THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official End of the Urban Era but Ohio St. will be fine Thread

Looks like ya’ll may have to continue hating Ohio St.

New job to be created for Urban in the Athletic Department.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...bord-of-duties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      And I just now fully appreciate your moniker.....
      Someone gets me!

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        Looks like ya’ll may have to continue hating Ohio St.

New job to be created for Urban in the Athletic Department.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...bord-of-duties
        This is not uncommon. After his “retirement,” Bob Stoops remained on payroll with Oklahoma. Last I knew, VY still had a position with UT. It’s just a courtesy.

Comment

I don’t get the love for Murray or Tua for Heisman..

And neither does 2nd stringer Tate Martell.

On Friday night, Martell put out a tweet that said "since the media doesn’t want to make a case for dwayne then i guess i have to..." along with stats propping up Haskins. As Martell points out, Haskins threw for 332.7 yards per game in three contests against top-30 defenses with 10 touchdowns and no interceptions. Murray threw for 264 yards per game in one contest against a top-30 defense with four touchdowns and no interceptions and Tagovailoa played three games against a top-30 defense, throwing for an average of 209 yards per contest, with five touchdowns and four interceptions.

But Martell wasn't done promoting his teammate, digging into the stats further. He also pointed out that against top-10 defenses, Haskins has thrown for 430 yards and six touchdowns, Murray is "404 Page Not Found" (meaning he did not play a top-10 defense) and Tagovailoa threw for 140 yards, with one touchdown and one interception.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-s...phy-126065223/

Last edited by dabrockster; 12-08-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Murray should win.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Murray should win.
              It’ll depend on how many voters sent their ballots before Satirday’s games. No idea why the Heisman Committee invited a third candidate.

Comment

I don’t get the love for Murray or Tua for Heisman..

And neither does 2nd stringer Tate Martell.

On Friday night, Martell put out a tweet that said "since the media doesn’t want to make a case for dwayne then i guess i have to..." along with stats propping up Haskins. As Martell points out, Haskins threw for 332.7 yards per game in three contests against top-30 defenses with 10 touchdowns and no interceptions. Murray threw for 264 yards per game in one contest against a top-30 defense with four touchdowns and no interceptions and Tagovailoa played three games against a top-30 defense, throwing for an average of 209 yards per contest, with five touchdowns and four interceptions.

But Martell wasn't done promoting his teammate, digging into the stats further. He also pointed out that against top-10 defenses, Haskins has thrown for 430 yards and six touchdowns, Murray is "404 Page Not Found" (meaning he did not play a top-10 defense) and Tagovailoa threw for 140 yards, with one touchdown and one interception.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-s...phy-126065223/

isn't the season like 12 games or something? and don't they base the heisman on the entire season? why are they talking about 2 or 3 games deciding everything. tate martell is kinda dumb - but he's young, so we can give him a mulligan.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  isn't the season like 12 games or something? and don't they base the heisman on the entire season? why are they talking about 2 or 3 games deciding everything. tate martell is kinda dumb - but he's young, so we can give him a mulligan.
                  You do realize that if you wish to go off of the full season. Haskins leads. And of those games, what Martell points out is what we know. Murray has not faced the same level of defenses as Haskins has and Haskins still put up insane numbers above Murray (#3).

Passing Leader:
                  Haskins: 348/496 70%, 4,580 yards and 47 TD’s..

Comment

You do realize that if you wish to go off of the full season. Haskins leads. And of those games, what Martell points out is what we know. Murray has not faced the same level of defenses as Haskins has and Haskins still put up insane numbers above Murray (#3).

Passing Leader:
                    Haskins: 348/496 70%, 4,580 yards and 47 TD’s..

Haskins passer rating - 175. Murray 205. Sorry, Brock, it isn't close. if Haskins doesn't choke against Purdue's shitty defense (PER of 127 against the 103rd ranked defense), his team is ranked #2 in the country and in the playoff. Murray never had a bad game, hence his team was never blown out (had a PER of 214 in his team's one loss) and is going dancing while Haskins plays in a glorified exhibition game.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Haskins passer rating - 175. Murray 205. Sorry, Brock, it isn't close. if Haskins doesn't choke against Purdue's shitty defense (PER of 127 against the 103rd ranked defense), his team is ranked #2 in the country and in the playoff. Murray never had a bad game, hence his team was never blown out (had a PER of 214 in his team's one loss) and is going dancing while Haskins plays in a glorified exhibition game.
                      isn't the season like 12 games or something? and don't they base the heisman on the entire season? why are you shifting your argument and talking about 1 game deciding everything. Why are you also shifting your argument about completion rating (205 to 175 is such a huge difference)? SMR is kinda dumb - but he's kinda old, so we can give you a mulligan.

Haskins against Purdue: He went 49/73 470 yards 2 TD’s and 1 Int. But you go ahead and flip-flop your reason for him not getting it and place it on his defense blowing chunks and his team losing.

Oh. And Murray against his loss was 19/26 304 yards 4TD’s and 1 Int. Yeah.. those are some stark numbers there. :rollingeyes:

And if you wish to talk about defenses, By all means. Let’s talk about all the shitty defenses Murray faced.

Last edited by dabrockster; 12-10-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Duplicate

Comment

isn't the season like 12 games or something? and don't they base the heisman on the entire season? why are you shifting your argument and talking about 1 game deciding everything. Why are you also shifting your argument about completion rating (205 to 175 is such a huge difference)? SMR is kinda dumb - but he's kinda old, so we can give you a mulligan.

Haskins against Purdue: He went 49/73 470 yards 2 TD’s and 1 Int. But you go ahead and flip-flop your reason for him not getting it and place it on his defense blowing chunks and his team losing.

Oh. And Murray against his loss was 19/26 304 yards 4TD’s and 1 Int. Yeah.. those are some stark numbers there. :rollingeyes:

And if you wish to talk about defenses, By all means. Let’s talk about all the shitty defenses Murray faced.
                          Let it go.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

i guess you just ignored the first sentence.

and brock, a 30 point difference in passer rating is the difference between Haskins - the #4 rated passer and some guy named Andre Nunez, the 41st rated passer. it is a huge difference.
                            Last edited by smokymountainrain; 12-10-2018, 09:31 AM.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Saying a 30 point passer rating differential is immaterial is like claiming QB hurries are a made up stat. Only dudes who dont know football say crap like that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                Please don’t feed the animals. TIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X