Art, Design & Technology forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
    what a horrible idea. The fusebox has its place, and a design forum couldn't replace it.

That said, I support the idea of making JL create and juggle a new forum dedicated to design.
    What's to juggle?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      What's to juggle?
      dunno, but he always complains about creating new fora.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
        what a horrible idea. The fusebox has its place, and a design forum couldn't replace it.

That said, I support the idea of making JL create and juggle a new forum dedicated to design.
        I like the Fuse Box forum and did not propose this new forum to replace it. I simply think a forum that focuses on Art, Design & Technology or vice versa would get some play. I find lots of cool things to share about all of the above but, it often gets lost when I post in the Back Fence.
        Last edited by tooblue; 11-16-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with the Snooze Box. I just think that, given what a fuss Jeff makes about making new fora, the Snooze Box was going to be predictably underused. It is fine, but it just doesn't get much traffic. I would support its elimination if that would make it easier to implement Tooblue's idea

Comment

Ever wonder where Lady Gaga got the idea for her meat dress:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/8-fac...gas-meat-dress

Zhang Huan: Chinese Performance artist did it first:

http://www.coolhunting.com/images/MuscleMan.php

[YOUTUBE]KQTRI_eXo8M[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

That Victor Horta shot is breathtaking

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                I like the Fuse Box forum and did not propose this new forum to replace it. I simply think a forum that focuses on Art, Design & Technology or vice versa would get some play. I find lots of cool things to share about all of the above but, it often gets lost when I post in the Back Fence.
                I agree
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  That Victor Horta shot is breathtaking
                  I also love the Alexandre Charpentier dining room in the Musée d'Orsay ... it is mind boggling beautiful:

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collect...h%3D6f88da140f

Comment

Where do I post stuff like this ... it's science but, also art:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...29%29&pid=2407

It's not always obvious what it is that scientists find beautiful about a graph, microscope slide, soil sample or some other aspect of their work. It just looks like numbers, blobs or dirt to the rest of us. But sometimes a scientific result or product is so visually appealing, anyone would want to hang it on their wall as art.

Comment

Decoding Western art's buried messages

Decoding Western art's buried messages

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/17/world/...tml?hpt=hp_bn8

From the inscrutable prehistoric cave drawings inside the Chauvet Caves in Southern France to the abstract paintings of Jackson Pollock, artists have kept the intentions and significance of their work close to their chests.

Comment

Appetite for Art: Restoring Ancient Works With Hungry Bacteria

I guess I'll just keep posting this stuff here ...

Appetite for Art: Restoring Ancient Works With Hungry Bacteria

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/1...trestoremicro/

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Sad story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921

One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                            SU

Comment

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                              Looks like a Picasso now.
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                                Looks like a Picasso now.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X