• Show
Clear All

Depart: ORD
    Arrival: LAX
    Plane: 737
    Device: HP Laptop
    Provider: Gogo
    Snack: Chocolate Covered Waffle and Diet Coke
    Entertainment: People Like Us. I had never heard of this movie before but it was ok and helped pass the time.

Comment

Departure: Portland
      Arrival: Chicago
      Airline: Alaska Airlines, flight 686
      Plane: 737
      wifi: gogo
      Device: iPad with cordless Logitech keyboard (thanks JL!)
      Food: Will probably buy the reuben sandwich. Beverage: TBD. (thanks pathology organization!)
      Entertainment: Alaska Airlines magazine, tempting me to return with Hawaii. Portable entertainment devices are being offered. Stewardess just announced that The Dark Knight Rises is available to watch. I'll pass.

Crying kid is in front of me, but she seems to be peetering out. I have the middle chair free to stretch out. Should be an OK 3.5 hour flight.
      Last edited by Northwestcoug; 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Depart: Omaha
        Arrival: Denver
        Plane: Embraer 190
        Snack: None
        Entertainment: Work/CUF

Comment

Depart: LAX
          Arrival: Dulles
          Plane: A320
          Device: Dell Laptop, iPad (in case I don't like in-flight movies)
          Snack: Haven't decided yet
          Entertainment: Virgin America's multiple in-flight video and audio offerings; Terryl Givens' new book, The God Who Weeps: How Mormons Make Sense of Life; Twitter; napping (7:00 a.m. flight after less than 4 hours of sleep)
          Last edited by LA Ute; 12-09-2012, 07:44 AM.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Virgin America terminal, LAX, 6:00 a.m. Sunday:

I'd feel better if more people were here.

Details: Same as my last post just above/below this one, except I don't know what I will read or watch.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

That's a little unnerving, LAU. Have a safe flight!
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                That's a little unnerving, LAU. Have a safe flight!
                Hey, I have an exit row aisle seat, no one in the middle seat. Life is good.
                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

I know this is about wifi, but just had one of my fastest Manila airport experiences. 45 minutes to get to the airport, go through two separate rounds of security, check in, and go through immigration. Lots of times each one of those steps can take 45 minutes alone. In six hours I will be waving to MBN, as I fly over his home.

Can't wait to be done traveling this year. One more short trip to Miami next week and then nothing else until Jan.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Speaking of inflight wifi . . .

http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/09/tech...nes/index.html
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      Can't wait to be done traveling this year. One more short trip to Miami next week and then nothing else until Jan.
                      It does get old, doesn't it?
                      ― W.H. Auden

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        It does get old, doesn't it?
                        I just finished my last trip for the year. I ended up with 175k MQM in 8 months this year. Next year will be worse. Looking forward to the few weeks at home.
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I just finished my last trip for the year. I ended up with 175k MQM in 8 months this year. Next year will be worse. Looking forward to the few weeks at home.
                          175k? Yikes. You really earned your holiday break. Back to the real world for me tonight. OMA to DEN. My time commuting to Denver is almost done. I'm looking forward to actually being at home during the week. Although I can't complain about how the one hour flight commute has been. That's better than a lot of people's daily drive.

Comment

WOw. I dont know how you road warriors do it. Due to work I have spent about half my time (and some months more) on the road the last year or so. That is very unusual for me and I have come to really dislike it. You guys that do it all the time amaze me.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Depart: Denver
                              Arrival: Omaha
                              Plane: Embraer 190
                              Snack: Water
                              Entertainment: None

The storm from Utah hit about an hour before I left for the airport. For a while I was wondering if I would make it out today. I hate Denver in the snow.

Comment

• Overnight layover in Vegas tonight. Stuck in Detroit now. Vegas the lesser evil

Comment

Working...
                                X