No announcement yet.

3-2-1 method for smoked ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 3-2-1 for me. Smoking at 250-275. Also have some moinks, pork shots, abt's, beans and pineapple sausages...

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Comment

• We're not worthy. DT is the king.

BTW, tell me about that crushed soda can.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            We're not worthy. DT is the king.

BTW, tell me about that crushed soda can.
            The crushed soda can is holding my meat probe. My pit probe has been acting up so I wanted to use the meat probe to have a backup. I couldn't find anything to keep the probe off the grate, so I used an empty soda can and ran the probe through it.
            "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Was this the inaugural smoke? Looks damn good.
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                Was this the inaugural smoke? Looks damn good.
                Yep, other than seasoning it after cleaning.

Comment

• Way to break it in!
                  I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Most people will avoid smoking with mesquite because it has a very strong flavor. I use mesquite only for grilling. For smoking ribs or butts I generally use apple wood. But if it worked for you then by all means do it again.
                    . Me too. I like fruit or nut woods for pork. Apple, cherry, pecan, hickory, etc. Even oak - but with oak watch your time in the smoke or it can get overpowering..

Now who can tell me how to make a perfect brisket every time?I love brisket but it's so hard to do well consistently, I've just about given up on trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by statman View Post
                      . Me too. I like fruit or nut woods for pork. Apple, cherry, pecan, hickory, etc. Even oak - but with oak watch your time in the smoke or it can get overpowering..

Now who can tell me how to make a perfect brisket every time?I love brisket but it's so hard to do well consistently, I've just about given up on trying.
                      Here you go:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...Brisket-Thread
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• So I've got a pork butt in the smoker at 225, and I've decided I also want to smoke a rack of ribs at the same time. Anyone have suggestions on how I ought to alter the 1.5-2-.75 intervals if I start out at 225?
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                          So I've got a pork butt in the smoker at 225, and I've decided I also want to smoke a rack of ribs at the same time. Anyone have suggestions on how I ought to alter the 1.5-2-.75 intervals if I start out at 225?
                          Just smoke them straight thru at 225. No crutch, no 3-2-1. If you're worried about them drying out spritz with apple juice every 30 minutes or so after they start to look dry.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Thanks. How long do you think a rack of ribs ought to take at 225?
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                              Thanks. How long do you think a rack of ribs ought to take at 225?
                              I would guess 4-5 hours.

Comment

• Perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X