Marathon Training Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    Yeah, I have to go calibrate mine at a track. It's relatively close but I think it shorts my miles a bit.
    I must have a freakishly average stride. Mine is always really close without calibrating. That's probably why I keep using it. That and I'm too cheap to buy a Garmin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chicken View Post
      I must have a freakishly average stride. Mine is always really close without calibrating. That's probably why I keep using it. That and I'm too cheap to buy a Garmin.
      Same here. I've tried calibrating several times but find that it is always within a few feet of a mile each time with the factory default setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chicken View Post
        http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/v1...ormat=MM/DD/YY

I've been using it since the beginning. My user ID is 37.
        Damn, 5K miles?
        "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

Surprisingly, I actually found my Nike+ stuff tonight. I don't remember my login, which kind of sucks since I have at least 1000 miles on there. I started a new account, BlacknGold, if anyone starts any challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
            Surprisingly, I actually found my Nike+ stuff tonight. I don't remember my login, which kind of sucks since I have at least 1000 miles on there. I started a new account, BlacknGold, if anyone starts any challenges.
            I think I'm going to start one for most miles over the next 30 days or something similar.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I just went for my first run of the training program, 3.18 miles in 35:06, but my nike+ has been acting weird lately. I ran an even pace the whole way and at the end, I paused the workout as I was slowing down, but the graph shows a huge drop for the final .18 miles, have any of you nike+ runners had this happen?
              http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l...nID,1343885852
              "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

I use the Garmin 305 and love it. It's great for biking and hiking too, so I can cross train with it. It's worth the money.
                sigpic
                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Same here. I ran 3 miles as well. Time: 29:50, Pace:9:57, Average Heart Rate: 162.

I'm not going for speed this time around. In the past I've tried to push it and always ended up injured. This time, my goal is to get to the starting line healthy. I'll be training to hit the 4-hour mark, as that seems to be my conditioning level at the moment.
                  sigpic
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    I use the Garmin 305 and love it. It's great for biking and hiking too, so I can cross train with it. It's worth the money.
                    I've been holding off on spending the extra cash for a Garmin, but I think I am going to end up getting one. It can be my Fathers Day present Now I'll just have to keep an eye out for good deals.

Comment

Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
                      I've been holding off on spending the extra cash for a Garmin, but I think I am going to end up getting one. It can be my Fathers Day present Now I'll just have to keep an eye out for good deals.
                      I've seen Forerunner 201 units for 120 bucks. 205's for 150. They've gotten really affordable.

Comment

I left too late for my run this morning, it was already in the high 60's. Too hot too run. There was a pretty good wind out of the south as well.

I did manage to go 5.16 miles, 8:26/mile pace. Most of the leg soreness from my weekend mountain adventure is gone. I definetely need to start getting out of bed earlier, it's getting hot.

Comment

Okay, I just created a challenge. Most miles over 30 days, starting tomorrow. I think I invited everybody, but I may have missed people. If you can't find the invite on nike+, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send out an invite.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
                            I just went for my first run of the training program, 3.18 miles in 35:06, but my nike+ has been acting weird lately. I ran an even pace the whole way and at the end, I paused the workout as I was slowing down, but the graph shows a huge drop for the final .18 miles, have any of you nike+ runners had this happen?
                            http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l...nID,1343885852
                            Sometimes I see a drop in random places on a run. I think the sensor just loses it's signal for a while. The Nike+ definitely isn't perfect, but for the price, it's good enough for me.

Comment

After putting in a fair amount of miles on the bike this spring, I am back into my running program. I did 4 miles last night and wanted to keep things very low key, so I put on Dark Side of the Moon on the ipod. I defy anyone to do anything but long, slow miles with a Pink Floyd album in their ear.

Felt great. I felt well enough to probably do double that with no problem, but thought it wouldn't be wise, as I'm just back into the mileage-building phase.

Comment

Did 3 today at noon. 94 degrees. Headwind. You get the picture.

I'm amazed at the effect that heat has on my heart rate. Average heart rate was 5 bpms higher and my pace was about 5 seconds slower.
                                sigpic
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X