No announcement yet.

THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is like that time we wondered why Perot didn't win the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      You need to consider the possibility that Murray was more deserving AND everyone hates Ohio State.
      Objectively, I think you can make a solid argument that Haskins is more deserving. But you cannot argue against universal hatred of tOSU. (just joking around, DB).
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• GM: I am in a better mood today. All is good.

I was having a rough day and took it out on you. I apologize.. it just felt more personal that day.

And these rat bastards can wear a guy down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          I apologize.. it just felt more personal that day. And these rat bastards can wear a guy down.

Never apologize for repping your team.

Comment

• Unless your team is Ohio State. Then never stop apologizing.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
              Never apologize for repping your team.
              I can own up to mistakes. In time... When I’m no longer pissed. It was beyond repping..

Ya’ll are like family. And like family.. I will eventually apologize when I am wrong..

Oh.. Dhole can SAD.. No. I will not apologize to him later..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                I can own up to mistakes. In time... When I’m no longer pissed. It was beyond repping..

Ya’ll are like family. And like family.. I will eventually apologize when I am wrong..

Oh.. Dhole can SAD.. No. I will not apologize to him later.
                Hm. Maybe lay off the Heineken?

Comment

Hm. Maybe lay off the Heineken?
                  DB strikes me as more of a PBR kind of guy.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

DB strikes me as more of a PBR kind of guy.
                    Ha. No self-respecting 40-year-old would resort to Pabst.

Comment

Ha. No self-respecting 40-year-old would resort to Pabst.
                      I rest my case.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I rest my case.
                        :middlefinger:

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Objectively, I think you can make a solid argument that Haskins is more deserving. But you cannot argue against universal hatred of tOSU. (just joking around, DB).
                          honestly, i don't think you can. he threw the ball more than Murray and Tua. that's about it. GM, you could throw the ball 500 times in a season. efficiency his HUGE in determining who is better. they were more effective and it wasn't close. and neither had a game where they and their offense shit the bed ultimately keeping their team out of the playoffs because of it. a lot of times i'll rip tOSU for the sole purpose of trolling brockster, but in this case, i'm completely sincere. Haskins was very good, perhaps even great, but falls well below Murray and Tua. the voters got it right.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            honestly, i don't think you can. he threw the ball more than Murray and Tua. that's about it. GM, you could throw the ball 500 times in a season. efficiency his HUGE in determining who is better. they were more effective and it wasn't close. and neither had a game where they and their offense shit the bed ultimately keeping their team out of the playoffs because of it. a lot of times i'll rip tOSU for the sole purpose of trolling brockster, but in this case, i'm completely sincere. Haskins was very good, perhaps even great, but falls well below Murray and Tua. the voters got it right.
                            Your argument would be better if there was a disparity in their completion percentages, but there's not. I agree on Purdue, though. It's sort of like his anti-Heisman moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              Your argument would be better if there was a disparity in their completion percentages, but there's not. I agree on Purdue, though. It's sort of like his anti-Heisman moment.
                              completion percentage by itself is one of the worst stats in sports. for an extreme example, if you throw the ball 2 yards every time, you might complete 80% of your passes but your team is going to struggle to put points on the board - give give me the guy who is throwing it 15-20 yards down the field and completes 65% of his passes.

there is a reason that despite very similar completion percentages, Haskins falls well below Tua and Murray in overall passing efficiency. i mean, if we are going to argue for Haskins, why not Minshew of Wazzu. had a slightly higher completion percentage and slightly less yards - more than both Murray and Tua. but his efficiency rating was even lower than Haskins.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                completion percentage by itself is one of the worst stats in sports. for an extreme example, if you throw the ball 2 yards every time, you might complete 80% of your passes but your team is going to struggle to put points on the board - give give me the guy who is throwing it 15-20 yards down the field and completes 65% of his passes.

there is a reason that despite very similar completion percentages, Haskins falls well below Tua and Murray in overall passing efficiency. i mean, if we are going to argue for Haskins, why not Minshew of Wazzu. had a slightly higher completion percentage and slightly less yards - more than both Murray and Tua. but his efficiency rating was even lower than Haskins.
                                So, Murray threw 2 yds more per pass than Haskins. Both had great TD-INT ratios, but Haskins was asked to do more against better defenses.

The real distinguishing factor for Murray, IMO, is what he did on the ground. 892 yards, 11 TDs.

Comment

Working...
                                X