Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
    Thanks to BYU.
    Also, your conference tournament last year was televised thanks to BYU. And while you Zags are bitching about your shitty SD TV and lack of HD capabilities on your board, take a look at BYU's big blue HD truck and studio. Or better yet tune in and watch on our own network or in crystal clear HD online for free on your iPad or iPhone through our own app.
    Last edited by Surfah; 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

#10 Conference rating for the WCC really isn't as bad as you're making it out to be either...it could be worse, especially when two the teams in WCC are ranked in the Top-30 RPI(SMC & GU). To be honest, if you were to subtract the bottom-3 teams, it'd improve by leaps and bounds. Sure, there are a few really poor teams, yet the Conference as a whole is becoming more consistent and improving each year, something to be excited about. The recruiting rankings are going up every year as well. Teams like Santa Clara, LMU, et al are stealing kids away from Pac-12 schools and other big teams. Of course Gonzaga, St Mary's, BYU are in the National Spotlight and the '3-headed' monster will lead to good things for all teams within this Conference. Its on its way UP. No reason for the negativity.

Btw, the WCC might be a 3-bid conference again, which is VERY respectable.
      Last edited by higherroad; 01-09-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
        Thanks to BYU.
        Sure, your affiliation helps, but 'thanks to BYU' is a bit of stretch.

For instance, Gonzaga has had 7 games on ESPN and 1 game on CBS National so far this season(6 more ESPN games remain + WCC Tourney). BYU has been featured on ESPN 4 times this season.

Comment

The hoops team is still in the WCC? Shit.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by higherroad View Post
            #10 Conference rating for the WCC really isn't as bad as you're making it out to be either...it could be worse, especially when two the teams in WCC are ranked in the Top-30 RPI(SMC & GU). To be honest, if you were to subtract the bottom-3 teams, it'd improve by leaps and bounds. Sure, there are a few really poor teams, yet the Conference as a whole is becoming more consistent and improving each year, something to be excited about. The recruiting rankings are going up every year as well. Teams like Santa Clara, LMU, et al are stealing kids away from Pac-12 schools and other big teams. Of course Gonzaga, St Mary's, BYU are in the National Spotlight and the '3-headed' monster will lead to good things for all teams within this Conference. Its on its way UP. No reason for the negativity.

Btw, the WCC might be a 3-bid conference again, which is VERY respectable.
            And this shall be our battle cry!

(you seriously don't get why no one is excited to be part of the WCC?)

Comment

Is Gonzaga getting a football team soon, HR?

Comment

Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                Is Gonzaga getting a football team soon, HR?
                Outlook not so good.

Like many smaller colleges, Gonzaga's football program ended in the Fall of 1941, just before the U.S. entry into World War II, but not before producing two Pro Football Hall of Famers: Tony Canadeo '41 of the Green Bay Packers, and Ray Flaherty '26, head coach of the Washington Redskins. In addition, Flaherty recruited former Gonzaga football stars, Ed Justice, George "Automatic" Karamatic and Max Krause to play in the Redskins backfield. Gonzaga football ended due to declining enrollment of young male athletes.
                Gonzaga football: undefeated since 1941.

Comment

Why do you all feel compelled to maintain threads like this?
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Outlook not so good.

Gonzaga football: undefeated since 1941.
                    I see. I thought I might as well ask as the WAC is looking for new members. You guys would fit in well with DU and Seattle University after all.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Why do you all feel compelled to maintain threads like this?
                      This mantra towards me is really getting old and unnecessary, imo.

Its becoming a borderline gang-mentality to jump on me for posts/threads, yet if really take a moment to examine my posts, I think you may change your mind instead of just reading other posters comments -- have you noticed I'm always responding to direct statements, question, and/or comments made towards me. Isn't that the intent of a discussion forum? I am not being irrational, trolling, or making unsound arguments, I understand the WCC/GU facts may be annoying to BYU fans, yet my topics are relevant, factual, and positive. If anything, I spend a great deal of time attempting to improve the spirits around here considering so many BYU fans are depressed or upset with their Conference affiliation and my intent is to point out its not nearly as bad as they are perceiving it to be. This is becoming a very competitive conference, has one of the best ESPN contracts in the Country of ANY conference, and is benefiting from Gonzaga's 13 year run, St Mary's emergence, and BYU's addition. That is all -- are my contributions or questions really that bad, especially when I'm posting under threads specifically made for such banter/discussion?

