I might get into boxing again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might get into boxing again

Floyd Mayweather is coming back and he's fighting Juan Manuel Marquez, which is supposed to be a decent fight. Hopefully Mayweather wins so we can get the fight everyone wants to see: Manny Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one seems good for boxing-related posts.

Kevin Iole posted a story on his Yahoo blog about Jim Brown (the former NFL running back) wanting to box Muhammad Ali back in the 1960s. Bob Arum, who was friends with Brown, approached Ali with the idea:

So I went to talk to Ali. He says, 'Jim wants to do what? Bring him here.' So I took him to Hyde Park in London, where Ali used to run. Ali said, 'Jimmy, here's what we're going to do: You hit me as hard as you can.' So Brown starts swinging and swinging, and he can't hit him. He's swinging wildly and not even coming close. This goes on for, like, 30 seconds. Then Ali hits him with this quick one-two to his face. Jimmy just stops and says, 'OK, I get the point.'
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Being in the Philippines for a Pacquaio fight is quite the experience. I can't to get home, but I'm looking forward to the event.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one seems good for boxing-related posts.

Kevin Iole posted a story on his Yahoo blog about Jim Brown (the former NFL running back) wanting to box Muhammad Ali back in the 1960s. Bob Arum, who was friends with Brown, approached Ali with the idea:
        That is a great story
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Mitt Romney is ringside for the Pacquiao fight. Lol. Metta World Peace just ran over to shake his hand. Very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
            Mitt Romney is ringside for the Pacquiao fight. Lol. Metta World Peace just ran over to shake his hand. Very odd.
            Maybe he'll pursue a career as a fight promoter in his retirement. "Only in America..."
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

This a great fight. Great 5th round. I'm watching with about 300 people and is deafening loud.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

wow. crazy good fight. each fighter with a KO through 5. lot's of action.

Comment

Manny is destroying him right now.

Comment

marquez's nose is broken. and bleeding wide open.

Comment

Looks like Marquez has a broken nose.

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
                        wow. crazy good fight. each fighter with a KO through 5.
                        Huh?
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Wow.

Comment

It's over! Marquez KOs Pacman like a classic Mexican fighter. With a body blows.

Comment

the over-hand right destroyed Pacquiao. He was out for 3-4 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X