Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1530

Thread: The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

Default The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

I am surprised YO or JL has not posted about the recent drunken Ohio St. Player slamming the door on a cop and getting tazed..

Him getting tazed gave me a chuckle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 06-08-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    I am surprised YO or JL has not posted about the recent drunken Ohio St. Player slamming the door on a cop and getting taxed..

Him getting tazed gave me a chuckle..
    Man, the government taxes people for everything these days. It's out of control!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    Man, the government taxes people for everything these days. It's out of control!
    Even the Government hates a winner..

Last edited by BigPiney; 08-01-2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Dammit I hate the tweet function on this board. :(

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Urban is a bad person. No surprise.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...61186976141312
    Man, I hate the SJWs and the internet outrage society in general, but if they run with this one, I won’t complain about it.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Yikes. That is not good.

Yikes. That is not good.
    Meh. Trump gets away with this crap all the time.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with JL?? And for that matter.. Where the hell is YO..

I am disappointed by your response. I expect much more from you. And for YO to be so absent is equally hurtful!

Who are you and what have you done with JL?? And for that matter.. Where the hell is YO..

I am disappointed by your response. I expect much more from you. And for YO to be so absent is equally hurtful!
    Dude, I compared Urb to Trump! That is a four star insult in my book.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Dude, I compared Urb to Trump! That is a four star insult in my book.
    Meh. It sounded supportive..

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Now we have to make everything on this board about the obsession some of you have with him?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Now we have to make everything on this board about the obsession some of you have with him?
    Uncle Ted: "Hold my root beer."

And so it begins..

Yeah, WhataboutTrump?!?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Yeah, WhataboutTrump?!?
    Haha. Touche'.

Can we all just get back to bagging on Urban Meyer? I had no idea my little joke would trigger so many people!

http://www.espn.com/

Ohio State has placed Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave. Offensive Coordinator Ryan Day will be the team's acting head coach during investigation.

This is not exactly Penn State part 2, but hey... if it results in Urban Meyer landing on his feet at Notre Dame I won't be surprised.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Got to be effing kidding me..

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

OSU needs to reform their tarnished program, ASAP. It's time to bring in a a clean-cut guy, who isn't above giving criminals kids who make mistakes a 2nd or 3rd chance, and has shown he can (almost) compete in a P5 conference. Let's all welcome Coach Whittingham to The Shoe.

Got to be effing kidding me..
    Take heart, DB. If there is one thing Ohio State has perfected, it is sweeping scandals under the rug!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    OSU needs to reform their tarnished program, ASAP. It's time to bring in a a clean-cut guy, who isn't above giving criminals kids who make mistakes a 2nd or 3rd chance, and has shown he can (almost) compete in a P5 conference. Let's all welcome Coach Whittingham to The Shoe.
    GTFO..

Where’s BGRTHNUMEGO when we need him?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

I
    A little confused at the outrage here. He is supposed to have heard 3rd hand that one of his assistants allegedly was involved in a domestic violence incident, that the assistant was never charged on. What should he have been obligated to do? Is this a title IX issue? Is it more about him potentially lying about what he knew?

If one of my employees was accused of but not charged or convicted of domestic abuse, I wouldn’t be able to do anything. If I did, I imagine the employee would have pretty good grounds suing our company.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I
    A little confused at the outrage here. He is supposed to have heard 3rd hand that one of his assistants allegedly was involved in a domestic violence incident, that the assistant was never charged on. What should he have been obligated to do? Is this a title IX issue? Is it more about him potentially lying about what he knew?

If one of my employees was accused of but not charged or convicted of domestic abuse, I wouldn’t be able to do anything. If I did, I imagine the employee would have pretty good grounds suing our company.
    That's kind of been my take as well.

Lol.

I

Well since his wife is a RN at Ohio State she is legally required to report abuse. The simple solution will be he throws his wife under the bus and says she didn’t. He’ll still be there come week 1.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Well since his wife is a RN at Ohio State she is legally required to report abuse. The simple solution will be he throws his wife under the bus and says she didn’t. He’ll still be there come week 1.
    Urban has to report stuff to the title IX office too. He certainly did if his wife showed him any of the texts, for example. Title IX offices basically tell you to report anything with a whiff of a problem (I've been told we have to report third hand stuff). I thought I read that Urban had a conversation with the assistant coach where the assistant denied the allegations. For sure Urban needed to report that to the Title IX office.
    Last edited by pelagius; 08-02-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    And Utah would just hire Urban Meyer back. Fits their mo to bring in people with sketchy morals.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Where’s BGRTHNUMEGO when we need him?
    alive and well. just type cougarboard.com into google, click the appropriate link and wallah!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

I

I don't have an understanding of Title IX and internal tOSU policies, and I don't want to downplay domestic violence, but if he were employed with my company, the fact that his first impulse was to lie about his knowledge might be a terminable issue. This would be especially true if he lied to the university during the course of an investigation. He may get some leeway since he was put on the spot during a media event that was unrelated to the domestic violence accusations, but it's rightfully a hot-button issue, and mitigating circumstances may not matter.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson