• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    sumbitch

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        TOSU comes in ranked #2 in the pre-season polls. Can Urban keep this team focused? Can the Buckeyes FINALLY get a win over the SEC? I hope so.. The schedule is favorable.
        The two teams OSU will most likely face in the CCG also have favorable schedules: Nebraska and Michigan. Here's a quick reference of the three schedules with the games that matter most:

Michigan
        9/7: #14 Notre Dame
        10/12: @ Penn St.
        11/2: @Michigan St.
        11/9: #18 Nebraska
        11/16: @#22 Northwestern
        11/23: Iowa
        11/30: #2 Ohio St.

Nebraska
        9/14: #21 UCLA
        11/2: #22 Northwestern
        11/9: @#17 Michigan
        11/16: Michigan St.
        11/23: @ Penn St.
        11/29: Iowa

Ohio St.
        9/14: @Cal
        9/28: #23 Wisconsin
        10/5: @#22 Northwestern
        10/19: Iowa
        10/26: Penn St.
        11/30: @#17 Michigan

Michigan has both Nebraska and Ohio St. at home which should help the Wolverines. Ohio St. may have to defeat Michigan back-to-back which is never easy even against mediocre teams. Nebraska will have time to get rolling and fix its defense as the Cornhuskers play their first 5 games at home before playing Purdue and Minnesota on the road. Not sure how well Nebraska, Michigan, and Ohio St. would fare against an SEC power. I'm not optimistic this early but upsets happen all the time in college football.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

While you make a fine point in that the Buckeyes are the shinning beacon in the Big 10 conference ( ), the 2 national title games were major blow-outs. That hurt their legitimacy of how good they are and it doesn't help when the other members of the conference blow their bowl games. If the Big 10 wants to change this, it will be in their OCG's and who they schedule and the Bowl games...

It will take time to turn the tide... However, I can only hope the Buckeyes pave their own path to redemption...
          They just aren't that good. I mean, Minnesota went bowling last year. Look who those guys beat. It was a who's who of college football dregs besides Syracuse. And they just added two more mediocre to bad programs in Rutgers and Maryland. The conference is like Walmart. They've got the infrastructure and they seem to be beating everyone at the game of making money, but it's really not that good of a product they provide except on a few items (Ohio State, Michigan).
          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Michigan's probably at least a year away. There is a ton of talent now, but they're mostly freshmen. Look for Michigan to have national championship talent in 2015-2017. I don't know if they'll actually be elite because of their offensive coordinator, but I'm hoping that this year demonstrates that he knows what he's doing. Michigan could end up having a good season this year but it'll come through winning a few coin flips against mediocre teams. The offensive line still looks shaky and there are still too many walk-ons in serious competition for spots. Meanwhile, OSU cakewalked through a candy-ass schedule last year when it didn't matter. No way they're #2, but they could end up like ND last year, barely beating mediocre teams and ending up with a good record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
              The two teams OSU will most likely face in the CCG also have favorable schedules: Nebraska and Michigan. Here's a quick reference of the three schedules with the games that matter most:

Michigan
              9/7: #14 Notre Dame
              10/12: @ Penn St.
              11/2: @Michigan St.
              11/9: #18 Nebraska
              11/16: @#22 Northwestern
              11/23: Iowa
              11/30: #2 Ohio St.

Nebraska
              9/14: #21 UCLA
              11/2: #22 Northwestern
              11/9: @#17 Michigan
              11/16: Michigan St.
              11/23: @ Penn St.
              11/29: Iowa

Ohio St.
              9/14: @Cal
              9/28: #23 Wisconsin
              10/5: @#22 Northwestern
              10/19: Iowa
              10/26: Penn St.
              11/30: @#17 Michigan

Michigan has both Nebraska and Ohio St. at home which should help the Wolverines. Ohio St. may have to defeat Michigan back-to-back which is never easy even against mediocre teams. Nebraska will have time to get rolling and fix its defense as the Cornhuskers play their first 5 games at home before playing Purdue and Minnesota on the road. Not sure how well Nebraska, Michigan, and Ohio St. would fare against an SEC power. I'm not optimistic this early but upsets happen all the time in college football.
              We do not face Nebraska this year. Too bad. I actually think TOSU's schedule could be a tough one. You have Wis., Iowa, PSU, and UM. However, UM is at their place. If TOSU does have a loss, I think it would be to UM as the final game before the CCG. However, TOSU still wins the division and plays in the CCG against UM and redeems the loss. But will it be enough to put them back in the #2 spot?? I don't hink so with the conference so low nationally. No way they remain in the #2 spot. So TOSU needs to go undefeated to have any shot at the title game. Or lose to a NW or Wis. off the bat and then beat everyone else to move back up in the #2 spot, but I still am not sure that would happen.. I'm a realist. Any Big 10 school needs to go undefeated to make it to the NT game..

