THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.espn.com/

Ohio State has placed Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave. Offensive Coordinator Ryan Day will be the team's acting head coach during investigation.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This is not exactly Penn State part 2, but hey... if it results in Urban Meyer landing on his feet at Notre Dame I won't be surprised.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Got to be effing kidding me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          OSU needs to reform their tarnished program, ASAP. It's time to bring in a a clean-cut guy, who isn't above giving criminals kids who make mistakes a 2nd or 3rd chance, and has shown he can (almost) compete in a P5 conference. Let's all welcome Coach Whittingham to The Shoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Got to be effing kidding me..
            Take heart, DB. If there is one thing Ohio State has perfected, it is sweeping scandals under the rug!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              OSU needs to reform their tarnished program, ASAP. It's time to bring in a a clean-cut guy, who isn't above giving criminals kids who make mistakes a 2nd or 3rd chance, and has shown he can (almost) compete in a P5 conference. Let's all welcome Coach Whittingham to The Shoe.
              GTFO..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Where’s BGRTHNUMEGO when we need him?
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• I
                  A little confused at the outrage here. He is supposed to have heard 3rd hand that one of his assistants allegedly was involved in a domestic violence incident, that the assistant was never charged on. What should he have been obligated to do? Is this a title IX issue? Is it more about him potentially lying about what he knew?

If one of my employees was accused of but not charged or convicted of domestic abuse, I wouldn’t be able to do anything. If I did, I imagine the employee would have pretty good grounds suing our company.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    I
                    A little confused at the outrage here. He is supposed to have heard 3rd hand that one of his assistants allegedly was involved in a domestic violence incident, that the assistant was never charged on. What should he have been obligated to do? Is this a title IX issue? Is it more about him potentially lying about what he knew?

If one of my employees was accused of but not charged or convicted of domestic abuse, I wouldn’t be able to do anything. If I did, I imagine the employee would have pretty good grounds suing our company.
                    That's kind of been my take as well.

Comment

• Lol.

Comment

I

Well since his wife is a RN at Ohio State she is legally required to report abuse. The simple solution will be he throws his wife under the bus and says she didn’t. He’ll still be there come week 1.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Well since his wife is a RN at Ohio State she is legally required to report abuse. The simple solution will be he throws his wife under the bus and says she didn’t. He’ll still be there come week 1.
                          Urban has to report stuff to the title IX office too. He certainly did if his wife showed him any of the texts, for example. Title IX offices basically tell you to report anything with a whiff of a problem (I've been told we have to report third hand stuff). I thought I read that Urban had a conversation with the assistant coach where the assistant denied the allegations. For sure Urban needed to report that to the Title IX office.
                          Last edited by pelagius; 08-02-2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            And Utah would just hire Urban Meyer back. Fits their mo to bring in people with sketchy morals.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Where’s BGRTHNUMEGO when we need him?
                              alive and well. just type cougarboard.com into google, click the appropriate link and wallah!
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

I

I don't have an understanding of Title IX and internal tOSU policies, and I don't want to downplay domestic violence, but if he were employed with my company, the fact that his first impulse was to lie about his knowledge might be a terminable issue. This would be especially true if he lied to the university during the course of an investigation. He may get some leeway since he was put on the spot during a media event that was unrelated to the domestic violence accusations, but it's rightfully a hot-button issue, and mitigating circumstances may not matter.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X