THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    So, Murray threw 2 yds more per pass than Haskins. Both had great TD-INT ratios, but Haskins was asked to do more against better defenses.

The real distinguishing factor for Murray, IMO, is what he did on the ground. 892 yards, 11 TDs.
    closer to 3 yards per attempt more. that is huge. but it's like i said earlier. Murray's pass efficiency was 205 to Haskins 175 - that 30 point gap being the same as Haskins, who was #4 in the country to the 41st rated passer. so that alone makes Murray a slam dunk. add the rushing yards and it simply isn't a discussion - and again the voters made that clear.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      closer to 3 yards per attempt more. that is huge. but it's like i said earlier. Murray's pass efficiency was 205 to Haskins 175 - that 30 point gap being the same as Haskins, who was #4 in the country to the 41st rated passer. so that alone makes Murray a slam dunk. add the rushing yards and it simply isn't a discussion - and again the voters made that clear.
      It would be huge if they played in the same conference. I don't think it's unreasonable to discount BIG12 offensive stats.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

It would be huge if they played in the same conference. I don't think it's unreasonable to discount BIG12 offensive stats.
        Why do they have to play in the same conference when they played each other?

Comment

• 3 yards per attempt is huge. 9.2 ypa and 11.9 ypa is essentially the difference between batting .275 and batting .350. It's Dee Gordon at the plate vs. Mookie Betts at the plate. In fact, if you added 3 more yards to each of Haskins' pass attempts against Purdue (the 103 ranked defense), he would have thrown for 690 yards. And they probably would have won that game. And he probably would have won the Heisman. So yeah, 3 ypa is kind of a big deal.
          Last edited by Donuthole; 12-12-2018, 09:33 AM.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

the problem with this argument is purdue. 103rd ranked defense in the country. he had a PER of 127 that day and only scored 20 points. if bad defenses are so easy to put up numbers against...
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

the problem with this argument is purdue. 103rd ranked defense in the country. he had a PER of 127 that day and only scored 20 points. if bad defenses are so easy to put up numbers against...
              Anyone even marking the argument is a dipshit.

IT was Murray, Tua and everyone else. Haskins had a great season. But it was not as good as the other two.

Only common opponent between Murray and Haskins was TCU.

Murray had a rating of 208.7, Haskins 156.

Murray was below 159, once the entire season (against Kansas he was 151.4 but he also ran 8 times for 99 yards and 3 tds)

Haskins had ratings of 156, 135, 127, 118.

Not sure how this is a legit argument someone is trying to make.
              *Banned*

Comment

Do you judge BYU players based on the NIU game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  Why would you judge an entire season's work on one game?

Comment

Yes, most are not very good.

Our best running back is a linebacker. Our receivers besides Bushman are terrible.

Comment

Yes. But mostly the Utah game.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

i'm judging him on the entire body of work, hence the reason i posted season production. but if you are going to bring B12 defenses into play, that purdue game is relevant because their defense blows. but the TCU game for each QB is even more relevant since it is a common opponent. and once again, Murray wins.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Not sure how this is a legit argument someone is trying to make.
                          Buckeyes gonna buckeye.

Comment

Am I missing something? When did OSU and Oklahoma play this year? I know they played in 2016 and 2017, but neither Murray nor Haskins played in those games any significant amount of time, if any at all.
                            When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Originally posted by BrutusBuckeye View Post
                              Am I missing something? When did OSU and Oklahoma play this year?
                              November 10th.

Comment

November 10th.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X