No announcement yet.

Penn State pedophilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reading a few articles it looks like the legal threats from Penn St and the state of Pennsylvania is what is behind the reinstatement of wins and the restoration of scholarships and the post-season ban. Faced with legal threats the NCAA wilted.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Is this a recent statement? link?
      Disgusting is right.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...116-story.html
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
        Why should the NCAA be involved at all?
        One of its member institutions decided that winning football games was more important than protecting children from being raped. If they are okay with covering up child rape, I don't think it is a stretch to think that other NCAA violations occurred.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I'm not sure I get a lot of the hand wringing over this. USC was punished because they acted in a way that potentially allows a competitive advantage. Unless you think child buggery would be popular with recruits I don't think the same can be said for PSU.

Obviously what PSU did is a lot worse than what USC did, but that's not the issue. Rather, the issue is the NCAA's involvement in a criminal matter. They didn't get involved in the murder at Baylor, for example, even though the coach participated in a cover up (as I vaguely recall, anyway). The PSU stuff should have been solely a law enforcement issue unless the NCAA had built an argument regarding competitive advantage or some other non-criminal NCAA rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by woot View Post
            I'm not sure I get a lot of the hand wringing over this. USC was punished because they acted in a way that potentially allows a competitive advantage. Unless you think child buggery would be popular with recruits I don't think the same can be said for PSU.

Obviously what PSU did is a lot worse than what USC did, but that's not the issue. Rather, the issue is the NCAA's involvement in a criminal matter. They didn't get involved in the murder at Baylor, for example, even though the coach participated in a cover up (as I vaguely recall, anyway). The PSU stuff should have been solely a law enforcement issue unless the NCAA had built an argument regarding competitive advantage or some other non-criminal NCAA rule.
            And that's why the NCAA was sued for the Penn St penalty and not for the USC penalty. The NCAA was right to drop the hammer but they are likely being legally forced to settle. They should have made a gag order on the Paterno family part of the settlement for reinstating Paterno's wins. That statement is sickening.

Comment

• This is great news. Really happy for Penn State. Next up, get sandusky out of prison!
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I get a lot of the hand wringing over this. USC was punished because they acted in a way that potentially allows a competitive advantage. Unless you think child buggery would be popular with recruits I don't think the same can be said for PSU.

woot, stick to science brother. Evolution specifically. Stay away from legalese. you stink.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I'm curious if you feel the same way about the NFL and any action/nonaction it may take with respect to wife/girlfriend beatings. It presumably provides no competitive advantage. But even with that point, I'd concede that both institutions (NFL and NCAA) tend to act more as compelled by public outrage than by any institutional moral compass.

Comment

Not having a child buggery scandal taking place on the premises of your University, when one happened is a competitive advantage or at least the avoidance of a competitive disadvantage.

Comment

• Comment

• Is this like a re-honor? Like taking the statue out of storage? Speaking of Joe's statue, then Penn State President Rodney Erickson said:

were it to remain, the statue will be a recurring wound to the multitude of individuals across the nation and beyond who have been the victims of child abuse

Comment

• Welp.

http://wkrn.com/2017/02/13/sanduskys...exual-assault/
                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                            So sad. Most likely the son was abused and perpetuated that abuse. What a terrible sleezy family.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                              So sad. Most likely the son was abused and perpetuated that abuse. What a terrible sleezy family.
                              most likely Sandusky was abused himself. such a tragic cycle of behavior.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                most likely Sandusky was abused himself. such a tragic cycle of behavior.
                                Most likely Jerry Sandusky's kid was abused, too. What an awful thing.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X