Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1542

Thread: The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I'm unaware of any DV perpetrated by any of my neighbors, whether intoxicated or sober.
    Never put it in record.. Youíre screwed now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    My response may have been off the cuff

Iím guessing you donít excel at reading comprehension exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Iím guessing you donít excel at reading comprehension exams.

The BIG10 is a cesspool. Coaches who beat their wives. Coaches who molest kids. Coaches who molest athletes. The coaches who cover it all up. And of course the fans who enable it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    So he's only suspended from the games themselves? What a joke.
    When players get suspended for have, do they still get to practice with the team? Honest question.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I do not condone any DV and have volunteered with programs that help families in these situations.

This is the equivalent of saying you canít be racist you have black friends.
    *Banned*

My response may have been off the cuff, but I am a bit jilted by all of this and the wave of issues where Men have become brow-beaten in public where things are not as cut and dry as the media portrays things.

I do not condone any DV and have volunteered with programs that help families in these situations.

This situation is a messy one. In my profession in reviewing individuals with MH, substance abuse issues we have repeat callers. The police alone had been called to their residence over 60 to 90 times by both individuals.

The bully-pulpit some journalist use to me undermines their profession and reporting. Murphy alone held onto additional information to strategically release this last week. Why?? For ulterior motives. His new job, hatred for UM, an effort to try and sway the outcomes. Whatever happened to reporting all the facts.

Did he do wrong, yes, but are we not just as equally responsible for the DV we see in our neighborhoods, community that we chose to ignore. If UM is culpable, each and everyone one of us are equally culpable for our inactions when are drunk neighbors are at it again..

Where is the line drawn? The point is, this is a complicated issue and due to over heightened reactions, it can shift the paradigm further than what is considered reasonable and Men will be held accountable for situations they have no control over.

Call me vile, call me whatever you want. But your reaction is the prime example of the point I was making.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Default The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

https://goo.gl/images/f8Ag6Q

Last edited by dabrockster; 08-23-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Do I dare click the image link?

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    This is the equivalent of saying you canít be racist you have black friends.
    And there it is.. We canít have these conversations without someone crying racism.

And there it is.. We can’t have these conversations without someone crying racism.

That's a pretty trans-phobic thing to say.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Is there an easier guy to troll on the entire board? Asking for a friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    That's a pretty trans-phobic thing to say.
    Ok, you got a real/literal LOL from me when I read this.

Hmm. That seems a bit reactionary.

The allegations of abuse at Ohio State are fairly small potatoes compared to what we see at the court or what the young gymnasts suffered at the hands of Dr. Nassar. I am entirely burned out, even as a woman, on the media's obsession with abuse/discrimination/victimization and the apparent need to conflate the crime of rape with sexual discrimination.

That said, I am surprised that any remotely informed fan could think these allegations and the NCAA's response would "motivate" Ohio State's football team to win a national title this season. This is the same team that lost to Oklahoma on its own turf. This is the same team that watched Baker Mayfield plant an OU flag in the Ohio State stadium and yet failed to be "motivated" enough to defeat Iowa --- IOWA --- later that same year. This is the same team that was blanked by Clemson. And yet they'll win a national title? Really? I look forward to watching this drama unfold.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

yet failed to be "motivated" enough to defeat Iowa --- IOWA --- later that same year.
    I thought the free beacon's troll of this was a little better:

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

So fun to have Babs back. Too bad it took the exile of ddd to make it occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    So fun to have Babs back. Too bad it took the exile of ddd to make it occur.
    Yup. I spent the last six years wondering if that dude would EVER sign out so I could log back in.

Quote Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
    I thought the free beacon's troll of this was a little better:

I was about to quote that Iowa line when I realized you already had. Also found this funny:

However, there is one key difference between the two: Urban Meyer visited Wisconsin in 2016.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    failed to be "motivated" enough to defeat Iowa --- IOWA --- later that same year.
    I mean, jeez, you might as well lose to Iowa State at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I was about to quote that Iowa line when I realized you already had. Also found this funny:
    However, there is one key difference between the two: Urban Meyer visited Wisconsin in 2016.

Pre-Historic Man

I mean, jeez, you might as well lose to Iowa State at home.
    Sooner or later.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Heh.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Heh.
    This is totally taken out of context. Urban didn't lie. He just falsely stated that he lacked knowledge. There is a huge difference. Right? Right Brock?

Default The Official OSU and Urban Meyer Era begins now thread

Gasp!! I am shocked you are making light of DV.

Meh. I give it a 2 1/2 out of 5 chokeholds

If they keep playing like this, UM should be suspended the rest of the season..

Close one..

Close one..

Seriously. There were a lot of wives of the coaching staff who were verrrrry nervous for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Seriously. There were a lot of wives of the coaching staff who were verrrrry nervous for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

HBCoug might be our funniest poster.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

HBCoug might be our funniest poster.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk