In-flight wi-fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-flight wi-fi

If you are ever posting online using in-flight wi-fi connectivity, please stop by this thread and say hello. Also, please tell us the following about your flight:

departure city
    arrival city
    type of airplane (conveniently located in the emergency procedures pamphlet) wi-fi provider
    Wireless Device
    Meal and snack
    Movie (if applicable)

You may check in with us more than once if your flight contains multiple segments.

My info:

Depart: Washington DC
    Arrive: Salt Lake City
    Airplane: Airbus 320
    Provider: GoGo in-flight wi-fi.
    Device: iPad
    Meal: smoked turkey sandwich and cheese plate.
    Snack: bottled water and Biscoff cinnamon cookies. These cookies are delish.
    Movie: Crazy, Stupid, Love

I am sitting next to a very fidgety but kind older woman that is blowing her nose quite frequently. To give you an idea of her age, she opened her purse and took out what appeared to be those Brachs butterscotch candies that you can only buy at random grocery stores. Also, she offered me one, referring to it as a piece of "sucking candy." generally, I think I would be in favor of women approaching me offering me "sucking candy" but this time I politely passed. Her husband across the aisle took off his shoes and when I sat down in my seat I noticed some long strands of hair on the seat in front of me so basically I'm trying really hard not to throw up right now.
    Last edited by TripletDaddy; 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Depart: NYC, JFK
    Arrive: SFO
    Airplane model: Dunno
    Airline: United
    Provider: GoGo in-flight wi-fi (is there any other kind?
    Device: Company-owned Sony Vaio laptop
    Meal: Grilled Mahi-Mahi in mushroom and sherry wine sauce sweet potato pie and sauteed spinach w/ garlic
    Snack: Later there will be a white chocolate chip cookies w/ cranberries (?) - not sure when United P.S. stopped doing the traditional chocolate chip cookie but the chocolate chip cookie is one thing in this world that doesn't need to be updated, modified or otherwise effed with
    Movie: None, as yet - but I have the media player thing so there are like 200 options

I am sitting next to a friendly African American woman who just nearly dropped a bucket of David's Cookies on my head out of the overhead.

Total flight time is expected to be 5 hours and 20 minutes.

Yes - I did pay $70 via a buddy pass for this First Class access.

1D, bitches.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
      Depart: NYC, JFK
      Arrive: SFO
      Airplane model: Dunno
      Airline: United
      Provider: GoGo in-flight wi-fi (is there any other kind?
      Device: Company-owned Sony Vaio laptop
      Meal: Grilled Mahi-Mahi in mushroom and sherry wine sauce sweet potato pie and sauteed spinach w/ garlic
      Snack: Later there will be a white chocolate chip cookies w/ cranberries (?) - not sure when United P.S. stopped doing the traditional chocolate chip cookie but the chocolate chip cookie is one thing in this world that doesn't need to be updated, modified or otherwise effed with
      Movie: None, as yet - but I have the media player thing so there are like 200 options

I am sitting next to a friendly African American woman who just nearly dropped a bucket of David's Cookies on my head out of the overhead.

Total flight time is expected to be 5 hours and 20 minutes.

Yes - I did pay $70 via a buddy pass for this First Class access.

1D, bitches.

I need to know the airplane model. Just lean forward in your huge, cushy first class seat, grab the aircraft safety card and then let us know the model of the plane on which you are currently lounging.

You have 5 minutes to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        I need to know the airplane model. Just lean forward in your huge, cushy first class seat, grab the aircraft safety card and then let us know the model of the plane on which you are currently lounging.

You have 5 minutes to respond.
        Time is up! You lose!

Comment

Time is up! You lose!
          I'm too busy enjoying my grilled fish to be bothered w/ your demands and declarations.

That said - the lovely lady who keeps bringing everyone but me sinful beverages did just inform me that it's a 757 200. For whatever that's worth.

Winning.
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

I'm too busy enjoying my grilled fish to be bothered w/ your demands and declarations.

That said - the lovely lady who keeps bringing everyone but me sinful beverages did just inform me that it's a 757 200. For whatever that's worth.

