Official Chicago Blackhawks thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Chicago Blackhawks thread

I figure if landpoke can start an official Nuggets thread, I can start an official Blackhawks thread. It was a huge disappointment seeing the Blackhawks lose at home last night.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

*yawn*

Hockey is for the birds.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

It is nice to see that the franchise has gotten some life into it.

They have been pretty resilient. I've been pretty impressed with them so far. They come back to win several games and don't seem to give up.

Having said that, I think Vancouver is a pretty tough team right now. I was really surprised they swept the Blues considering how hot the blues were the last half of the season.

And even though I'm not a blackhawk fan, I must say that they probably have the coolest jersey of any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        I figure if landpoke can start an official Nuggets thread, I can start an official Blackhawks thread. It was a huge disappointment seeing the Blackhawks lose at home last night.
        That game was vintage Canucks hockey. I'm surprised how well they played without Sami Salo. The Hawks need to take better care of the puck and continue to stay out of the penalty box.
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Blackhawks are tough.

They came back again.

I'm amazed how mentally tough these guys are.

Comment

How in the world are you guys all fans of teams in different markets?

Junkie loves the Giants (grew up in Bay Area which I get), but loves the Spurs and Dolphins.

Funk loves the Falcons, A's, Trailblazers, and now Blackhawks?

What gives? Is this what happens to people who grow up outside a city with sports teams?
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post

Junkie loves the Giants (grew up in Bay Area which I get), but loves the Spurs and Dolphins.

What gives? Is this what happens to people who grow up outside a city with sports teams?
              Growing up in the Bay Area my options were:

Giants or A's in baseball: The choice was obvious

49ers or Raiders in football: I never really liked either one, all of my uncles, cousins etc are huge 49er fans, except one who is the biggest raider fan you have ever seen, he is the wrap your black truck with the Raiders logo type of fan. He is passionate about two things in life the Raiders and KISS. He is 35 and his house is covered in memorabilia from both. In the first grade I always thought it was cool to see the old guys that loved the same team since childhood. So I decided to pick a team and stick with it. I chose the Dolphins, I really have no reason why I chose them but I have stuck with them ever since and become what I would call a die hard fan.

Kings or Warriors in basketball: I used to follow the Run TMC warriors days but I was never a big warriors fan. When I was 6 my aunt, uncle and cousin moved from San Antonio and they gave me a Spurs shirt. The next year they drafted the Admiral and I have been a fan ever since.
              Last edited by cougjunkie; 05-08-2009, 09:02 AM.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                I never really liked either one, all of my uncles, cousins etc are huge 49er fans, except one who is the biggest raider fan you have ever seen, he is the wrap your black track with the Raiders logo type of fan. He is passionate about two things in life the Raiders and KISS. He is 35 and his house is covered in memorabilia from both. In the first grade I always thought it was cool to see the old guys that loved the same team since childhood.
                You just described FN Phat's truck. Blacked out. Even has custom black headlight housings and a low profile black diamond plate tool box in the bed with a huge black Raiders decal in the rear window. Subtle and nice.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

I can explain Funk's choices: He's a masochist who enjoys being punched in the junk.
                  There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                  Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                  …
                  Tomorrow is Saturday
                  And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    Blackhawks are tough.

They came back again.

I'm amazed how mentally tough these guys are.
                    For such a young, inexperienced team, they show a lot of fight and grit.

They outplayed Vancouver last night, and it would've been a true testament to how great Luongo is if they had won 1-0, but in the end, they pulled it out, and I'm very happy for them.
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      For such a young, inexperienced team, they show a lot of fight and grit.

They outplayed Vancouver last night, and it would've been a true testament to how great Luongo is if they had won 1-0, but in the end, they pulled it out, and I'm very happy for them.
                      Luongo was the only one keeping them in the game. He had some great saves. The Blackhawks out played them all night and just never gave up.

Comment

It is amazing how much the death of one person has helped an organization so much.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          It is amazing how much the death of one person has helped an organization so much.
                          The transformation has been truly shocking. The emergence of guys like Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, and Versteeg to go along with superstars Toews and Kane didn't hurt, either.

Raider fans are praying for Al Davis to keel over.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                            Raider fans are praying for Al Davis to keel over.
                            Amen. Every night I do.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Atlanta Falcons: I jumped around NFL teams when I was younger and decided it was time to finally pick a team. I became a Falcons fan around 1996 because of Jamal Anderson.

Chicago Blackhawks: one of the great mistakes I have ever made was becoming a Blackhawks fan. I started to get into hockey around 1993 largely from playing NHL hockey on the Genesis. I liked playing with the Blackhawks because of Roenick, Chelios, and Belfour. Those 3 players quickly became my favorite players and the Blackhawks proceeded to trade all 3 over contract disputes. Finally, Bill Wirtz died and it is making being a Blackhawks fan fun again.

Oakland A's: became a baseball fan because of the book Moneyball so I adopted the Oakland A's.

Trailblazers: I grew to love the team when in Portland and they just kind of took over for the Jazz as my favorite team.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                              X