Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1925

Thread: THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

is jt barrett the most overrated qb in college football history? was just looking the seahawks boxscore and it made me wonder.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

At least there is one smart fellow in Orem area.

My brother sent me this photo from 8th North off of State St. At the Orem Vasa Gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    is jt barrett the most overrated qb in college football history? was just looking the seahawks boxscore and it made me wonder.
    Put the Hippie Lettuce down SMR.. To go 38-6 and start when Braxton Miller went down and beat “MeatChicken” all 4 years is hard to think unless you are some idiot who allows his hatred to cloud his judgement.

He holds many school and Big Ten Conference records including most career passing touchdowns (104) and total touchdowns (147). He also passed Drew Brees for most career offensive yards, with 12,697.

Now the NFL. Yeah.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Lol at an Ohio State University.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    No way would some State University in Ohio do that to it own students and alumni. What are they, heartless?

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Lol at an Ohio State University.
    I looked at the refusal. It was issued on two grounds: (1) prior application and (2) faulty specimen. Both can be overcome. Issue (1) is the trickiest because the other filer was there first--unless the first filer abandons their application, OSU probably won't get their trademark registered. I imagine that OSU can simply pay off that applicant to abandon.

Issue (2) stems from a really boneheaded mistake. The example of use in commerce (called a specimen) that OSU filed was a t-shirt with THE printed across the front. It is well established that clothing decoration/ornamentation cannot function as a trademark. Whenever I file a trademark for clothing, I use a tag, label, or website as the specimen, almost never the clothing article itself. So whoever OSU hired is an amateur. This issue is simple to fix--just file a new specimen and certify that it was in use at the time of original filing (if that route is not available b/c there is no such specimen, there's another fairly simple filing to overcome the problem).

Bottom line--OSU will probably be able to get the trademark registered. Also, OSU is dumb for not hiring me.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    I looked at the refusal. It was issued on two grounds: (1) prior application and (2) faulty specimen. Both can be overcome. Issue (1) is the trickiest because the other filer was there first--unless the first filer abandons their application, OSU probably won't get their trademark registered. I imagine that OSU can simply pay off that applicant to abandon.

Issue (2) stems from a really boneheaded mistake. The example of use in commerce (called a specimen) that OSU filed was a t-shirt with THE printed across the front. It is well established that clothing decoration/ornamentation cannot function as a trademark. Whenever I file a trademark for clothing, I use a tag, label, or website as the specimen, almost never the clothing article itself. So whoever OSU hired is an amateur. This issue is simple to fix--just file a new specimen and certify that it was in use at the time of original filing (if that route is not available b/c there is no such specimen, there's another fairly simple filing to overcome the problem).

Bottom line--OSU will probably be able to get the trademark registered. Also, OSU is dumb for not hiring me.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Sigh. Not sure this was truly a test tonight. But I love the fact we are playing full throttle the entire game and have no bad quarters.

I hope the players do not buy into the hype..

The Ohio State band is really cool.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

That's awesome, but they're no "Power of the Wasatch."

Saturday they did one on Space exploration.

https://youtu.be/yE9b4TcFSfk

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Saturday they did one on Space exploration.

https://youtu.be/yE9b4TcFSfk

That was part of the video I linked!

My videos are safe, dude.

DB, that joke will never get old. Just roll with it.

And come on, I came here to say nice things about Ohio State!

You should just be happy I refrained from using profanity..

And Yes.. It is old. Beyond old. Like banging the bones that are now dust of the horse you have beaten to death.. OLD..

Still refraining..

You should just be happy I refrained from using profanity..

And Yes.. It is old. Beyond old. Like banging the bones that are now dust of the horse you have beaten to death.. OLD..

Still refraining..
    OK. I accept your apology for not reading my original post carefully.

backpack kid flossing seems way more complex, more intricate and more moving parts than the moon landing. So, on technical difficulty I say backpack kid flossing is cooler. On theme, I would say doing moon-landing related formations while playing songs about space is cooler.

Caveat: I have never been in a marching band so I have no idea what would be deemed cooler by band geeks and whether everyone moving in unison is actually easier or harder than lots of separate intricate moving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    backpack kid flossing seems way more complex, more intricate and more moving parts than the moon landing. So, on technical difficulty I say backpack kid flossing is cooler. On theme, I would say doing moon-landing related formations while playing songs about space is cooler.

Caveat: I have never been in a marching band so I have no idea what would be deemed cooler by band geeks and whether everyone moving in unison is actually easier or harder than lots of separate intricate moving parts.
    Neither one is too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Neither one is too difficult.
    Moon landing is way cooler.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Default THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Bless You Nick Bosa!!!! Like a True Buckeye..

https://es.pn/336lqAq

Last edited by dabrockster; 10-08-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Bless You Nick Boss!!!! Like True Buckeye..

Mayfield’s was way better.

Bosa is at home, so that makes no sense.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

This is my least favorite thread. It is right in front of all threads dedicated to Trump.

https://youtu.be/SwZ9UhZuGnA

The solution is to never say nice things about Ohio State.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    The solution is to never say nice things about Ohio State.
    Apparently!

Bless You Nick Bosa!!!! Like a True Buckeye..

That was lame. And he could do it 100 times and it still wouln't diminish the ass-kicking Mayfield gave THE OSU on their own field.