Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PAC12 Got Screwed

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Another article on how the PAC12 isn't any good at anything though the author misses out on the main point that everything sucked after they added Utah.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...compete-on-it/
    BYU should offer $240MM in cash for full membership. It's not the $500MM the PAC is looking for but they don't have to give up any equity for it. BYU is an extra mouth to feed but also brings added value/content that mostly offsets what the PAC will have to pay out. A 10% equity owner, especially if its a hedge fund type, would be a much bigger mouth to feed.

The PAC pays out $30MM/year to its members for media rights. You would offset that against what BYU is currently getting ($8MM - $10MM) for a net of $20MM improvement on that side. Other revenues should increase as well (attendence in both basketball and football). The ROI would be less than 10 years.

This is BYU's opportunity. All of the talk about our "fit" in the PAC 12 goes out the window if we are the answer to a financial problem.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    BYU should offer $240MM in cash for full membership. It's not the $500MM the PAC is looking for but they don't have to give up any equity for it. BYU is an extra mouth to feed but also brings added value/content that mostly offsets what the PAC will have to pay out. A 10% equity owner, especially if its a hedge fund type, would be a much bigger mouth to feed.

The PAC pays out $30MM/year to its members for media rights. You would offset that against what BYU is currently getting ($8MM - $10MM) for a net of $20MM improvement on that side. Other revenues should increase as well (attendence in both basketball and football). The ROI would be less than 10 years.

This is BYU's opportunity. All of the talk about our "fit" in the PAC 12 goes out the window if we are the answer to a financial problem.
    I’ll chip in $10 to make this happen.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    I’ll chip in $10 to make this happen.
    I think it works out to $15 for every MOTCOJCOLDS. Totally worth it.

lol

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Another article on how the PAC12 isn't any good at anything though the author misses out on the main point that everything sucked after they added Utah.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...compete-on-it/
    I would love to see Larry Scott attempt to sell the PAC-12 Network on Shark Tank

Larry living large.

Funny portion from the article.

There’s a Saturday-morning Pac-12 meeting scheduled at ARIA. The Pac-12 athletic directors and presidents and chancellors will join Scott and discuss a variety of conference matters. Five years ago when Scott met with his ADs in Las Vegas he had a terse, but telling, exchange with then-Utah athletic director Chris Hill.

Hill, dissatisfied with revenue, pressed Scott on the financials of the conference. He was cut off by the commissioner at the knees, according to others in the room.

Scott sniped: “You’re lucky for what you get.”

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Larry is a hog and the presidents need to remove him.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Pac-12 Networks: Budget projections show decline in revenue, flat year-over-year payouts to the schools

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/...o-the-schools/

Pac-12 Networks: Budget projections show decline in revenue, flat year-over-year payouts to the schools

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/...o-the-schools/
    I guess it is OK that my local cable provider, AT&T U-Verse, dropped the dumb Pac-12 network... BYU plays all three Pac-12 teams at home this year so no chance I'll need it this year.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!