Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2003

Thread: THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Follow the paper trail. Connect the dots. Whatever suits you.

A average conference has 2 teams in the top 4 of CFP rankings.

So much for being average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wut? I still have no idea what that has to do with Wisconsin losing to a terrible Illinois team?

How scandalous!!!

I just wonder how many OSU players make "family friends" willing to give them "loans" right before they begin playing for OSU.

Sounds like a bag man.

With this whole pay-for-play thing. These types of issues would no longer be an issue.

If he proves he paid it back, case is closed.

Who cares. It’s not like his parents got a house..

With this whole pay-for-play thing. These types of issues would no longer be an issue.

Under the new rules, players can make money of selling their likeness. It doesn't mean boosters can still just give them money. Also, all of this activity occurred before the NCAA changed their rules. Yoeli got 9 games because of a paper work mishap. Nick Emery caused the University to vacate a number of wins and received a suspension over a VW Jetta.

While the NCAA has proven over and over again that it will play tough with the have nots and look they other way with issues with the haves, it is total bullshit.

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I just wonder how many OSU players make "family friends" willing to give them "loans" right before they begin playing for OSU.
    At least it wasn’t for tattoos, which is a change. Some of THE osu guys are real a**holes with their ink .

Despite tOSU being punished, I hate the NCAA for screwing with the lives of young athletes like this. A lot of people are getting wealthy on the backs of amateur athletes who are putting their future health at risk every time they step on the field.

So ohio state is really 0-0 this year since the ncaa will make them vacate any wins that chase young participated in, right? Of course, it was a loan and not a Jetta.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

And how does a college kid on an athletic scholarship pay the loan back?

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Despite tOSU being punished, I hate the NCAA for screwing with the lives of young athletes like this. A lot of people are getting wealthy on the backs of amateur athletes who are putting their future health at risk every time they step on the field.
    God bless the NCAA for keeping this player safe on the sidelines. Phew.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Default THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

4-Game Suspension likely time be given to Young.

Next in line to step up. True Freshman Harrison has been doing pretty good, and the DL is stacked.

https://es.pn/2NQBeBq

Wut? I still have no idea what that has to do with Wisconsin losing to a terrible Illinois team?
    I guess I have to spell it out. Good Lord..

You chimed in to response I had given to Moliere where my response disagreed with the conference being average.

Still does not matter as pretty much the committee and everyone else has recognized The Buckeyes are a contender. All they have done is destroyed everyone they played. With a better SOS than Bama and Clemson and PSU. LSU is the top SOS ranked team at #6. Truthfully, they should be #1.

Wisconsin is ranked #28 which is ahead of Bama (56) and Clemson (59) and PSU (33). But go ahead with you BS retort that Wisc. sucks and has played no one.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/sec/2...dule-rankings/

Or we could go with ESPN’s power rankings which have the Buckeyes in the top spot.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...cs/teamratings

Gee. Wisconsin at #2 with SOS.
    https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-09-2019 at 08:44 AM.

I’m sure it’s the tip of the iceberg. Programs like Ohio State don’t win at the clip they do by playing fair.

With that 4 game suspension, they should be required to forfeit all games he played in and they should be counted as losses for this season. Sorry no conference championship game or CFP.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    With that 4 game suspension, they should be required to forfeit all games he played in and they should be counted as losses for this season. Sorry no conference championship game or CFP.
    Yep. He was ineligible to play during those games.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

That was the coolest onside kick I have ever seen..

https://youtu.be/bDGwzA0TQ3c

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-09-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    We all know that is never gonna happen.

We all know that is never gonna happen.

We can dream.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We can dream.
    LOL. Like I dream of Bama ever being caught for misdeeds.

If he paid it off before the season, I cannot see how he would even be ineligible. He is being punished for not reporting in the first place.

Now if it it was never paid..

Looks like the loan was related to his GF needing money to get to the Rose Bow last year. If so, he should have stayed out of it and let his GF get the loan.

“Ohio State is expected to appeal the suspension in hopes of getting it reduced to two games. Young explained on Twitter that he accepted the loan from a family friend he met the summer before his freshman year at Ohio State and repaid it in full last summer. That loan was related to travel expenses for Young’s girlfriend to travel to see Ohio State play in the Rose Bowl, The Athletic reported.”

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-s...al--138274875/

I guess I have to spell it out. Good Lord..

You chimed in to response I had given to Moliere where my response disagreed with the conference being average.

Still does not matter as pretty much the committee and everyone else has recognized The Buckeyes are a contender. All they have done is destroyed everyone they played. With a better SOS than Bama and Clemson and PSU. LSU is the top SOS ranked team at #6. Truthfully, they should be #1.

Wisconsin is ranked #28 which is ahead of Bama (56) and Clemson (59) and PSU (33). But go ahead with you BS retort that Wisc. sucks and has played no one.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/sec/2...dule-rankings/

Or we could go with ESPN’s power rankings which have the Buckeyes in the top spot.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...cs/teamratings

Gee. Wisconsin at #2 with SOS.
    https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

Lol. No, I actually just found it interesting that you were proclaiming Wisconsin to be some juggernaut after just losing to lowly Illinois.

Also, something is seriously wrong with that link stating that Wisconsin has the #2 SOS. They have played
    USF, Central Mich, Illinois, OSU, Mich. St., Kent St. and Iowa.

That isnt the #2 SOS.

Lol. No, I actually just found it interesting that you were proclaiming Wisconsin to be some juggernaut after just losing to lowly Illinois.

Also, something is seriously wrong with that link stating that Wisconsin has the #2 SOS. They have played
    USF, Central Mich, Illinois, OSU, Mich. St., Kent St. and Iowa.

That isnt the #2 SOS.
    I only shared what was out there.

2-Game Suspension. Will miss the game against Rutgers this weekend and will be back for the PSU game..

https://es.pn/3779yRN

2-Game Suspension. Will miss the game against Rutgers this weekend and will be back for the PSU game..

https://es.pn/3779yRN

Of course he doesn't miss any meaningful minutes. Free Yoeli!
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    How about screw the NCAA!! They serve no purpose but their own. Their swift punishments are so biased and self-righteous.

I kinda wish they would stand up to an Ohio St. Or Bama etc. so the big boys see what it is like to get screwed by them and essentially disband that piece of trash organization..

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-14-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Absolutely incredible. I loathe the NCAA.

Lol. You guys realize that the NCAA is quite literally all of the colleges and universities in the US that have sports teams? Yes, let’s eliminate the NCAA. Seems like a great plan.

Consistency in doling out punishment for rules violations is virtually impossible because what constitutes consistency or fairness is completely subjective. You couldn’t make everyone happy even if god himself were making the rulings from on high. Fans are irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Lol. You guys realize that the NCAA is quite literally all of the colleges and universities in the US that have sports teams? Yes, let’s eliminate the NCAA. Seems like a great plan.

Consistency in doling out punishment for rules violations is virtually impossible because what constitutes consistency or fairness is completely subjective. You couldn’t make everyone happy even if god himself were making the rulings from on high. Fans are irrational.
    I don't recall advocating getting rid of the NCAA....that doesn't mean I don't still loathe it. While I don't disagree that fairness can be subjective, I would love to hear your subjective analysis as to how 2 games in this situation can be reconciled with some of the other stiffer penalties for issues that were, at least on their face, lesser infractions.