• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PAC12 is looking for PE money.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...-partners.html

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      I wonder if the PAC12 network is for sale as well. I’ve got a couple hundred dollars to burn.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I wonder if the PAC12 network is for sale as well. I’ve got a couple hundred dollars to burn.
        Hey, I am creating this hot, new crypto currency... you can get in on the ground level. 1000x better investment than this PAC12 stuff. Call me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

yes, certainly there’s some fund out there eager to write a $500m equity check for 10% and no control of this turd
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• PAC12 Got Screwed

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            yes, certainly there’s some fund out there eager to write a $500m equity check for 10% and no control of this turd
            But TV rights expire in five years and there's no uncertainty whatsoever around sports media.

EDIT: Not! There’s a ton of uncertainty.
            Last edited by YOhio; 12-31-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

But TV rights expire in five years and there's no uncertainty whatsoever around sports media.

EDIT: Not! There’s a ton of uncertainty.
                Hook, line, AND SINKER!
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• If the Church is willing to put up $2B for a mall then $1/2B to get BYU into a P5 should be a gimme.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• wonder if the p12 is unable to get debt on terms it likes or is otherwise prohibited, because the only way this makes sense for a fund is an arrangement that looks a lot like debt. how else does some tiny minority get its money back?
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• SB nation looks into it.
                      https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...nvestment-plan

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        If the Church is willing to put up $2B for a mall then $1/2B to get BYU into a P5 should be a gimme.
                        Careful, you are going to piss off Lebowski.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Careful, you are going to piss off Lebowski.
                          He was mocking people like you. I approve of his post.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Speaking of mocking. The ducks had a fake punt that was just about the worst thing ever contrived. Too bad they were able to pull out the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              He was mocking people like you. I approve of his post.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                wonder if the p12 is unable to get debt on terms it likes or is otherwise prohibited, because the only way this makes sense for a fund is an arrangement that looks a lot like debt. how else does some tiny minority get its money back?
                                Sounds like a preferred stock structure. I'd think it would be more attractive to a hedge fund than private equity. PE firms aren't the first investors that come to mind in a buy and hold investment. At least a hedge fund might look at it as a recession hedge play.
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X