No announcement yet.

BYU vs TCU 2011: The long-haired assassin goes to Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this TCU game will be one of the more competitive games BYU will have had with TCU in the recent few years.

MY greatest concern is that Riley doesn't get broken in half. Love his competitiveness, but it's not like the dude is built like Cam Newton. So...here's to Riley staying healthy.
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
      Calling the rest of the numbers a wash, these are the ones that, IMO, bode well for BYU. TCU's red zone D and 3rd down conversion D, especially.
      I agree.
      *Banned*

Comment

Josh Boyce against the Corby Eason / Travis Uale under/over pu pu platter scares the shit out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Yeah. We know the same things about BYU before Idaho State as we did after.
          Actually I thought we learned that Jake Heaps/Brandon Doman's-playcalling-when-Jake-Heaps-is-in can rise to levels of suckitude that even us cynics couldn't have imagined.
          I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
          -smokymountainrain

Menden Hall Hates Me.

Comment

Riley is going to get his chance to meet a linebacker named Tank. Truly a match made in heaven.

This is Riley's big chance to make his bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              Riley is going to get his chance to meet a linebacker named Tank. Truly a match made in heaven.

This is Riley's big chance to make his bones.
              Luckily for us, Tanner Brock is out for the year. He and Carder are pure nastiness together.

Comment

Originally posted by Cougarmandias View Post
                Actually I thought we learned that Jake Heaps/Brandon Doman's-playcalling-when-Jake-Heaps-is-in can rise to levels of suckitude that even us cynics couldn't have imagined.
                I had similar thoughts. Especially after the very first play they run. Nothing like calling that long out that Jake threw short on the first play to get a QB's timing and confidence going. I like Doman. I think he's a good coach and good recruiter. But I didn't expect the growing pains we'd see out of him in regards to playcalling.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

This is Riley's big chance to break his bones.
                  Fixed it for you...
                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                  - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Borg View Post
                    I think this TCU game will be one of the more competitive games BYU will have had with TCU in the recent few years.

MY greatest concern is that Riley doesn't get broken in half. Love his competitiveness, but it's not like the dude is built like Cam Newton. So...here's to Riley staying healthy.
                    One of my lds buddies commented that Riley doesn't need to wear a flack jacket because he has the armor of god. I spit my drink (sprite and Hawaiian punch of course) all over my new carpet. Good times against ISU!

Comment

Originally posted by Cougarmandias View Post
                      So true. Doman is subconsciously sabbotaging BYU's offense when Jake is in.
                      "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

I had similar thoughts. Especially after the very first play they run. Nothing like calling that long out that Jake threw short on the first play to get a QB's timing and confidence going. I like Doman. I think he's a good coach and good recruiter. But I didn't expect the growing pains we'd see out of him in regards to playcalling.
                        Not to take this to a new thread but Doman clearly called a different game for Jake. He obviously expects more out of Jake based on the level of difficulty in his play calling. Either that or he is trying to sabotage Jakes career.
                        *Banned*

Comment

I love Tank. He plays the position like it's meant to be played. I'm super excited for this game. I only hope that my 110" projection screen has been installed by then. If it has you're all invited over. Pay no mind to the fact that only half the room is framed and the couches (waiting to choose my home theater seats) suck.

Comment

Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
                            One of my lds buddies commented that Riley doesn't need to wear a flack jacket because he has the armor of god. I spit my drink (sprite and Hawaiian punch of course) all over my new carpet. Good times against ISU!

I suppose it just wasn't activated last year when he got hurt.
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Is Doman aware that there is no rule that a reciever must be outside the tackle box?
                              I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
                              -smokymountainrain

Menden Hall Hates Me.

Comment

I love Tank. He plays the position like it's meant to be played. I'm super excited for this game. I only hope that my 110" projection screen has been installed by then. If it has you're all invited over. Pay no mind to the fact that only half the room is framed and the couches (waiting to choose my home theater seats) suck.
                                I love everything about Tank except his lame ass armbands.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X