Winning.
            Sheesh... you couldn't even get on a widebody for a transcontinental flight? Enjoy your grilled fish on that tiny bird!

Comment

Sheesh... you couldn't even get on a widebody for a transcontinental flight? Enjoy your grilled fish on that tiny bird!
              My seat is all the widebody I need.

I'm just glad they keep middle class people like you in the back so I can enjoy my fine food and fine cookies in peace w/o inane banter about the type of plane we're flying in.
              Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Winning.
                judge not . . .
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  If you are ever posting online using in-flight wi-fi connectivity, please stop by this thread and say hello. Also, please tell us the following about your flight:

departure city
                  arrival city
                  type of airplane (conveniently located in the emergency procedures pamphlet) wi-fi provider
                  Wireless Device
                  Meal and snack
                  Movie (if applicable)

You may check in with us more than once if your flight contains multiple segments.

My info:

Depart: Washington DC
                  Arrive: Salt Lake City
                  Airplane: Airbus 320
                  Provider: GoGo in-flight wi-fi.
                  Device: iPad
                  Meal: smoked turkey sandwich and cheese plate.
                  Snack: bottled water and Biscoff cinnamon cookies. These cookies are delish.
                  Movie: Crazy, Stupid, Love

I am sitting next to a very fidgety but kind older woman that is blowing her nose quite frequently. To give you an idea of her age, she opened her purse and took out what appeared to be those Brachs butterscotch candies that you can only buy at random grocery stores. Also, she offered me one, referring to it as a piece of "sucking candy." generally, I think I would be in favor of women approaching me offering me "sucking candy" but this time I politely passed. Her husband across the aisle took off his shoes and when I sat down in my seat I noticed some long strands of hair on the seat in front of me so basically I'm trying really hard not to throw up right now.
                  thanks for telling us you were coming. BWI or Dulles?
                  Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                    thanks for telling us you were coming. BWI or Dulles?
                    Does Triple not fly to National Reagan?
                    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Does Triple not fly to National Reagan?
                      ah, yes. the airport everyone forgets about.
                      Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                        ah, yes. the airport everyone forgets about.
                        I forget about it unless I don't want a direct flight from L.A. There's only one direct flight from LAX to Reagan National, daily at 8:30 a.m. on Alaska Airlines.

I take Virgin America from L.A. to D.C. or N.Y., every time. It's a very pleasant way to fly. There's always in-flight wi-fi and a pleasant atmosphere, decent food options, lots of movies and TV. For $30 more you can get a Main Cabin Select seat, which gives plenty of extra legroom. The bulkhead seat also means plenty of laptop room. I love in-flight wi-fi.

I have been boycotting United for several years (surliest employees of any airline) but lately had a fairly decent experience. I took the redeye from San Diego to Dulles and it was not a horrible experience (I also had a first class seat, which helped). Still, United has inflight wi-fi on only a few of its planes (why am I not surprised?) and their planes are ooooold.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

A friendly reminder....this thread is for people posting while using in flight wi-fi. It is not for people to share with us banalities about their previous flights. A bit of terrestrial-based repartee back and forth with the person that is in flight is acceptable, but I'm not interested in your war stories about previous flights you have taken than may or may not have offered in flight wi-fi.

Be advised.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            A friendly reminder....this thread is for people posting while using in flight wi-fi. It is not for people to share with us banalities about their previous flights. A bit of terrestrial-based repartee back and forth with the person that is in flight is acceptable, but I'm not interested in your war stories about previous flights you have taken than may or may not have offered in flight wi-fi.

Be advised.
                            Mods: Could we get an ip check on this posting?
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I know Delta has in-flight wi-fi, and even Southwest is adding it to more and more flights. A partner of mine told me American has some now. Only Virgin has it on every flight, as far as I know.

EDIT: I won't be using in-flight wi-fi until next month, but my posts made during that flight will incorporate this one by reference. In the meantime, this is only a provisional post. I think that will bring me within the rules of this thread.
                              Last edited by LA Ute; 12-18-2011, 10:05 PM.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                              X