Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon is taking over the free world

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Chicago
    Pros: beautiful mid September to late mid September weather, deathbed-level desperation
    Cons: Building costs 5x national average due to bribery and kevlar
    Got an actual lol here.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Personally, I think it will come down to Dallas and Austin... I hope they don't compromise in the middle and end up in Waco.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Personally, I think it will come down to Dallas and Austin... I hope they don't compromise in the middle and end up in Waco.
    I bet DC or Montgomery County. Massive low-wage labor force near the center of power.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I’m biased but I thought the same thing. The whole no income tax thing helps and relatively low housing cost with a lot of room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

LOL Prime Minister Zoolander.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    LOL Prime Minister Zoolander.
    Yeah, I’m still laughing at that line too. So perfect.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

And the winners are: Virginia (Crystal City) and New York (Long Island City)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-....co/c1lKmeQinX

Not too surprising although I’d have thought they’d go Texas over NYC
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

Where are all the mormon interns going to live now that Crystal City has gone to Amazon???

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

Yeah, NYC is not even happy about this development....

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Amazon is flirting with being the biggest company in the world. Their market cap is neck and neck with Apple for number 2 right now. Microsoft isn't too far ahead of them. Could happen as soon as today. Seems crazy for a company that is hit and miss on profits. The title of this thread is pretty appropriate though.

I'm becoming convinced that Amazon will need to be broken up. It will be difficult but necessary. They play from a different set of rules than everyone they compete with. The only way to level the playing field is to blow them up.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    I'm becoming convinced that Amazon will need to be broken up. It will be difficult but necessary. They play from a different set of rules than everyone they compete with. The only way to level the playing field is to blow them up.
    Ok Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Ok Donald.
    Weird post of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    Amazon is flirting with being the biggest company in the world. Their market cap is neck and neck with Apple for number 2 right now. Microsoft isn't too far ahead of them. Could happen as soon as today. Seems crazy for a company that is hit and miss on profits. The title of this thread is pretty appropriate though.
    Finally happened:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/amaz...s-largest.html

Carlos Danger? Is that you?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

RIP National Enquirer. Their current deal to not be prosecuted for their admitted involvement in breaking campaign finance law is dependent on not breaking any more laws. Stupid on their part to get into extortion. Not sure why it would be so important for them specifically to go after Bezos. I mean, sure it's a story on its own. But then why the bizarre threat made to him if he didn't stop investigating how they got the pictures, and also the demand he make a statement saying the story wasn't "politically motivated?" Wouldn't that shine a spotlight on it in a way to say it was politically motivated? Weird logic, but reminds me of the way the mind of someone in the White House who doesn't like Bezos or the Washington Post seems to work. Just sayin.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/08/opini...nig/index.html
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-08-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    RIP National Enquirer. Their current deal to not be prosecuted for their admitted involvement in breaking campaign finance law is dependent on not breaking any more laws. Stupid on their part to get into extortion. Not sure why it would be so important for them specifically to go after Bezos. I mean, sure it's a story on its own. But then why the bizarre threat made to him if he didn't stop investigating how they got the pictures, and also the demand he make a statement saying the story wasn't "politically motivated?" Wouldn't that shine a spotlight on it in a way to say it was politically motivated? Weird logic, but reminds me of the way the mind of someone in the White House who doesn't like Bezos or the Washington Post seems to work. Just sayin.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/08/opini...nig/index.html
    I read Bezos' people think the Inquirer got the texts from a government source.

Also Ronan Farrow says he was blackamiled as well

https://theweek.com/speedreads/82265...ried-blackmail

Also Ronan Farrow says he was blackamiled as well

https://theweek.com/speedreads/82265...ried-blackmail
    A government source? Wow.

OMG... I knew it was the CIA.

Doesn't the fact that Bezos is suing the Inquirer confirm the fact that he was dumb enough to take dick pics and send them to his hot mistress? Who then shared the pics with her Drumpf loving brother...

Bezos’ Investigators Question the Brother of His Mistress, Lauren Sanchez, in National Enquirer Leak Probe
    Michael Sanchez is an outspoken Trump supporter with ties to Roger Stone and Carter Page.

Jeff Bezos’ top personal security consultant has questioned his mistress’ brother as part of the probe into how the couple’s text messages wound up in the hands of the National Enquirer.

Gavin de Becker, the Amazon chief’s longtime personal security consultant and the point person for the investigation, confirmed to The Daily Beast on Wednesday that his probe has scrutinized Michael Sanchez, the brother of Bezos mistress Lauren Sanchez and a personal and business associate of Trumpworld figures including Roger Stone, Carter Page, and Scottie Nell Hughes.
    [...]
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/bezos-...rer-leak-probe

Important safety tip: don't text dick pics to your mistress that has a Drumpf loving brother.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

OMG... I knew it was the CIA.

Doesn't the fact that Bezos is suing the Inquirer confirm the fact that he was dumb enough to take dick pics and send them to his hot mistress? Who then shared the pics with her Drumpf loving brother...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bezos-...rer-leak-probe

Important safety tip: don't text dick pics to your mistress that has a Drumpf loving brother.

"Stone confirmed his association with Sanchez in text messages with The Daily Beast on Wednesday evening. “I do know Michael Sanchez—very good guy,” he wrote. Stone proceeded to deny that he hacked Bezos’ phone. When The Daily Beast pointed out that it had never suggested or asked if he had, Stone replied, “You are busted. You are not a journalist. No one believes anything you write.”

LOL. Oops. Roger steps in it.

N.Y. HQ2? Maybe not...

Facing opposition, Amazon reconsiders N.Y. headquarters site, two officials say

Amazon.com is reconsidering its plan to bring 25,000 jobs to a new campus in New York City, according to two people familiar with the company's thinking, following a wave of political and community opposition.

Hailed as an economic triumph when it was announced by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) and Mayor Bill de Blasio (D), the project now faces withering criticism from some elected officials and advocacy groups appalled at the prospect of giving giant subsidies to the world’s most valuable company, led by its richest man. (Amazon founder and chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos also owns The Washington Post.)

In the past two weeks, the state Senate nominated an outspoken Amazon critic to a state board where he could potentially veto the deal, and City Council members for the second time aggressively challenged company executives at a hearing where activists booed and unfurled anti-Amazon banners. K ey officials, including freshman U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), whose district borders the proposed Amazon site, have railed against the project.
    [...]
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c98_story.html

Jobs? Who needs jobs? AOC has told her constituents that they will have economic security even if they are unwilling to work.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!