THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    alive and well. just type cougarboard.com into google, click the appropriate link and wallah!
    Meh, not worth it.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Meh, not worth it.
      but at least you know where he is now. you're welcome.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        I don't have an understanding of Title IX and internal tOSU policies, and I don't want to downplay domestic violence, but if he were employed with my company, the fact that his first impulse was to lie about his knowledge might be a terminable issue. This would be especially true if he lied to the university during the course of an investigation. He may get some leeway since he was put on the spot during a media event that was unrelated to the domestic violence accusations, but it's rightfully a hot-button issue, and mitigating circumstances may not matter.
        As a HR Director and Title IX investigator at a college...you are pretty much spot on. Hiding anything with regards to a Title IX matter, let alone outright lying about it, is pretty damning. UB is as good as gone.

Comment

• The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

Urban Meyer provides statement a Pretty Huge statement.. Zach Smith even says OSU Gene Smith knew.

As Meyer issued his statement, Zach Smith told ESPN that he was on a recruiting trip in October 2015 when he was called back to campus by athletic director Gene Smith. Zach Smith said Gene Smith told him about the allegations of domestic abuse and that he then went to the Powell, Ohio, police department. After speaking to the police, he went to practice and saw Meyer.

"Urban pulled me off the practice field and said, 'What the hell is going on? What is this? What is this?'" Zach Smith said during the interview. "And I laid it all out for him. I said, 'Apparently my ex-wife is trying to get me charged with domestic abuse from incidents that happened throughout our marriage. I went down and met with Powell PD. I explained both sides of the story. I volunteered to do that. I didn't ever hit her.' He said, 'If you ever hit her, you are fired immediately.' I looked at him and said, 'If I hit her, I wouldn't come in here. I know how you feel about that. If I hit her, I wouldn't even come to work. I would know it's over.'"

What culpability does Gene Smith have?? Sounds like he knew. Could he lose his job over Urban Meyer??

This is going to get interesting if true..

https://es.pn/2AF6yjj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by dabrockster; 08-03-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Urban Meyer provides statement a Pretty Huge statement.. Zach Smith even says OSU Gene Smith knew.

As Meyer issued his statement, Zach Smith told ESPN that he was on a recruiting trip in October 2015 when he was called back to campus by athletic director Gene Smith. Zach Smith said Gene Smith told him about the allegations of domestic abuse and that he then went to the Powell, Ohio, police department. After speaking to the police, he went to practice and saw Meyer.

"Urban pulled me off the practice field and said, 'What the hell is going on? What is this? What is this?'" Zach Smith said during the interview. "And I laid it all out for him. I said, 'Apparently my ex-wife is trying to get me charged with domestic abuse from incidents that happened throughout our marriage. I went down and met with Powell PD. I explained both sides of the story. I volunteered to do that. I didn't ever hit her.' He said, 'If you ever hit her, you are fired immediately.' I looked at him and said, 'If I hit her, I wouldn't come in here. I know how you feel about that. If I hit her, I wouldn't even come to work. I would know it's over.'"

What culpability does Gene Smith have?? Sounds like he knew. Could he lose his job over Urban Meyer??

This is going to get interesting if true..

https://es.pn/2AF6yjj

Well, I'm convinced. We should all move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
              Well, I'm convinced. We should all move on.
              You are right. He only denied it a few days ago. So he is either lying now or was lying then. Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

• I’ll say it. I don’t see that Urban did anything worthy of being fired.

Zach Smith is a dick and his wife is clearly insane but as much as I hate Urban I think firing him over this is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  I’ll say it. I don’t see that Urban did anything worthy of being fired.

Zach Smith is a dick and his wife is clearly insane but as much as I hate Urban I think firing him over this is ridiculous.
                  He is going to be fired because OSU has to fire him. With the Dr. Larry Nasser thing still hanging out there...everything is fresh. Colleges are going to overreact to protect themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                    He is going to be fired because OSU has to fire him. With the Dr. Larry Nasser thing still hanging out there...everything is fresh. Colleges are going to overreact to protect themselves.
                    I don’t think he’ll be fired. Someone will take the fall, but it won’t be Urban.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So I see that Ohio State fans have a huge petition going to keep Urban around. Figures.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          So I see that Ohio State fans have a huge petition going to keep Urban around. Figures.
                          Whatever it means, for some reason I tend to believe this is not your normal abusive relationship situation. I am leaning towards believing that both of them were abusive. Does it make it right. Nope.

But I do not think this lays at UM feet 100%.

With the fact Gene Smith was silent after UM’s statement is interesting. If he was fully aware, how can this be UM’s fault.

To me, this all feels like a big media frenzy for some celebrity divorce where both sides are portraying the other in the worst way.. 3 years after the fact.

We are talking about 3 years ago and this guy has joint custody of his kids in all of this. No charges were ever brought. He dropped his kids off at her home instead of the designated place and that is what triggered all of this .

It all just seems surreal..

Comment

• The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

I had no idea that Zach Smith was Earl Bruce’s grandson. His mother is the daughter of Coach Bruce.

Looks like Courtney’s own Mother thinks her daughter was the aggressor..

This continues to be get more interesting. Will be curious to see what this committee determines..

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-down-with-him

Last edited by dabrockster; 08-09-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              Whatever it means, for some reason I tend to believe this is not your normal abusive relationship situation. I am leaning towards believing that both of them were abusive. Does it make it right. Nope.

But I do not think this lays at UM feet 100%.

With the fact Gene Smith was silent after UM’s statement is interesting. If he was fully aware, how can this be UM’s fault.

To me, this all feels like a big media frenzy for some celebrity divorce where both sides are portraying the other in the worst way.. 3 years after the fact.

We are talking about 3 years ago and this guy has joint custody of his kids in all of this. No charges were ever brought. He dropped his kids off at her home instead of the designated place and that is what triggered all of this .

It all just seems surreal..

lol. i think we know the reason you have a nagging feeling that urb is innocent. also, shocked that a guy who built his career on a literal murderer and a bunch of criminals and thugs was willing to overlook dv to see talent.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Scary to think of how many wife beaters Urb mentored over the years. Prob a ton at Utah that we’ll never know about.

Comment

Working...
                                X