No announcement yet.

The Public Bathroom Test for Gender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local restaurant makes it easier for folks that have transitioned to figure out which restroom to use...

Restaurant under fire for using pre, post transition photos of Caitlyn Jenner for bathroom signs

The owner of a Texas eatery is being called transphobic for photos of Caitlyn Jenner covering the bathroom doors in his establishment.

It began with a Facebook post from Dodie's Place Cajun Bar & Grill in August, boasting about the "newest members of the Dodie's crew." Accompanying the post was a photo of the restroom doors covered with photos of Jenner, pre and post-transition.

The women's bathroom featured a photo of Jenner, 68, on the cover of Vanity Fair. The door of the men's facilities was adorned with a picture of the former athlete at the 1976 Summer Olympics, before she came out as transgender.

Although the photos have been covering the restroom doors at Dodie's for several months, the controversy didn't really pick up any steam until Dallas Morning News reporter Dom DiFurio shared a photo of them on Twitter on Oct. 30.
    [...]
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3606438
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "Smile, You're On Camera" ... pretty sure that's illegal in bathrooms.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
      X