Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,441 to 1,446 of 1446

Thread: Marathon Training Thread

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    yeah those are freaking expensive. 100-120 is the most I am willing to pay. Of course I wear a brooks ghost so can usually get them at the end of the season for 1/2 price. When I find them for under $60 I will buy at least 2-3 pair.
    Brooks Ghost is what I use too.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Brooks Ghost is what I use too.
    great neutral shoe, good cushioning, nice wide toe box and a narrow heel.

I have tried the Brooks Launch as well, for a little lighter weight shoe, but the Ghost better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    yeah those are freaking expensive. 100-120 is the most I am willing to pay. Of course I wear a brooks ghost so can usually get them at the end of the season for 1/2 price. When I find them for under $60 I will buy at least 2-3 pair.
    Yeah that is usually my range too. To be fair the guy gave me three choices including the ultra boost, and the other two were around 100. I really did like the feel of the ultra boost most.

I had a rest day before my long run tomorrow so or course I decided to go snowboarding for the first time in 7 years. My toes on my left foot were hurting quite a bit so I'm thinking something more is going on besides the shoes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Did 15 on Saturday. Finished it in 2:35 with few issues. My toes acted up briefly at about mile 7 but the stretches I'm doing seem to be working a little. I also found that if it gets bad during a long run I can stop and stretch my toes hard for about 30 seconds and then I'm good to go for several miles. In the race I may just end up doing that every 5 miles as a precautionary measure.

Near the end of the run I actually had the thought "I think I can run a marathon" for the first time ever. So that was pleasant. 15 was another record distance for me. I'm about 8 weeks out and the only runs longer than 15 I have left are one each of 16, 18, and 20.

Last edited by Omaha 680; Yesterday at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Did 15 on Saturday. Finished it in 2:35 with few issues. My toes acted up briefly at about mile 7 but the stretches I'm doing seem to be working a little. I also found that if it gets bad during a long run I can stop and stretch my toes hard for about 30 seconds and then I'm good to go for several miles. In the race I may just end up doing that every 5 miles as a precautionary measure.

Near the end of the run I actually had the thought "I think I can run a marathon" for the first time ever. So that was pleasant. 15 was another record distance for me. I'm about 8 weeks out and the only runs longer than 15 I have left are one each of 16, 18, and 20.

In about the same amount of time, I walked a little over a mile yesterday. So there's that.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I threw down nine miles on Saturday in your honor, Omaha. Keep up the good work!
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky