Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1553

Thread: The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    alive and well. just type cougarboard.com into google, click the appropriate link and wallah!
    Meh, not worth it.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Meh, not worth it.
    but at least you know where he is now. you're welcome.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I don't have an understanding of Title IX and internal tOSU policies, and I don't want to downplay domestic violence, but if he were employed with my company, the fact that his first impulse was to lie about his knowledge might be a terminable issue. This would be especially true if he lied to the university during the course of an investigation. He may get some leeway since he was put on the spot during a media event that was unrelated to the domestic violence accusations, but it's rightfully a hot-button issue, and mitigating circumstances may not matter.
    As a HR Director and Title IX investigator at a college...you are pretty much spot on. Hiding anything with regards to a Title IX matter, let alone outright lying about it, is pretty damning. UB is as good as gone.

Default The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

Urban Meyer provides statement a Pretty Huge statement.. Zach Smith even says OSU Gene Smith knew.

As Meyer issued his statement, Zach Smith told ESPN that he was on a recruiting trip in October 2015 when he was called back to campus by athletic director Gene Smith. Zach Smith said Gene Smith told him about the allegations of domestic abuse and that he then went to the Powell, Ohio, police department. After speaking to the police, he went to practice and saw Meyer.

"Urban pulled me off the practice field and said, 'What the hell is going on? What is this? What is this?'" Zach Smith said during the interview. "And I laid it all out for him. I said, 'Apparently my ex-wife is trying to get me charged with domestic abuse from incidents that happened throughout our marriage. I went down and met with Powell PD. I explained both sides of the story. I volunteered to do that. I didn't ever hit her.' He said, 'If you ever hit her, you are fired immediately.' I looked at him and said, 'If I hit her, I wouldn't come in here. I know how you feel about that. If I hit her, I wouldn't even come to work. I would know it's over.'"

What culpability does Gene Smith have?? Sounds like he knew. Could he lose his job over Urban Meyer??

This is going to get interesting if true..

https://es.pn/2AF6yjj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 08-03-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Urban Meyer provides statement a Pretty Huge statement.. Zach Smith even says OSU Gene Smith knew.

As Meyer issued his statement, Zach Smith told ESPN that he was on a recruiting trip in October 2015 when he was called back to campus by athletic director Gene Smith. Zach Smith said Gene Smith told him about the allegations of domestic abuse and that he then went to the Powell, Ohio, police department. After speaking to the police, he went to practice and saw Meyer.

"Urban pulled me off the practice field and said, 'What the hell is going on? What is this? What is this?'" Zach Smith said during the interview. "And I laid it all out for him. I said, 'Apparently my ex-wife is trying to get me charged with domestic abuse from incidents that happened throughout our marriage. I went down and met with Powell PD. I explained both sides of the story. I volunteered to do that. I didn't ever hit her.' He said, 'If you ever hit her, you are fired immediately.' I looked at him and said, 'If I hit her, I wouldn't come in here. I know how you feel about that. If I hit her, I wouldn't even come to work. I would know it's over.'"

What culpability does Gene Smith have?? Sounds like he knew. Could he lose his job over Urban Meyer??

This is going to get interesting if true..

https://es.pn/2AF6yjj

Well, I'm convinced. We should all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    Well, I'm convinced. We should all move on.
    You are right. He only denied it a few days ago. So he is either lying now or was lying then. Nothing to see here, move along.

I’ll say it. I don’t see that Urban did anything worthy of being fired.

Zach Smith is a dick and his wife is clearly insane but as much as I hate Urban I think firing him over this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I’ll say it. I don’t see that Urban did anything worthy of being fired.

Zach Smith is a dick and his wife is clearly insane but as much as I hate Urban I think firing him over this is ridiculous.
    He is going to be fired because OSU has to fire him. With the Dr. Larry Nasser thing still hanging out there...everything is fresh. Colleges are going to overreact to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    He is going to be fired because OSU has to fire him. With the Dr. Larry Nasser thing still hanging out there...everything is fresh. Colleges are going to overreact to protect themselves.
    I don’t think he’ll be fired. Someone will take the fall, but it won’t be Urban.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

So I see that Ohio State fans have a huge petition going to keep Urban around. Figures.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    So I see that Ohio State fans have a huge petition going to keep Urban around. Figures.
    Whatever it means, for some reason I tend to believe this is not your normal abusive relationship situation. I am leaning towards believing that both of them were abusive. Does it make it right. Nope.

