What is wrong with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Not a fan at all of Pelosi, but this ought to go in the "What's Wrong with Republicans?" thread, and I say that as a registered Republican since 1972.

Comment

• So - taking this from another thread...

If smoked meats are known to cause cancer (allegedly), are BBQ joints in California required to serve smoked meats with their famous "Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer" tags?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Not a fan at all of Pelosi, but this ought to go in the "What's Wrong with Republicans?" thread, and I say that as a registered Republican since 1972.
        RINO

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          So - taking this from another thread...

If smoked meats are known to cause cancer (allegedly), are BBQ joints in California required to serve smoked meats with their famous "Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer" tags?
          Is that what that was? I was flying from San Jose to Austin yesterday and in the jetway there was a sign stating that the area right next to the plane is an area known to contain chemicals that cause cancer. I thought that was bizarre.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
            RINO
            Ha, I often wonder if that isn't in fact the case. But I read or listen to a lot of George Will and Jonah Goldberg, among others, and retain a small flicker of hope that the Repubs will eventually wake up from this nightmare.

Comment

• What is wrong with California?

Eric Bauman is a douche

If Ted Cruz somehow got in n out to Houston I’d vote for him for life.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Eric Bauman is a douche

If Ted Cruz somehow got in n out to Houston I’d vote for him for life.
                If Ted Cruz somehow got In-n-Out out of Dallas I'd vote for him for life.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  So - taking this from another thread...

Yes. And probably also for their diet drinks.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    Is that what that was? I was flying from San Jose to Austin yesterday and in the jetway there was a sign stating that the area right next to the plane is an area known to contain chemicals that cause cancer. I thought that was bizarre.
                    A prop 65 warning. Isn't pure democracy a wonderful thing? And the really neat thing is that there are more than a few plaintiff's lawyers who have made a nice living from litigating against establishments that fail to post adequate warnings.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Well, at least Kim is doing SOMETHING besides moaning about Trump.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        A prop 65 warning. Isn't pure democracy a wonderful thing? And the really neat thing is that there are more than a few plaintiff's lawyers who have made a nice living from litigating against establishments that fail to post adequate warnings.
                        Adam Ford?
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I just got a Voter Information Guide for the County of Alameda where I lived up until June. They sent it to my address here in Idaho, it didn't get forwarded. Says I can sign up to vote by mail if I want. Makes me wonder.

And yes, I've registered to vote in Idaho and noted my previous address for whatever kind of notification they might make to the old voting district.

Comment

Are you even allowed to vote Repub in California?
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              Are you even allowed to vote Repub in California?
                              Not as often as I’d like as the open primary system frequently produces two Dems for the final. This actually isn’t as bad as it might seem since it tends to result in more moderate Democratic winner than might otherwise have been the case.

Comment

Not as often as I’d like as the open primary system frequently produces two Dems for the final. This actually isn’t as bad as it might seem since it tends to result in more moderate Democratic winner than might otherwise have been the case.
                                My vote this fall for Congress is between two Republicans. One labels himself a patriot and has a picture of a Minuteman on his signs. I'll be voting for the other guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X