Radiohead starts recording LP8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Back-tracking on this comment. Love the new True Love Waits. Yes, its a different song, but its an excellent song.

Also, its times like these that I'm really bummed that MG and DDD aren't here anymore. This Radiohead album is excellent and keeps getting better and better.
    Totally agree, although I loved TLW from the start. There are a couple weaker songs (or weaker parts of songs...I hate the ending of Daydreaming), but the album is very strong. If I were to rank the Radiohead albums, I'd put them in this order:

1. OK Computer
    2. Kid A (the National Anthem is by far my favorite song)
    3. In rainbows
    4. A Moon Shaped Pool
    5. Hail to the Thief
    6. The Bends
    7. Amnesiac
    8. The King of Limbs
    9. Pablo Honey
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Comment

• "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• OMG Radiohead is so laid back. Imagine if this had happened to Metallica:

So somebody somehow stole a whole bunch of DAT tapes of the OK Computer sessions- like 18 hours worth. Not straight up songs, but typically bands will record everything from a session since the studio time is so valuable and ideas often get tossed out during the session only to be forgotten. Anyway-- the hacker was holding the recordings ransom for 180,000 pounds or something like that.

So Radiohead put the whole thing up on their band camp and are selling it for 18 pounds, saying, 'you be the judge of whether we should have paid the ransom or not.'

https://radiohead.bandcamp.com
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Since this is the de facto Radiohead thread I'll post this here. The Dissect podcast is doing a season on In Rainbows with one episode dedicated to each song on the album. I hadn't heard of Dissect until a family member sent this to me since he knows I'm a huge Radiohead fan. I had some concerns this would be just some high-level boring rehash of boring takes on In Rainbows but so far the podcast has been more than great. The guy leading it has some serious music theory chops and the research is top notch. I highly recommend to anyone that likes Radiohead. The episode for Nude was released today and I have to say I don't think I could love that song more but now I do. It's clearly a top 5 Radiohead song and the episode gives some really good insight into why it's so good.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1143845868
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Since this is the de facto Radiohead thread I'll post this here. The Dissect podcast is doing a season on In Rainbows with one episode dedicated to each song on the album. I hadn't heard of Dissect until a family member sent this to me since he knows I'm a huge Radiohead fan. I had some concerns this would be just some high-level boring rehash of boring takes on In Rainbows but so far the podcast has been more than great. The guy leading it has some serious music theory chops and the research is top notch. I highly recommend to anyone that likes Radiohead. The episode for Nude was released today and I have to say I don't think I could love that song more but now I do. It's clearly a top 5 Radiohead song and the episode gives some really good insight into why it's so good.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1143845868
              Dissect is a great podcast. I've listened to several seasons of it. I'm not sure if I will listen to this one or not. I did listen to the first episode of this season. I'm just not quite sure if I care enough about In Rainbows (which I do really like) to listen to the whole season. The seasons on To Pimp a Butterfly, DAMN, Blonde, Yeezus, and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are all great. Both the Last Song Standing seasons are fun.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8kTvbX9/

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  Would I sit for a listen to a whole album of this stuff? Absolutely.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                  X