But I do not think this lays at UM feet 100%.

With the fact Gene Smith was silent after UM’s statement is interesting. If he was fully aware, how can this be UM’s fault.

To me, this all feels like a big media frenzy for some celebrity divorce where both sides are portraying the other in the worst way.. 3 years after the fact.

We are talking about 3 years ago and this guy has joint custody of his kids in all of this. No charges were ever brought. He dropped his kids off at her home instead of the designated place and that is what triggered all of this .

It all just seems surreal..

I had no idea that Zach Smith was Earl Bruce’s grandson. His mother is the daughter of Coach Bruce.

Looks like Courtney’s own Mother thinks her daughter was the aggressor..

This continues to be get more interesting. Will be curious to see what this committee determines..

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-down-with-him

Last edited by dabrockster; 08-09-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Whatever it means, for some reason I tend to believe this is not your normal abusive relationship situation. I am leaning towards believing that both of them were abusive. Does it make it right. Nope.

But I do not think this lays at UM feet 100%.

With the fact Gene Smith was silent after UM’s statement is interesting. If he was fully aware, how can this be UM’s fault.

To me, this all feels like a big media frenzy for some celebrity divorce where both sides are portraying the other in the worst way.. 3 years after the fact.

We are talking about 3 years ago and this guy has joint custody of his kids in all of this. No charges were ever brought. He dropped his kids off at her home instead of the designated place and that is what triggered all of this .

It all just seems surreal..

lol. i think we know the reason you have a nagging feeling that urb is innocent. also, shocked that a guy who built his career on a literal murderer and a bunch of criminals and thugs was willing to overlook dv to see talent.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Scary to think of how many wife beaters Urb mentored over the years. Prob a ton at Utah that we’ll never know about.

LOL. Pretty sure he built his career on a Religious Dude not a murderer..

For those who think he should be fired. I am not sure what else he could have done. He should have suspended him upon being informed of the possible DV accusation, but beyond that, it became a difficult situation between a “He said. She said” case of DV. Most major companies would not fire a person unless the Police arrested or filed charges.

Gracias to all SJW, ESPN hacks (Finebaum) McMurphy and everyone else for the NT this team will earn this season..

Nothing more motivating then a pissed off UM and players who will rally around their coach. The “Us vs. The World” will be used often methinks.

For those who think he should be fired. I am not sure what else he could have done. He should have suspended him upon being informed of the possible DV accusation, but beyond that, it became a difficult situation between a “He said. She said” case of DV. Most major companies would not fire a person unless the Police arrested or filed charges.

Gracias to all SJW, ESPN hacks (Finebaum) McMurphy and everyone else for the NT this team will earn this season..

Nothing more motivating then a pissed off UM and players who will rally around their coach. The “Us vs. The World” will be used often methinks.

Wow.

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Only the most vile of human beings would view this situation as a slight and then cite it as motivation of some sort.

well that’s certainly a reaction to the situation
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Only the most vile of human beings would view this situation as a slight and then cite it as motivation of some sort.
    Hmm. That seems a bit reactionary.

The allegations of abuse at Ohio State are fairly small potatoes compared to what we see at the court or what the young gymnasts suffered at the hands of Dr. Nassar. I am entirely burned out, even as a woman, on the media's obsession with abuse/discrimination/victimization and the apparent need to conflate the crime of rape with sexual discrimination.

That said, I am surprised that any remotely informed fan could think these allegations and the NCAA's response would "motivate" Ohio State's football team to win a national title this season. This is the same team that lost to Oklahoma on its own turf. This is the same team that watched Baker Mayfield plant an OU flag in the Ohio State stadium and yet failed to be "motivated" enough to defeat Iowa --- IOWA --- later that same year. This is the same team that was blanked by Clemson. And yet they'll win a national title? Really? I look forward to watching this drama unfold.

