X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start aging Christmas dinner

20151211_132039.jpg

20151211_132032.jpg
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• After 11 days of aging

"The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        After 11 days of aging

What time do we eat?

Comment

• Looks like it might have turned.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• that looks delicious
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Looks like it might have turned.
              It looks nasty, but it looks normal after you trim it. And it really drives up the flavor.

I trimmed the leathery surface last night, then rubbed a coating of olive oil, salt and rosemary over the surface. Then wrapped it in plastic wrap.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• image.jpg

Going into the oven.
                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Same here

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• You guys going oven? I put mine in the smoker a couple hours ago. Didn't take a before pic.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      You guys going oven? I put mine in the smoker a couple hours ago. Didn't take a before pic.
                      I haven't cooked prime rib in the smoker before. What wood do you use? Do you cook it the whole time in the Smoker?

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• We've got a 14 lb'er in the oven (Mrs. PAC will do a reverse sear) and we'll have 6 lbs of salmon on the smoker soon.

Comment

I haven't cooked prime rib in the smoker before. What wood do you use? Do you cook it the whole time in the Smoker?
                          I have had great luck doing that. I sear it in my oven for 20-25 minutes and then I finish it in my smoker. Tastes fabulous.

oak or hickory.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Out of the oven

After resting 30 minutes

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Wow. That was amazing. Great meal.

We did prime rib, homemade horseradish (hat tip to Alton Bown), various veggies, and au gratin potatoes. We copied this recipe, and the potatoes were unreal. http://www.onceuponachef.com/2014/12...au-gratin.html

Best part? Still have 3-4 lbs of prime rib leftovers Christmas morning steak and eggs.
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Sear in a pan, then smoke at 275 until inside is 130, FTC for about and hour. I forgot a picture but all 10 lbs are gone so it was mostly a success.

We've done it ever Xmas eve since I got a smoker.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X