No announcement yet.

Amazon is taking over the free world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Chicago
      Pros: beautiful mid September to late mid September weather, deathbed-level desperation
      Cons: Building costs 5x national average due to bribery and kevlar
      Got an actual lol here.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Personally, I think it will come down to Dallas and Austin... I hope they don't compromise in the middle and end up in Waco.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Personally, I think it will come down to Dallas and Austin... I hope they don't compromise in the middle and end up in Waco.
          I bet DC or Montgomery County. Massive low-wage labor force near the center of power.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            I’m biased but I thought the same thing. The whole no income tax thing helps and relatively low housing cost with a lot of room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

LOL Prime Minister Zoolander.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                LOL Prime Minister Zoolander.
                Yeah, I’m still laughing at that line too. So perfect.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

And the winners are: Virginia (Crystal City) and New York (Long Island City)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-....co/c1lKmeQinX

Not too surprising although I’d have thought they’d go Texas over NYC
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Where are all the mormon interns going to live now that Crystal City has gone to Amazon???

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Yeah, NYC is not even happy about this development....

What did Amazon do for Seattle besides put a Starbucks on every corner?

:anger:
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Amazon is flirting with being the biggest company in the world. Their market cap is neck and neck with Apple for number 2 right now. Microsoft isn't too far ahead of them. Could happen as soon as today. Seems crazy for a company that is hit and miss on profits. The title of this thread is pretty appropriate though.

Comment

I'm becoming convinced that Amazon will need to be broken up. It will be difficult but necessary. They play from a different set of rules than everyone they compete with. The only way to level the playing field is to blow them up.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                            I'm becoming convinced that Amazon will need to be broken up. It will be difficult but necessary. They play from a different set of rules than everyone they compete with. The only way to level the playing field is to blow them up.
                            Ok Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Ok Donald.
                              Weird post of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                                Amazon is flirting with being the biggest company in the world. Their market cap is neck and neck with Apple for number 2 right now. Microsoft isn't too far ahead of them. Could happen as soon as today. Seems crazy for a company that is hit and miss on profits. The title of this thread is pretty appropriate though.
                                Finally happened:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/amaz...s-largest.html

Comment

Working...
                                X