Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas dining

Any recommendations?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Any recommendations?
    You mean besides all the great BBQ and Whataburger?

For Breakfast try:

Breadwinners on McKinney Ave.

Another Broken Egg on Greenville Ave (near SMU).

Lunch/Dinner:

Burger House on Hillcrest (near SMU). For those that claim that In-and-Out has the best burgers (BS) I noticed there is one going in just off I-635 just before you get to 75.

Nick and Sam's Grille on Cedar Springs.

The Asian Mint on Oak Lawn.

The Common Table of of Cedar Springs.

La Duni Latin Cafe on McKinney Ave

Mi Cocina in Highland Park.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm sticking my neck out here with this among the food snobs but I love Saltgrass.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        I'm sticking my neck out here with this among the food snobs but I love Saltgrass.
        I love the flavor of pat's ribeye at Saltgrass and the price is always right.
        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-27-2011, 07:44 AM. Reason: can't spell worth a sh*t
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Any recommendations?
          Anywhere that Uncle Ted will take you.

Comment

Any recommendations?
            Although it's heart attack on a plate, I had a friend take me to a place called Babe's Chicken. It was out of the way (no idea where it was), but it was pretty cool. They serve the food kitchen-table style and bring out excellent fried chicken, great biscuits and vegetables (creamed corn (gross) and green bean, mashed potatoes, etc.).

It was different, but it was really good.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Any recommendations?
              Chez MikeWaters. Farrah is an excellent cook. Seriously, the best I had in Dallas.
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                Although it's heart attack on a plate, I had a friend take me to a place called Babe's Chicken. It was out of the way (no idea where it was), but it was pretty cool. They serve the food kitchen-table style and bring out excellent fried chicken, great biscuits and vegetables (creamed corn (gross) and green bean, mashed potatoes, etc.).

It was different, but it was really good.
                AKA Bubbas...

http://www.babeschicken.com/bubbas-dallas.html

I have eaten at Babe's in Frisco. Gravy is not optional.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  You mean besides all the great BBQ and Whataburger?

For Breakfast try:

Breadwinners on McKinney Ave.

Another Broken Egg on Greenville Ave (near SMU).

Lunch/Dinner:

Burger House on Hillcrest (near SMU). For those that claim that In-and-Out has the best burgers (BS) I noticed there is one going in just off I-635 just before you get to 75.

Nick and Sam's Grille on Cedar Springs.

The Asian Mint on Oak Lawn.

The Common Table of of Cedar Springs.

La Duni Latin Cafe on McKinney Ave

Mi Cocina in Highland Park.
                  All look excellent (bookmarked for future trips), but ended up going to The Common Table. Everything we ordered was outstanding. Our waiter was dressed up as the Dude and was quoting The Big Lebowski all night. I decided to go with the chicken-fried ribeye. It was gigantic. Thanks, Ted!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

All look excellent (bookmarked for future trips), but ended up going to The Common Table. Everything we ordered was outstanding. Our waiter was dressed up as the Dude and was quoting The Big Lebowski all night. I decided to go with the chicken-fried ribeye. It was gigantic. Thanks, Ted!

I'm not even hungry and that makes my mouth water.

Comment

My guess is 2500 calories.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        My guess is 2500 calories.
                        My guess is delicious.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Anywhere that Uncle Ted will take you.
                          Sounds like it is Whattaburger then!
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

I'm glad you liked it. Here are some other places I thought of to add to the list for the next time you are in town (ie. Armed Forces Bowl):

Stratos Greek Taverna on NW highway and Webb Chapel. Greek food, if you are into that stuff.

Serious Pizza in deep vellum on elm st. Some of the better pizza.

Baker's Ribs on Greenville. Ribs and other BBQ.

Captain Nemo's in Irving. Good Steak Sandwiches.

Po Melvin's in Irving. "Down home cookin' sooo good it'll make ya wanna slap you mama"
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              I'm glad you liked it. Here are some other places I thought of to add to the list for the next time you are in town (ie. Armed Forces Bowl):
                              They are going to be out of town that week.

I forgot to mention that on the night of the TCU game we went to Rudy's on the way to the stadium. It was full of BYU fans.

Thanks for the additional suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X