Ohio state fan reactions have been hilarious.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Hmm. That seems a bit reactionary.

The allegations of abuse at Ohio State are fairly small potatoes compared to what we see at the court or what the young gymnasts suffered at the hands of Dr. Nassar. I am entirely burned out, even as a woman, on the media's obsession with abuse/discrimination/victimization and the apparent need to conflate the crime of rape with sexual discrimination.

That said, I am surprised that any remotely informed fan could think these allegations and the NCAA's response would "motivate" Ohio State's football team to win a national title this season. This is the same team that lost to Oklahoma on its own turf. This is the same team that watched Baker Mayfield plant an OU flag in the Ohio State stadium and yet failed to be "motivated" enough to defeat Iowa --- IOWA --- later that same year. This is the same team that was blanked by Clemson. And yet they'll win a national title? Really? I look forward to watching this drama unfold.
    Not reactionary, just honesty. It's vile and reprehensible to suggest this situation can be used as motivation for a football team to win games. One should not have to be even remotely "informed" to understand that.

I actually agree with this.

What else could Urb have done? Besides telling the truth of course. But with his memory issues, I can see why that’s difficult.

I am also excited that he only tries to win National Titles when he is mad. Seems like a good strategy.

Considering he did all he could, why suspend him at all?
    *Banned*

Well...heart problems got him out of Florida. Early dementia will probably be why he leaves Ohio St.

Wherever he ends up next...he should get a really good doctor, because he's a fucking medical mess.

So he's only suspended from the games themselves? What a joke.

My response may have been off the cuff, but I am a bit jilted by all of this and the wave of issues where Men have become brow-beaten in public where things are not as cut and dry as the media portrays things.

I do not condone any DV and have volunteered with programs that help families in these situations.

This situation is a messy one. In my profession in reviewing individuals with MH, substance abuse issues we have repeat callers. The police alone had been called to their residence over 60 to 90 times by both individuals.

The bully-pulpit some journalist use to me undermines their profession and reporting. Murphy alone held onto additional information to strategically release this last week. Why?? For ulterior motives. His new job, hatred for UM, an effort to try and sway the outcomes. Whatever happened to reporting all the facts.

Did he do wrong, yes, but are we not just as equally responsible for the DV we see in our neighborhoods, community that we chose to ignore. If UM is culpable, each and everyone one of us are equally culpable for our inactions when are drunk neighbors are at it again..

Where is the line drawn? The point is, this is a complicated issue and due to over heightened reactions, it can shift the paradigm further than what is considered reasonable and Men will be held accountable for situations they have no control over.

Call me vile, call me whatever you want. But your reaction is the prime example of the point I was making.

My response may have been off the cuff, but I am a bit jilted by all of this and the wave of issues where Men have become brow-beaten in public where things are not as cut and dry as the media portrays things.

I do not condone any DV and have volunteered with programs that help families in these situations.

This situation is a messy one. In my profession in reviewing individuals with MH, substance abuse issues we have repeat callers. The police alone had been called to their residence over 60 to 90 times by both individuals.

The bully-pulpit some journalist use to me undermines their profession and reporting. Murphy alone held onto additional information to strategically release this last week. Why?? For ulterior motives. His new job, hatred for UM, an effort to try and sway the outcomes. Whatever happened to reporting all the facts.

Did he do wrong, yes, but are we not just as equally responsible for the DV we see in our neighborhoods, community that we chose to ignore. If UM is culpable, each and everyone one of us are equally culpable for our inactions when are drunk neighbors are at it again..

Where is the line drawn? The point is, this is a complicated issue and due to over heightened reactions, it can shift the paradigm further than what is considered reasonable and Men will be held accountable for situations they have no control over.

Call me vile, call me whatever you want. But your reaction is the prime example of the point I was making.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm unaware of any DV perpetrated by any of my neighbors, whether intoxicated or sober.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

DB, you aren't vile. You are just being dumb. But that is what we all do as sports fans, so don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I'm unaware of any DV perpetrated by any of my neighbors, whether intoxicated or sober.
    Claiming you can't remember. Just like Urban.