No announcement yet.

What is wrong with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These what's wrong with CA posts are cute.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Making six figures and still qualifying for public housing...

In parts of the California’s Bay Area, $105,350 is now ‘low income’

The cost of living in the San Francisco’s Bay Area continues to rise, so much that a low end six-figure salary is now considered “low-income.”

In San Francisco and San Mateo Counties, a family of four making $105,350 or less is now considered low income by the federal government Department of Housing and Urban Development. That means they can qualify for affordable housing.

“They are eligible now to apply for housing through the local housing authority, be it Section 8, be it public housing, or other HUD-subsidized programs,” HUD Regional Public Affairs Officer and Homeless Liaison Ed Cabrera told KRON-TV.

To put this in perspective, the average household income for a family of four in the rest of the United States is $55,775. “Low income” families make $24,399 on average.
      [...]
      http://nbc4i.com/2017/04/25/in-parts...ow-low-income/

But the weather is great.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What the hell, California? You are "dragging down the nation"!

Lawyers sue California because too many children can't read

A group of prominent lawyers representing teachers and students from poor performing schools sued California on Tuesday, arguing that the state has done nothing about a high number of schoolchildren who do not know how to read.

The advocacy law firm, Public Counsel, filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court to demand the California Department of Education address its "literacy crisis." The state has not followed suggestions from its own report on the problem five years ago, the lawsuit said.

"When it comes to literacy and the delivery of basic education, California is dragging down the nation," said Public Counsel lawyer Mark Rosenbaum, who sued along with the law firm Morrison & Foerster.

Assessments found less than half of California students from third grade to fifth grade have met statewide literacy standards since 2015. Both traditional and charter schools are failing, Rosenbaum said.

Of the 26 lowest-performing districts in the nation, 11 are in California, according to the lawsuit. Texas, the largest state after California, has only one district among the 26.
        [...]
        Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/cal...#storylink=cpy
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• California needs to tax the hell out of the rich...

Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

Guess which state has the highest poverty rate in the country? Not Mississippi, New Mexico, or West Virginia, but California, where nearly one out of five residents is poor. That's according to the Census Bureau's Supplemental Poverty Measure, which factors in the cost of housing, food, utilities and clothing, and which includes noncash government assistance as a form of income.
          [...]
          http://beta.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...114-story.html

Good hell, Drumpf might start calling Cali a...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Please welcome the state of New California....

INDEPENDENCE DECLARED FROM CALIFORNIA JANUARY 15, 2018

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• california doesn’t exist outside of the yellow counties anyway
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                california doesn’t exist outside of the yellow counties anyway
                Yeah, maybe New Cali could just merge with Nevada.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Yeah, maybe New Cali could just merge with Nevada.
                  We'll take them. We need the agriculture.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Plus Disneyland and San Diego!
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• That means BART would be a multi state transportation system! That will be great for costs, I am sure
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        We'll take them. We need the agriculture.
                        And beachfront!
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          california doesn’t exist outside of the yellow counties anyway
                          Neither does its water supply.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• California’s Income Inequality Now Worse Than Mexico’s, Poverty Level Highest In America

Californians love sermonizing on the plight of America’s poor and disenfranchised—if only penny-pinching republicans would shell out for a bigger welfare state then all our problems would be solved. Why not build more homes for the homeless, or invest in better education for our kids? The state can solve the problem of poverty, they argue.

And to be fair, they’ve put their money where their mouth is: over the last few decades California has built one of America’s most lavish welfare states. There’s just one problem: it’s not working.
                            [...]
                            But it’s only when looking at the global context do you really get a sense of how bad it is. If California were an independent country, it would be the 17th most unequal country on earth, according to data from the World Bank. It would rest comfortably just behind the Honduras (at 0.511), and ahead of Guatemala (0.487) and Mexico (0.482).
                            Well, at least California is behind of Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries in being unequal so I guess it isn't classified as a 'sh*thole' on the Drumpfian scale of things. California (as well as NY) needs to step up the spending on welfare!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              California’s Income Inequality Now Worse Than Mexico’s, Poverty Level Highest In America

Well, at least California is behind of Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries in being unequal so I guess it isn't classified as a 'sh*thole' on the Drumpfian scale of things. California (as well as NY) needs to step up the spending on welfare!

That graphic is pretty useless since it isn't on a per capita basis. I am glad you kept it out of my maps thread.

Comment

• California Democrats want businesses to give half their tax-cut savings to state

http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/...f-12508742.php
                                One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                                SU

Comment

Working...
                                X