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
              They just aren't that good. I mean, Minnesota went bowling last year. Look who those guys beat. It was a who's who of college football dregs besides Syracuse. And they just added two more mediocre to bad programs in Rutgers and Maryland. The conference is like Walmart. They've got the infrastructure and they seem to be beating everyone at the game of making money, but it's really not that good of a product they provide except on a few items (Ohio State, Michigan).
              I was not happy AT ALL with the additions of Maryland and Rutgers. Now my Rutger's buddy was doing cartwheels, but I stewed in my cubicle for a week when they made that announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by woot View Post
                Michigan's probably at least a year away. There is a ton of talent now, but they're mostly freshmen. Look for Michigan to have national championship talent in 2015-2017. I don't know if they'll actually be elite because of their offensive coordinator, but I'm hoping that this year demonstrates that he knows what he's doing. Michigan could end up having a good season this year but it'll come through winning a few coin flips against mediocre teams. The offensive line still looks shaky and there are still too many walk-ons in serious competition for spots. Meanwhile, OSU cakewalked through a candy-ass schedule last year when it didn't matter. No way they're #2, but they could end up like ND last year, barely beating mediocre teams and ending up with a good record.
                I tend to agree with this statement on UM. I see them competing starting next year but that does not mean they won't pull out a few wins this year. Anything is possible. Specially when TOSU and UM meet at the Big House.

Comment

We do not face Nebraska this year. Too bad. I actually think TOSU's schedule could be a tough one. You have Wis., Iowa, PSU, and UM. However, UM is at their place. If TOSU does have a loss, I think it would be to UM as the final game before the CCG. However, TOSU still wins the division and plays in the CCG against UM and redeems the loss. But will it be enough to put them back in the #2 spot?? I don't hink so with the conference so low nationally. No way they remain in the #2 spot. So TOSU needs to go undefeated to have any shot at the title game. Or lose to a NW or Wis. off the bat and then beat everyone else to move back up in the #2 spot, but I still am not sure that would happen.. I'm a realist. Any Big 10 school needs to go undefeated to make it to the NT game..
                  I agree that to make it to the BCS title game, a Big Ten team will have to go undefeated. But don't give up on the Buckeyes not playing Nebraska in 2013. That division will come down to 11/9 when Nebraska plays Michigan in the Big House. Nebraska beating Michigan, at least at this point, would be a huge upset; the Cornhuskers have yet to win @Michigan, @Ohio St., or @Wisconsin in Big Ten play. But Nebraska's schedule is very favorable as they have time on their side. Taylor Martinez is a senior and if they can put together a serviceable OL (lots of work there) the offense is in good shape as they have proven talent at the skill positions. However, the Blackshirts were a mess in 2012. My hope is that Bo Pelini pulls off another turnaround with the defense like he did in 2003 when he was DC at Nebraska. That's where their schedule will help them.

I expect Nebraska to be undefeated when they play Michigan. From there, Nebraska could either go into the CCG at 12-0 or be headed to some so-so bowl at 9-3. The 9-3 mark is more likely but 2013 is "the year" for Nebraska with a senior, 4-year starter at QB and with Wisconsin and Ohio St. off the schedule. In short, borrowing Woot's ND recipe of beating mediocre teams while finding a way past Michigan in the Big House and Ohio St. in the CCG. Although I hope Alabama is not waiting in the BCS CG like they were for Notre Dame last season.
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                    I agree that to make it to the BCS title game, a Big Ten team will have to go undefeated. But don't give up on the Buckeyes not playing Nebraska in 2013. That division will come down to 11/9 when Nebraska plays Michigan in the Big House. Nebraska beating Michigan, at least at this point, would be a huge upset; the Cornhuskers have yet to win @Michigan, @Ohio St., or @Wisconsin in Big Ten play. But Nebraska's schedule is very favorable as they have time on their side. Taylor Martinez is a senior and if they can put together a serviceable OL (lots of work there) the offense is in good shape as they have proven talent at the skill positions. However, the Blackshirts were a mess in 2012. My hope is that Bo Pelini pulls off another turnaround with the defense like he did in 2003 when he was DC at Nebraska. That's where their schedule will help them.

I expect Nebraska to be undefeated when they play Michigan. From there, Nebraska could either go into the CCG at 12-0 or be headed to some so-so bowl at 9-3. The 9-3 mark is more likely but 2013 is "the year" for Nebraska with a senior, 4-year starter at QB and with Wisconsin and Ohio St. off the schedule. In short, borrowing Woot's ND recipe of beating mediocre teams while finding a way past Michigan in the Big House and Ohio St. in the CCG. Although I hope Alabama is not waiting in the BCS CG like they were for Notre Dame last season.
                    I forgot Nebraska wasn't in our division. I think you are correct. It will come down between that game as well. The fact you have UM at home is helpful. However that game against Penn St. away will be a tough one. And I bet it will be a night game as well.

Here's hoping we get to meet again this year!!

Comment

• Nice article on the front page of NCAAF on ESPN about the QB's of the Big Ten.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...llege-football

Will Braxton have enough to put the team on 2 consecutive undefeated season?? If Urban gets that and wins the NT. He will be crowned a saint and could possibly be raised to Woody status in 2 short years.. Or will we have a delayed Sophomore slump for Braxton.. I have concerns with all the hype they are getting.. But Urban is a miracle worker so who knows..

8/31st can't come soon enough!!

Comment

• Where are they now? Video of Maurice Clarett and what he is up to.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/0...aurice-clarett

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Lol. I can see CB running with this, like when they didn't want the QB wearing a red practice jersey.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Did Urban make the NFL scouts pee on U of Michigan urinal cakes before they switched out the shirts?
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• LOL. What can I say.. His methods may seem unorthodox, but they get results..

Comment

Working...
                                X