Dress Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Dude, body suits went out when Rachael Ray stopped wearing them a couple years ago. Or they went out in 1996. I can't remember.
    That's the exact same thing I thought of, only I couldn't remember what they were called.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

The issue I have with dress shirts is that the sleeves aren't the right length in a lot of cases. Manufacturers often give themselves a range of sleeve length and hope you don't notice. For instance, a shirt will have a 32/33 length sleeve or a 34/35 sleeve. For me, the former is too short and the latter is too long. But if I get a 34" sleeve, it's just right. Years ago, I'd get Windsor shirts, but they went to the lazy model. Then I got shirts from JCPenney, but they've gone to the lazy model, too. Nordstrom is still selling shirts with exact length, so I got one a couple of months ago, and am quite happy with it. If they're on sale right now, I need to go in and get a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
        The issue I have with dress shirts is that the sleeves aren't the right length in a lot of cases. Manufacturers often give themselves a range of sleeve length and hope you don't notice. For instance, a shirt will have a 32/33 length sleeve or a 34/35 sleeve. For me, the former is too short and the latter is too long. But if I get a 34" sleeve, it's just right. Years ago, I'd get Windsor shirts, but they went to the lazy model. Then I got shirts from JCPenney, but they've gone to the lazy model, too. Nordstrom is still selling shirts with exact length, so I got one a couple of months ago, and am quite happy with it. If they're on sale right now, I need to go in and get a couple more.
        Yep. I forgot to mention that. I'm not a 34/35 and I'm not a 36/37. I'm a 36. That's one thing you won't get at Kohls or Costco.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

When Kohls first opened up, it seemed kind of nice. We had one nearby, and we did a lot of shopping there. Then we moved, and I didn't visit one for about ten years. When I finally had a reason to go back, the place had a total Ross Dress for Less / Deseret Industries vibe.

Comment

Express.

Great colors, nice quality, no pockets, nice fit and nice price.

You can usually find them buy one get one.

Costco?

Pass, they have buttons on the collar.

Comment

I really like the Perry Ellis shirts I've found at Dillards or at their outlet in Vegas. The come in a few different fits depending on body type and seem to fight off wrinkles pretty well. You can also get tall guy lengths.

I also like the Nordstrom shirts everyone's been raving about. I've had a couple of Kirkland shirts MG likes that wore well and fit pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                Express.

Great colors, nice quality, no pockets, nice fit and nice price.

You can usually find them buy one get one.

Costco?

Pass, they have buttons on the collar.
                Looks like Express also carries button-down collared shirts.

http://www.express.com/1mx-fitted-bu...ow/3/index.pro
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

The sizing on those shirts is enough to scare me away. I hate that kind of sizing for dress shirts.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Of course they do.

They are a clothing store they have all sorts of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                      Of course they do.

They are a clothing store they have all sorts of shit.
                      Ok. Costco also sells non-button downs, as well as TVs, paper towels and other things.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ok. Costco also sells non-button downs, as well as TVs, paper towels and other things.
                        You are so cool.

Comment

You definitely don't want to go with a button down collar. Button down collars are for guys stuck in the 80's or ultra-fashionable guys who know exactly what they're doing with their fashion and probably wear fedoras or something.

For what you said you're looking for, Banana Republic is a great place. I would recommend going to a Banana Republic outlet store. I have an outlet 10 miles from where I live. Yesterday I got a really nice pair of dress pants and nice Merino wool sweater for $70. I've bought several shirts there, too. Usually the shirts are listed for around $60, but with the standard outlet discount you get them for about half that. And most of their new shirts are non-iron but still soft and comfortable.

Comment

This is a great thread.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              This is a great thread.
                              Thanks, DDD. I'm always happy to start threads that will help you to make better fashion choices.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                                Thanks, DDD. I'm always happy to start threads that will help you to make better fashion choices.
                                Reading some of these responses, I am definitely reminded to make better choices!
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X