PAC12 Got Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    Utes, don't take this bait. We have done a good job for the most part of staying out of the Big 12 anxiety thread. Let's continue to not go there and not get into this.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      54-10
      LOL, how's that working for you? LOL
      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
      - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
        Great. A 12 year old found the board.

Comment

Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
          I am enjoying playing top notch competition. Sucks to be 0-3 on conference, but we will get some wins before it is all said and done. How was your game tonight? Somewhat like going to the dentist?.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I am enjoying playing top notch competition. Sucks to be 0-3 on conference, but we will get some wins before it is all said and done. How was your game tonight? Somewhat like going to the dentist?.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

We didn't get drilled, so no. More like going in for a physical with a doctor with huge hands and old man hand strength.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

your piece of shit team
                  Not so fast my friend. 4-2. Likely bowl bound. Cementing ourselves as ESPN's independent darling. Feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    Not so fast my friend. 4-2. Likely bowl bound. Cementing ourselves as ESPN's independent darling. Feels good.
                    Don't get too fat on those cupcakes

-Rick Majerus

Comment

The Utes would be playing better with Wynn in

And BYU would be 5-1 if Nelson would have been starting from the first game of the season.

Colorado sucks major rod.

you guys need to chill.
                      "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine"

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                        They invited the wrong team, clearly.

They got a high school football stadium, a downgrade to their academic profile, and a trojan horse culture that's basically the same as BYU's.

Whoops.
                        Who the hell were they supposed to invite then?

Comment

Look, I'm really not ripping on the U as much as the PAC12...I wanted the thread title to include "...by themselves" but thought that too long.

Utah has a 70% LDS student body. Sure, you can say what you want about the differences in academic freedom, etc., but at the end of the day, the PAC12 basically got a smaller, less prestigious, lower quality BYU by inviting Utah.

It was a bone headed decision. You guys made the right choice to join, but how much longer can your recruiting take being the doormat? Your coach?

I also think that Whit is a great coach at the wrong shop. He has some bad karma going against him at Utah, having been a total traitor to his alma mater.

We'll take him back after Bronco resigns in a year or two

Comment

Wow, wrong year to be talking trash! 54-10

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMontana View Post
                              It can't be a bad year to talk when your rival is 2-3 and 0-3 in their new, exciting conference as long as you're willing to admit your team is a POS as well. If you're smart enough to realize your team sucks ass as well, then the 54-10 means nothing.

The fact is, the utes have been terrible, embarrassing and a major disappointment so far. That's funny. Hell, their best win of the season (granted, they've only had two) was a blowout against Jake Heaps. Certainly nothing to be proud of.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMontana View Post
                                Banned.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X