• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

HBCoug might be our funniest poster.
    Agreed. He's been on a roll lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
      Seriously. There were a lot of wives of the coaching staff who were verrrrry nervous for a while!
      LOL. Respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• TCU lost to Tech yesterday in a fumble fest. The only way the Big 12 makes the playoff this year is if Texas and Oklahoma both win out. Even that might not be enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
          TCU lost to Tech yesterday in a fumble fest. The only way the Big 12 makes the playoff this year is if Texas and Oklahoma both win out. Even that might not be enough.
          looking like Bama, Georgia and Ohio State are as close to locks as you can get - Clemson seems vulnerable to me with the frosh QB, but they still have to be the favorite for the other spot. Then you have to look at Notre Dame. so yeah, at this point, i'd say odds are against anybody from the PAC or Big 12 getting an invite.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• If Clemson loses, who would be the 4th seed? Could we see for the first time 3 teams from the SEC?

It hurt to write that and I vomited a little in my mouth too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              looking like Bama, Georgia and Ohio State are as close to locks as you can get - Clemson seems vulnerable to me with the frosh QB, but they still have to be the favorite for the other spot. Then you have to look at Notre Dame. so yeah, at this point, i'd say odds are against anybody from the PAC or Big 12 getting an invite.
              The committee won't pass on a Texas team that wins out. It'll be interesting to see if the Big 12 championship game (which makes zero sense in a round-robin conference) backfires on the conference this year.

Oklahoma's odds of winning out are basically zero with the defense in complete disarray following Stoops's dismissal.

Comment

• [QUOTE=dabrockster;1385815]Could we see for the first time 3 teams from the SEC?[QUOTE]

That's lunacy. You won't even see two teams from the SEC this year.

Comment

The committee won't pass on a Texas team that wins out. It'll be interesting to see if the Big 12 championship game (which makes zero sense in a round-robin conference) backfires on the conference this year.

Oklahoma's odds of winning out are basically zero with the defense in complete disarray following Stoops's dismissal.
                  take this scenario. Georgia undefeated, Bama with a loss only to Georgia in the SEC championship, Notre Dame with one loss, one loss Ohio State and Texas wins out. you confident they take Texas?

now, same scenario but Notre Dame and Ohio State are undefeated, no way they take Texas even if they win out.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

take this scenario. Georgia undefeated, Bama with a loss only to Georgia in the SEC championship, Notre Dame with one loss, one loss Ohio State and Texas wins out. you confident they take Texas?
                    Are we assuming Clemson has already disqualified itself somehow? Then yes. They won't take a one-loss Notre Dame. Best case one-loss scenario for ND is a loss to a mediocre Southern Cal team the week before selection. No dice for ND. I also don't see the committee taking Tide and Dogs for two straight years.

now, same scenario but Notre Dame and Ohio State are undefeated, no way they take Texas even if they win out.
                    When's the last time we had three undefeated marquee teams? Even assuming this implausible scenario, they would take the three undefeated teams and Texas, which would have won 12 straight and is the nation's single biggest cash cow.

Comment

Are we assuming Clemson has already disqualified itself somehow? Then yes. They won't take a one-loss Notre Dame. Best case one-loss scenario for ND is a loss to a mediocre Southern Cal team the week before selection. No dice for ND. I also don't see the committee taking Tide and Dogs for two straight years.

When's the last time we had three undefeated marquee teams? Even assuming this implausible scenario, they would take the three undefeated teams and Texas, which would have won 12 straight and is the nation's single biggest cash cow.
                      yes - assuming Clemson has disqualified itself somehow. interesting thoughts. Texas has been down for so long perhaps i've come to underrate their following.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• I haven't followed the Big 12 much this year, but is WV not still an option? The back half of their schedule is much more difficult than their front, but if they beat OU and Texas they will have some quality wins.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          I haven't followed the Big 12 much this year, but is WV not still an option? The back half of their schedule is much more difficult than their front, but if they beat OU and Texas they will have some quality wins.
                          definitely- they are sitting at 5-0.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

definitely- they are sitting at 5-0.
                            Right, which is my point. The talk was all about how the only hope for the Big 12 was for Texas to win out.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Right, which is my point. The talk was all about how the only hope for the Big 12 was for Texas to win out.
                              sure. speaking for myself, my gut is West Virginia loses at least 2 or 3 down the stretch. but objectively speaking, they have to be in the conversation for now.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Somewhere along the way Texas will mess this up with an inexplicable loss. Trust me.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X