions. In my department of 11 professors, I'm the one who gets to do all the extroverted stuff. I almost think I got the job because I'm outgoing and personable and love to do stuff with/for other people. They all want to read to/with their cats and sip wine....alone.
                            Ha, my mistake. I hate it when I don't pick up on trolling.

Also, they read TO their cats? How much wine does it take for that to seem normal?

Comment

Crap. It did seem like an odd statement coming from the usually open-minded Wuap.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                                Crap. It did seem like an odd statement coming from the usually open-minded Wuap.
                                Yeah, it took me about two seconds to recognize that this was a masterful bit of trolling from Wuap. He was trying to goad introverts into responding to his obviously ludicrous claim and thereby get them to break out of their selfish little cocoons. Well played, Wuap. Well played.
                                Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                                --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

Working...
                                X