Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    in another dimension an apostrophe is proper grammar for plural
    Not in any dimensions I'm associated with.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
      Not in any dimensions I'm associated with.
      Clack is in all dimensions...infinite... all is possible and everything means nothing
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• I know you guyes mo... don't have a good reply to an answer... and you revert to grammar bullying.

Just another day around here.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
          I know you guyes mo... don't have a good reply to an answer... and you revert to grammar bullying.

Just another day around here.

I just posted it as an FYI. I report, you decide.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• First Sunday in I don't know how long where BYU has a big win and Utah a loss, and church is canceled. There is no God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              First Sunday in I don't know how long where BYU has a big win and Utah a loss, and church is canceled. There is no God.
              Welcome. Let's talk starter beer styles.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• LOL at you atheists and non-believers.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...RwiGWiV03m3BFs

The more religious that married couples are and the more they engage in faith-related activities at home, the happier they say they are with their sex lives, according to a new study by researchers at BYU and Baylor University.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  LOL at you atheists and non-believers.

I worship at the temple of my wife's body. Does that count?
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

I'm a believer, so this does not apply to me. RNGesus' randomness is sufficient for us all.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

"Although results are cross-sectional and sequential causation should not be inferred, such mediation is consistent with the relational spirituality framework. This framework asserts that marital sanctification and religious activity contribute to the maintenance of family relationships. In this particular study, sanctification and in-home religious activities were associated with marital dynamics (relationship maintenance behaviors and spousal time) and protective relational beliefs (commitment), which were then associated with sexualsatisfaction. Such mediation may explain why religiosity and marital sexualsatisfaction may be linked despite being seemingly unrelated constructs. Religious activity or sanctification may not directly relate to the sexual functioning and satisfaction of couples. Instead, religiosity might change the marital scripts of spouses. It might encourage them to shift their marital dynamics toward attitudes and behaviors that enhance intimacy generally and sexual functioning specifically within the relationship. Put another way, joint religious activities and sanctification may provide a foundation on which marriedcouples can build and maintain meaningful and positive interactions with each other (Mahoney, 2010). Such positive interactions will likely benefit such couples in many areas of their lives, including their sexual intimacy.As we discuss these findings, we should acknowledge, however, that the association between religiosity and sexual satisfaction have small magnitudes. The indirect relationship magnitudes from spouses’ religious variables to participants’ sexual satisfaction were likewise small. We will discuss this issue further in the limitations section."
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                        I'm a believer, so this does not apply to me. RNGesus' randomness is sufficient for us all.
                        Yeah, but you worship RNGesus with your son. This study is about couples.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          "Although results are cross-sectional and sequential causation should not be inferred, such mediation is consistent with the relational spirituality framework. This framework asserts that marital sanctification and religious activity contribute to the maintenance of family relationships. In this particular study, sanctification and in-home religious activities were associated with marital dynamics (relationship maintenance behaviors and spousal time) and protective relational beliefs (commitment), which were then associated with sexualsatisfaction. Such mediation may explain why religiosity and marital sexualsatisfaction may be linked despite being seemingly unrelated constructs. Religious activity or sanctification may not directly relate to the sexual functioning and satisfaction of couples. Instead, religiosity might change the marital scripts of spouses. It might encourage them to shift their marital dynamics toward attitudes and behaviors that enhance intimacy generally and sexual functioning specifically within the relationship. Put another way, joint religious activities and sanctification may provide a foundation on which marriedcouples can build and maintain meaningful and positive interactions with each other (Mahoney, 2010). Such positive interactions will likely benefit such couples in many areas of their lives, including their sexual intimacy.As we discuss these findings, we should acknowledge, however, that the association between religiosity and sexual satisfaction have small magnitudes. The indirect relationship magnitudes from spouses’ religious variables to participants’ sexual satisfaction were likewise small. We will discuss this issue further in the limitations section."
                          As a professor of languages, why do you believe they used the terms "small magnitudes?" Isn't a magnitude, small or otherwise immense?

For example, couldn't it be said that the Great Salt Lake is a body of water of small magnitude, as compared to Lake Michigan.

IMO, you undermine your attempt to undermine by highlighting that particular sentence.
                          Last edited by tooblue; 04-24-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Yeah, but you worship RNGesus with your son. This study is about couples.
                            We are both religious. She also is a disciple of RNGesus, although I am more faithful. We engage in faith based activities in our home multiple times a day (i.e. clicking on a Pokemon to see if it is shiny). The study does apply to us.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              What I don't get is why they say not to infer causation, and then make a case for indirect causation.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                As a professor of languages, why do you believe they used the terms "small magnitudes?" Isn't a magnitude, small or otherwise immense?

For example, couldn't it be said that the Great Salt Lake is a body of water of small magnitude, as compared to Lake Michigan.

IMO, you undermine your attempt to undermine by highlighting that particular sentence.
                                Well, since they discuss those facts as limitations of the study and their conclusions, I'd disagree. As for your question about the meaning of magnitude, while it might mean that in an etymological sense of meg/magnus- and -tude (abstract noun suffix) = greatness, it's long been a synonym in scientific literature (especially astronomy) for size, and it's a straight synonym when discussing the "magnitude" of an earthquake. Now, you could make an argument that those uses (stars and earthquakes) are chosen due to the immense size/weight/energy of things being measured, but this is talking about effect size of marriage and religiosity on sexual satisfaction in a social science research paper. I'd say that small magnitude in those terms reflects on the magnitude (size) of the phenomenon being studied.
                                There was also this:

tooblue.jpg
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X