If you don't like it, don't read it or comment. As you can tell, I'm excited for the potential rivalry this may become this year and beyond...
                      Last edited by higherroad; 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I see. I thought I might as well ask as the WAC is looking for new members. You guys would fit in well with DU and Seattle University after all.
                        Sarcasm?

Comment

Its becoming a borderline gang-mentality to jump on me for posts/threads, yet if really take a moment to examine my posts, I think you may change your mind instead of just reading other posters comments -- have you noticed I'm always responding to direct statements, question, and/or comments made towards me. Isn't that the intent of a discussion forum? I am not being irrational, trolling, or making unsound arguments, I argue the WCC/GU facts may be annoying to BYU fans, yet my topics are relevant, factual, and positive. If anything, I spend a great deal of time trying to improve the spirits around here considering so many BYU fans are depressed, upset, or frustrated with their Conference affiliation and my intent to point out -- its not nearly as bad as they are perceiving it to be. This is becoming a very competitive conference, has one of the best ESPN contracts in the Country of ANY conference, and is benefiting from Gonzaga's 13 year run, St Mary's emergence, and BYU's addition. That is all -- are my contributions or questions really so bad, especially when I'm posting under threads made for such banter/discussion?

If you don't like it, don't read it or comment.
                          I, for one, want to encourage your posting. Despite being Gonzaga centric, they are interesting and fun hypotheticals that will soon be answered.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Sarcasm?
                            Denver University is a great 13-3, and is going into a vaunted Sun Belt Conference schedule, similar to what Gonzaga does when they don't play SMC and BYU from what I see.

Seattle has been looking to join the WCC as well, they have that big KeyArena to their avail, which I believe Gonzaga uses once a year, no?

Both are private religious schools as well, they fit well.

Comment

Its becoming a borderline gang-mentality to jump on me for posts/threads, yet if really take a moment to examine my posts, I think you may change your mind instead of just reading other posters comments -- have you noticed I'm always responding to direct statements, question, and/or comments made towards me. Isn't that the intent of a discussion forum? I am not being irrational, trolling, or making unsound arguments, I argue the WCC/GU facts may be annoying to BYU fans, yet my topics are relevant, factual, and positive. If anything, I spend a great deal of time trying to improve the spirits around here considering so many BYU fans are depressed, upset, or frustrated with their Conference affiliation and my intent to point out -- its not nearly as bad as they are perceiving it to be. This is becoming a very competitive conference, has one of the best ESPN contracts in the Country of ANY conference, and is benefiting from Gonzaga's 13 year run, St Mary's emergence, and BYU's addition. That is all -- are my contributions or questions really so bad, especially when I'm posting under threads made for such banter/discussion?

If you don't like it, don't read it or comment.
                              Don't mind SU. He is just jealous because the Utes are bottom feeding in the PAC-whatever.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Denver University is a great 13-3, and is going into a vaunted Sun Belt Conference schedule, similar to what Gonzaga does when they don't play SMC and BYU from what I see.

Seattle has been looking to join the WCC as well, they have that big KeyArena to their avail, which I believe Gonzaga uses once a year, no?

Both are private religious schools as well, they fit well.
                                Actually, this is a good point as it relates to basketball, school size, & private religious affiliation. I was more referring to your WAC reference, which wouldn't be great fit; however, it more than interesting to consider Denver & SU joining the WCC -- they would be a good fit, especially DU, yet heard our Commissioner had ZERO interest in Seattle U when they asked for an invite. Intriguing.

Comment

Working...
                                X