Dress Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

And yes, RF, you can definitely get two wears per launder out of a shirt. In the winter when I'm less likely to sweat profusely, I get three wears out of some.

RF wanting to use twice between cleanings shocked me. Three times blows my mind.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Kirkland brand from Costco. I started buying these instead of Nordstrom. Mostly because they're cheaper and I really don't give a shit anymore.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Dude, you live in the land of plenty. You should be hitting up "Last Chance" on a regular basis. Nordstrom shirts for $10. I already posted about this somewhere else, but I even picked up a Thomas Pink (brand new, still with the tags) for $10. That's a $200 shirt.
        Yes, Commando, don't even post again until you've rectified this error. Also, you should be set for quality dress shoes for the rest of your life.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post

RF wanting to use twice between cleanings shocked me. Three times blows my mind.
          If I'm not buttoning up the collar, the neck doesn't get nearly as dirty. Simple as that. If I don't spill on it, there usually isn't any indication that it's not a first wear. By the third wear it may be a little wrinkled,depending on the type of cotton, so it'll probably be under a sweater or maybe a jacket.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Kirkland brand from Costco. I started buying these instead of Nordstrom. Mostly because they're cheaper and I really don't give a shit anymore.

Comment

Not to get this off track, but I was checking nordstrom.com and saw this shirt on sale: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dolcegab...esultback=7411

I think that is the most expensive tshirt i've ever seen, and it's on sale! I paid $40 for a t-shirt once and thought I was being pretty foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                Just trying to save you some money. I have a bunch of expensive shirts that are a total pain in the ass and I've pretty much stopped using them completely in favor those Kirkland shirts. Probably just because I'm lazy.

Comment

Just trying to save you some money. I have a bunch of expensive shirts that are a total pain in the ass and I've pretty much stopped using them completely in favor those Kirkland shirts. Probably just because I'm lazy.
                  Also, I have several of those Nordstrom wrinke-free shirts, and if there's an appreciable difference between those and the version at Costco, I couldn't tell you what it is. Remove the labels and I swear they're pretty much the same shirt.

Costco rules!

Comment

Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                    Not to get this off track, but I was checking nordstrom.com and saw this shirt on sale: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dolcegab...esultback=7411

I think that is the most expensive tshirt i've ever seen, and it's on sale! I paid $40 for a t-shirt once and thought I was being pretty foolish.
                    Knowing you it was probably Affliction or Ed Hardy.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Also, I have several of those Nordstrom wrinke-free shirts, and if there's an appreciable difference between those and the version at Costco, I couldn't tell you what it is. Remove the labels and I swear they're pretty much the same shirt.

Costco rules!
                      They are a lot longer through the body, for one thing. For someone like me who has an abnormally long torso, that's a big deal. May not matter to RF, though.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

They are a lot longer through the body, for one thing. For someone like me who has an abnormally long torso, that's a big deal. May not matter to RF, though.
                        If I can use the extra length to safety pin the front of the shirt to the back, between my legs, so it doesn't come untucked, that would be perfect. Also, now that I am regularly wearing shirts that require tucking, I'm starting to use the front opening of my boxers to avoid a full untuck, with all of the adjusting that goes on with that. When you drink as much coffee as I do, this matters.

Comment

Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                          I really like the Nordstrom brand shirts, especially their trim or slim fit style. I don't know your body proportions, but I hate when a shirt fits nicely around the shoulders but incredibly baggy around the waist.

With the men's half yearly sale coming up soon, you should be able to get them at a good price.
                          Nordstrom's Rack is awesome for shirts. All of the brands carried at Nordstroms for less than half the price.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                            If I can use the extra length to safety pin the front of the shirt to the back, between my legs, so it doesn't come untucked, that would be perfect.
                            Dude, body suits went out when Rachael Ray stopped wearing them a couple years ago. Or they went out in 1996. I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Knowing you it was probably Affliction or Ed Hardy.
                              oh no, he's THAT guy?!
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                oh no, he's THAT guy?!
                                My board/xbox/ps3 persona is that guy. In real life, it was Lacoste, so I guess I'm that other guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X