THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Follow the paper trail. Connect the dots. Whatever suits you.

A average conference has 2 teams in the top 4 of CFP rankings.

So much for being average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wut? I still have no idea what that has to do with Wisconsin losing to a terrible Illinois team?

Comment

How scandalous!!!

I just wonder how many OSU players make "family friends" willing to give them "loans" right before they begin playing for OSU.

Comment

• Sounds like a bag man.

Comment

• With this whole pay-for-play thing. These types of issues would no longer be an issue.

If he proves he paid it back, case is closed.

Who cares. It’s not like his parents got a house..

Comment

With this whole pay-for-play thing. These types of issues would no longer be an issue.

Under the new rules, players can make money of selling their likeness. It doesn't mean boosters can still just give them money. Also, all of this activity occurred before the NCAA changed their rules. Yoeli got 9 games because of a paper work mishap. Nick Emery caused the University to vacate a number of wins and received a suspension over a VW Jetta.

While the NCAA has proven over and over again that it will play tough with the have nots and look they other way with issues with the haves, it is total bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
              I just wonder how many OSU players make "family friends" willing to give them "loans" right before they begin playing for OSU.
              At least it wasn’t for tattoos, which is a change. Some of THE osu guys are real a**holes with their ink .

Comment

• Despite tOSU being punished, I hate the NCAA for screwing with the lives of young athletes like this. A lot of people are getting wealthy on the backs of amateur athletes who are putting their future health at risk every time they step on the field.

Comment

• So ohio state is really 0-0 this year since the ncaa will make them vacate any wins that chase young participated in, right? Of course, it was a loan and not a Jetta.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    And how does a college kid on an athletic scholarship pay the loan back?

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Despite tOSU being punished, I hate the NCAA for screwing with the lives of young athletes like this. A lot of people are getting wealthy on the backs of amateur athletes who are putting their future health at risk every time they step on the field.
                      God bless the NCAA for keeping this player safe on the sidelines. Phew.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

4-Game Suspension likely time be given to Young.

Next in line to step up. True Freshman Harrison has been doing pretty good, and the DL is stacked.

https://es.pn/2NQBeBq

Comment

• THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                          Wut? I still have no idea what that has to do with Wisconsin losing to a terrible Illinois team?
                          I guess I have to spell it out. Good Lord..

You chimed in to response I had given to Moliere where my response disagreed with the conference being average.

Still does not matter as pretty much the committee and everyone else has recognized The Buckeyes are a contender. All they have done is destroyed everyone they played. With a better SOS than Bama and Clemson and PSU. LSU is the top SOS ranked team at #6. Truthfully, they should be #1.

Wisconsin is ranked #28 which is ahead of Bama (56) and Clemson (59) and PSU (33). But go ahead with you BS retort that Wisc. sucks and has played no one.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/sec/2...dule-rankings/

Or we could go with ESPN’s power rankings which have the Buckeyes in the top spot.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...cs/teamratings

Gee. Wisconsin at #2 with SOS.
                          https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-09-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

With this whole pay-for-play thing. These types of issues would no longer be an issue.

I’m sure it’s the tip of the iceberg. Programs like Ohio State don’t win at the clip they do by playing fair.

Comment

• With that 4 game suspension, they should be required to forfeit all games he played in and they should be counted as losses for this season. Sorry no conference championship game or CFP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                With that 4 game suspension, they should be required to forfeit all games he played in and they should be counted as losses for this season. Sorry no conference championship game or CFP.
                                Yep. He was ineligible to play during those games.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X