No announcement yet.

Dress Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black shoes and brown belt, Moli? SAD.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Black shoes and brown belt, Moli? SAD.
      Never. I’d die first!!
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• i maintain that brooks bros slim is the best otr dress shirt
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          i maintain that brooks bros slim is the best otr dress shirt
          Let us know when they go on sale for $30/shirt.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Let us know when they go on sale for $30/shirt.
            they have 4/$200 now. extra $20 a shirt is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              they have 4/$200 now. extra $20 a shirt is worth it.
              I looked at them. Too boring.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I looked at them. Too boring.
                well they’re dress shirts so

Comment

• Which white CT shirts do you find the most comfortable to wear? Yes I wear white shirts on Sunday.

Comment

• Love my CT shirts. Thanks for the rec a few years back, DH.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Can your fancy shirts do this?!

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I have no ideas what you fancy pants are talking about.

My wife bought my church shirt somewhere and I get my work shirts at Walmart.

And spend the extra money on things that are actually fun.

YOLO.
                        I intend to live forever.
                        So far, so good.
                        --Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          I have no ideas what you fancy pants are talking about.

My wife bought my church shirt somewhere and I get my work shirts at Walmart.

And spend the extra money on things that are actually fun.

YOLO.
                          Like a barn. Those generally signify fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I got four more CT shirts for $88 (with free shipping) on Friday. It looks like they ended that specific sale -- the $29 sale shirts are now on sale for $35 and they're kind of hidden away. I'm not sure why it was discounted even beyond the 20% in the offer code. New inventory of the $29 shirts kept on trickling in.

I've had Brooks Brothers shirts in the past that were great, I literally wore them out. It will be interesting to see if they're worth more than twice as much as the CTs. They're certainly better quality than Van Heusen garbage and Costco -- damning with faint praise, I know. I think they're also better than some Barneys shirts I bought a decade ago. After some washes/dry cleaning and presses we'll see if they can hold up as well as BB.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• The four new CT shirts I got were a mixed bag. Two I loved (oxford and herringbone twill), the other two I hated. One was tailored to ensure that you look as much as possible like Cousin Eddie wearing his Christmas sweater and turtleneck dickie even if you don't have Cousin Eddie's body-- that's right, super skinny sleeves and shoulders and not enough narrowing of the shirt down at the ribs and waist. It's a white shirt that is called a "square" weave, in reality it looks like a textured polyester shirt from the 70s. The other shirt was made of some really crappy poplin fabric I didn't care for. My sample of eight CT shirts indicates the oxford and twill shirts are really nice and that you should avoid everything else.

The two TM Lewin shirts I got, I loved -- the slim TM Lewins are the best. They don't slap on skinny sleeves and they narrow it down at the waist more than CT, yet they have plenty of room in the shoulders and arms. I'm not sure if the fabric quality is quite up to the best CT shirts I bought and it doesn't seem like the collars are as stout, but the fit is definitely better.

I have six CT shirts, and I'm stopping there. I'll probably buy a couple more TM Lewin shirts -- proper fit is paramount. But next time I'm in the area of the Vegas Brooks Brothers outlet (or Park City), I'll probably be picking up a couple shirts.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                The four new CT shirts I got were a mixed bag. Two I loved (oxford and herringbone twill), the other two I hated. One was tailored to ensure that you look as much as possible like Cousin Eddie wearing his Christmas sweater and turtleneck dickie even if you don't have Cousin Eddie's body-- that's right, super skinny sleeves and shoulders and not enough narrowing of the shirt down at the ribs and waist. It's a white shirt that is called a "square" weave, in reality it looks like a textured polyester shirt from the 70s. The other shirt was made of some really crappy poplin fabric I didn't care for. My sample of eight CT shirts indicates the oxford and twill shirts are really nice and that you should avoid everything else.

The two TM Lewin shirts I got, I loved -- the slim TM Lewins are the best. They don't slap on skinny sleeves and they narrow it down at the waist more than CT, yet they have plenty of room in the shoulders and arms. I'm not sure if the fabric quality is quite up to the best CT shirts I bought and it doesn't seem like the collars are as stout, but the fit is definitely better.

I have six CT shirts, and I'm stopping there. I'll probably buy a couple more TM Lewin shirts -- proper fit is paramount. But next time I'm in the area of the Vegas Brooks Brothers outlet (or Park City), I'll probably be picking up a couple shirts.

I just bought another 5 shirts myself, although I won't be keeping them all. Experimenting with some sizing.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X